PDA

View Full Version : One of those mornings

slofox
18th August 2011, 09:24
Woke this morning to a super-clear, cool, blue skyed, dry-roaded day. One of those days when you just HAVE to go for a morning ride.

So I did. Ever notice how much better the bike seems to run when the air is cold? Apart from running up behind traffic in a couple of the best corners, the ride was most excellent.

More please!

skippa1
18th August 2011, 09:26
we were talking about that this morning. Clear skies, bit of a chill in the air. Its hard to beat...

slofox
18th August 2011, 09:28
Its hard to beat...

Kinda hard to stay completely legal too...:whistle:

insomnia01
18th August 2011, 10:22
Did a ride over xmas 2011 Te awamutu - Opotiki - Waioeka Gorge then down to Welly wood :love: Gassed up in Opotiki then hit the gorge would have been @ 0630 - 0700 in the morning no cars through there, road was dry got right into carving it up & before I knew it I was in Te karaka :shit::shit: fresh cool & dry air at that time of morning made scooter really sing I could feel it through the throttle unbelievable & AWESOME !!! :2guns::2guns::2guns: it certainly makes a differance with a bike using EFI what about a carb'd bike, would you get the same feeling/reaction from the bike ?

Made good time too !! Te awamutu to Patutahi 3hrs :shifty::shifty::shifty:

SVboy
18th August 2011, 10:45
If it be cold air that you are after, may I suggest the South Island ATM!! However the roads are not so condusive to m/c fun!

ducatilover
18th August 2011, 10:51
Much jealousy here Slofox! I'd like to go take the bike for a morning ride, but, it needs mechanical hugs.
I'll just troll on the netterwebs instead :shifty:

wysper
18th August 2011, 11:31
it certainly makes a differance with a bike using EFI what about a carb'd bike, would you get the same feeling/reaction from the bike ?

The last couple of days that have been REALLY cold (at least for the 'tron) have made the tractor run a bit rough until it is thoroughly warm.

With the carb sort of sticking out the side of the bike, wind chill can keep things a little cold there abouts (i am guessing) so doesn't run as nice.

No issues when it is warm though. I have never ridden a bike with EFI so I don't know what the difference would be at the start of the ride.

@slofox, that was you I waved at this morning just out of Dinsdale ay?

slofox
18th August 2011, 11:42
The last couple of days that have been REALLY cold (at least for the 'tron) have made the tractor run a bit rough until it is thoroughly warm.

With the carb sort of sticking out the side of the bike, wind chill can keep things a little cold there abouts (i am guessing) so doesn't run as nice.

No issues when it is warm though. I have never ridden a bike with EFI so I don't know what the difference would be at the start of the ride.

@slofox, that was you I waved at this morning just out of Dinsdale ay?

Yeah, me - I thought it might be you.

TIBLE_90
18th August 2011, 11:47
gotta love those chilly morning rides. definitely one of my favorite times to ride:love:

Geeen
18th August 2011, 13:17
As I was driving :crybaby: my van to Aucks this morning I was hoping youse fullas was out taking advantage of this awesome morning.

Edbear
18th August 2011, 13:47
A stunning day for sure! Happy you had a great ride! :sunny:

Arrowolf
18th August 2011, 17:06
To bad,it`s impossible down here to have a morning ride. Still a lot of roads a snow covert. And when free a lot of grit around. Need to wait a few days more.:confused:

blackdog
18th August 2011, 17:33
Where is the envy emoticon? :2guns: