PDA

View Full Version : Rear Suspension bearing ?

John
8th July 2005, 15:53
Well Breaking my back trying to clean this little homo dick fag bike and noticed my suspension looking abit out of wack? I have pretty funked up eyes so was wondering if anyone else could confirm this? heres the picture..

Brian d marge
8th July 2005, 16:04
I cant really tell from that pic but the Top mounting bracket looks like is bending towards, the shock, due to those washers maybe ,,,,my guess is its a different shock ,,,,,,other than that I cant tell from photo

My opinion , on to days market prices, is worth 0.002 cents !

Stephen

John
8th July 2005, 16:09
Yea I think your spot on stephen I am figuring that it happened when I landed an incredibly large stoppie, I tried to take some better pictures but they wont come out any better than that one :\. thanks.

duckman
8th July 2005, 16:15
I'm not 100% sure and I'm certainly no mechanic BUT, I think you've mistakenly taken a picture of the inside of your telly... :rofl:

John
8th July 2005, 16:16
I'm not 100% sure and I'm certainly no mechanic BUT, I think you've mistakenly taken a picture of the inside of your telly... :rofl:
lol I have more cables than your little sazmooki thingy :) your jealous right?

John
8th July 2005, 16:26
Heres a better edit I think its hard to explain so I wont make a fool of myself trying.. :weird:

bugjuice
8th July 2005, 16:38
it's hard to say from pics dude.. if it's shot, you'll know it. Grab hold of it and bloody throttle it. If it moves excessively, then may be.. Is the rubber cracked or discoloured around the shocks?

John
8th July 2005, 16:40
Yea the thing is I am wondering about if this was tied into my ragid handling, the rear floats around and such all the time now, think this may be the problem not the bearings I had a look and the swingarm bearings looked good, who knows.. It has rust... alot of rust :lol:..

onearmedbandit
8th July 2005, 17:10
If its floating around I'd check the shock over. Probably never been changed, 13yrs of abuse will kill a shock.

John
8th July 2005, 18:01
Yea, I think you hit the nail..

Now to find a shock that would fit... Would most other road bike shocks fit?..

Coyote
8th July 2005, 18:06

You can have first dibs on parts when I inevitably crash the CBR to oblivion

John
8th July 2005, 18:11
You can have first dibs on parts when I inevitably crash the CBR to oblivion
honda parts SATAN SATAN :lol:...

Coyote
8th July 2005, 18:20
Might make your bike fast for a change :lol:

WINJA
8th July 2005, 18:20

TGEBE BRUIN ON AUCKLANDS NORTH SHORE CAN RECO THAT SHOCK FOR $160 , HE CAN VALVE IT TO YOU WEIGHT, OR GET A GSXR1000 THEVE GOT A GOOD SHOCK

Waylander
8th July 2005, 18:29

Mr Satan?
http://images.myfavoritegames.com/dbz/Images/Haire-Guide_files/satan-42-16.gif

Pixie
9th July 2005, 10:48
I've got a GSX1100R remote reservoir shock for sale $250

John
9th July 2005, 13:23
I might be keen on that I will get back to you, do you have any measurements?