PDA

View Full Version : Visit out of the blue...

Toaster
14th August 2011, 11:28
... had a knock on the door yesterday from an old riding mate I used to ride with on regular social rides.

Little did I know that in the same year that I had my crash (2008) and life got derailed that he also had a major crash, but not on his motorbike, but his bicycle.

He was taken out by a car failing to see him and nearly killing him. We had a good catch up and he told me how half his skull was replaced with plastic and how his life had changed and his career ended by this terrible event.

Both of us have seen our lives changed forever because of head injuries (not to mention all the other injuries) and how it effectively ended our careers at the time and nearly destroyed our families.

Something to think about when out there riding. Watch out for the unexpected that could change the rest of your life.... ride, have fun, assume nothing, expect anything....

Edbear
14th August 2011, 15:33
Sobering when you meet friends after so long and realise others have also been through tough times.

Can he still ride?

Toaster
15th August 2011, 14:22
Sobering when you meet friends after so long and realise others have also been through tough times.

Can he still ride?

Yep, he recently got back on horse... so to speak. Just slower and more careful than he used to be.....

Maha
15th August 2011, 14:27
Yep, he recently got back on horse... so to speak. Just slower and more careful than he used to be.....

I was out for a bit of scoot around 10 days ago in your neck of the outback Cam.
Saw a rather large bike heading towards me, lights a blazing, flouro vest a wearing and thought...its Cam heading home..:confused:...so I waved but :no: twas not you, it was a :Police:...he waved back :shifty:

Toaster
15th August 2011, 14:31
I was out for a bit of scoot around 10 days ago in your neck of the outback Cam.
Saw a rather large bike heading towards me, lights a blazing, flouro vest a wearing and thought...its Cam heading home..:confused:...so I waved but :no: twas not you, it was a :Police:...he waved back :shifty:

Yep there is the odd one out here on their PB's. Maybe I should paint the ST white?.... white IS the new black apparently.