PDA

View Full Version : All for only $50!!!

k14
15th December 2003, 12:50
Check this out http://www.darkness.net.nz/misc/ebay.html

Dunno if it is a good deal or not. What do you guys think???

wkid_one
15th December 2003, 13:02
I would be inclined to do Due Diligence first......sounds a bit pricey

Andrew
15th December 2003, 18:10
Yes and also did you know that Lenz's law states that "The induced emf is proportional to the rate of change of flux in that circuit" :Offtopic:

Coldkiwi
16th December 2003, 11:22
i thought you were finished studying andrew! go have a beer (but not out of the fridge or I'll have to stock it again)

I say bid quickly. At least if you get the buildings for a decent price you won't have to pay rent or a mortgage anymore :)

marty
16th December 2003, 17:03
and 'gyroscopic procession' states that an input to a rotating plane will occur 90 degrees past the input in the direction of the rotation of that plane, and in the opposite direction to the input (or something like that). apparantly this is the principle behind countersteering

wkid_one
16th December 2003, 17:06
And how planes artificial horizons work....apparently

Coldkiwi
17th December 2003, 08:51
And how planes artificial horizons work....apparently

isn't that done with a bubble in water like a spirit level?

fecking electronics are a mystery to me. mechanics is sensible... you drop your bike, you over stress or strain a part, it breaks. simple.

bloody electronics on the other hand... at some random point during your day, your pricey alarm immobiliser may twitch, kill the bike which promptly flicks you out of the seat when it siezes.

jrandom
17th December 2003, 09:01
your pricey alarm immobiliser may twitch, kill the bike which promptly flicks you out of the seat when it siezes.

IMHO most bike alarm systems are shite and made by dodgy incompetent numpties who don't seem to grasp the concept of 'fail safe' and probably aren't qualified electronic engineers in the first place, although a BE(EE) is not much guarantee of competence or intelligence IME. Blehhhh. I'd never fit an aftermarket immobiliser anyway, if I wanted that feature so bad I'd just buy a Honda with HISS. Something that *works*.

And it's "PREcession", not "procession", AFAIK, as referring to the effective re-projection of a rotational force in a different plane. 'Procession' just doesn't seem to make sense as a word in this case, although it's one of those things that I probably wouldn't bet my life on and if someone on here could be an Authority and clear it up for me it'd fix one of the little irritating niggles in my life...

Hang on, doesn't countersteering work because the tyres have a round profile and the effective diameter goes down when they tilt to one side? :p :p

Coldkiwi
17th December 2003, 11:15
Hang on, doesn't countersteering work because the tyres have a round profile and the effective diameter goes down when they tilt to one side? :p :p

NO. No, you REALLY don't want to start this argument again!! now keep quite before our local anally retentive pom BN sees it!

*SHHHHH!*:sleep:

riffer
17th December 2003, 12:53
I have to bite ... I just have to!!!

Here's a good description of CS and gyroscopic precession.....

http://www.msgroup.org/TIP048.html

just for those who are still confused! I just know it works...