PDA

View Full Version : The other thing we do in our "spare" time

slofox
18th August 2011, 15:01
Just in case anyone is interested...

Ballroom Nationals were held end July. Got a couple of photos from them today.

Li'lfox and I didn't do as well this year as last but hell, we tried anyway.

1. Viennese Waltz
2. Twilight Waltz

244921 244922

george formby
18th August 2011, 15:08
Very elegant and you look nothing like your avatar. Hats off to you.

Perhaps the single origin coffee has tempered your performance?

Deano
18th August 2011, 15:11
Nice pics. Very stylish !

Do the names Wally and Gwen Dixon from Hawkes Bay ring any bells ?

They were friends of the family and right into their ballroom dancing.

They have both passed now (would be in their 90's - not suggesting you're that old), but you may have heard of them ?

slofox
18th August 2011, 15:36
Nice pics. Very stylish !

Do the names Wally and Gwen Dixon from Hawkes Bay ring any bells ?

They were friends of the family and right into their ballroom dancing.

They have both passed now (would be in their 90's - not suggesting you're that old), but you may have heard of them ?

I have heard their names from time to time - usually in the context of "...do you remember..?"

Not quite that old but well on the friggin' way...:crazy:

slofox
18th August 2011, 15:38
...you look nothing like your avatar.

That's because I put on a disguise to do that stuff...

willytheekid
18th August 2011, 15:39
Beautiful Pics Slofox :yes:

Thanks for sharing, and as always, wishing you and Li'lfox all the best.
:niceone:

...and as george said....looking nothing like your avatar! (you smoothy)

kiwifruit
18th August 2011, 16:59
All class :)

Indiana_Jones
18th August 2011, 17:32
Lookin' classy!

:D

-Indy

Maha
18th August 2011, 17:35

scumdog
18th August 2011, 17:47
Elegant and classy, good on ya!

Had a bash at ceroc (sp?) once, it was fun and cool but my knees didn't think so, still a different but nice dance style to watch.

Edbear
18th August 2011, 17:51
+1 Wot they all sed! I do like watching ballroom, but I'd fall flat on my butt if I tried it...

Mom
18th August 2011, 18:06
I love the dance. Once upon a time I did a bit of ballroom. Much preferred the latin American though.

Maha
18th August 2011, 18:36
When I danced as a youngster, my sister said I looked like a spastic spider...:confused:

NighthawkNZ
18th August 2011, 18:40
so are you the one in the pink dress... just asking like? <_<:laugh:

munster
18th August 2011, 19:37
awesome stuff, but I can't see HER face?

All I can think of is Waltz of the Flowers, had a little 45 rpm single with a story of mice & flowers when I was a little 'un.

Oblivion
18th August 2011, 20:22
You kinda remind me of the Barons that they had in 18th century England.

But I know your not THAT old. :innocent:

Bikemad
18th August 2011, 20:33
good on ya ol fella..........two left feet here

ckai
18th August 2011, 20:39
Mr Fox, you ditch the specs for dancing??? You wear contacts or go blind for a few minutes?

I love the dance. Once upon a time I did a bit of ballroom. Much preferred the latin American though.

I'm with ya there. Nothing like skirts flinging that isn't rock 'n roll. No offense to the rockers out there, but I can't stand that dance. One of the reasons I lost interest in ceroc...too many moves reminded me of rock n roll. I loves the latin aspect though.

I waltzed when I was a wee lad, in school none the less. Bloody good for discipline and respect. It's WAY too structured for me to do now. My brain can't stay focused long enough :laugh: Good to watch those that have done it for years though. Like floating on air :)

Spearfish
18th August 2011, 20:42
You kinda remind me of the Barons that they had in 18th century England.

I was thinking Jeeves and Wooster.

Takes me back to the days of the old school ball, we had "practice" lessons with the guys standing on one side of the hall the girls the other, It was a hell of a lot of fun once we got over ourselves and realised girls didn't have cooties.....

Mom
18th August 2011, 20:46
I'm with ya there. Nothing like skirts flinging that isn't rock 'n roll.

It is all in the hips baby :blip:

Much more sensuous form of dance :o

mashman
18th August 2011, 20:57
Are you wearing makeup? :shifty:

munster
18th August 2011, 21:30
It was a hell of a lot of fun once we got over ourselves and realised girls didn't have cooties.....
but it was way more fun when we realised they had tits . . . .

Paul in NZ
19th August 2011, 07:57
Very styish.... I suspect Miss Vicki could be tempted by such antics but sadly I have all the style of P addicted Hobo living in a slag heap....

So we do 'other' other things in our spare time...

gijoe1313
19th August 2011, 12:58
This is way to classy for KB! :oi-grr: Good on ya ... my uncle and aunt are into Ballroom dancing big time (big in the asian social scene). Keep up the stirling work! :yes:

slofox
19th August 2011, 13:12
Elegant and classy, good on ya!

Had a bash at ceroc (sp?) once, it was fun and cool but my knees didn't think so, still a different but nice dance style to watch.

Have done a bit of ceroc myself from time to time.

I take ya out for a whizz round the floor one day Mom!

so are you the one in the pink dress... just asking like? <_<:laugh:

Yeah, that's me. Purty eh?

awesome stuff, but I can't see HER face?

Yeah. HER gets all shitty about that too.

Feels like it the day after a competition...

Mr Fox, you ditch the specs for dancing??? You wear contacts or go blind for a few minutes?

Contacts.

Are you wearing makeup? :shifty:

Fake tan so's not to look too terrified - and axle grease in the hair...that's the bit I don't like. :crazy:

but it was way more fun when we realised they had tits . . . .

Why do you think I DO this stuff...:devil2:

Banditbandit
19th August 2011, 13:47
Fuck I thought the other thing we did was SEX ..

Oh welll

Anyway ... You guys look awesome .. very elegent ... when's the video going to be posted? Like to see you guys move ..

Swoop
19th August 2011, 13:54
Keep up the stirling work!

How do you mean? Go to Stirling (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stirling)?
Or fine (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sterling) work?
:scratch:

slofox
19th August 2011, 14:32
Fuck I thought the other thing we did was SEX ..

See post #25 - the last entry...:whistle:

I dunno that there is any video of us this year...usually looks crap on home video anyway. To really see the movement you need to see it live.

wysper
19th August 2011, 15:15

I am quite the opposite, I loved the waltz etc, probably should have stuck with it.
I was never that good, but I enjoyed the classical (?) European dances more than the latin, probably because I was rubbish at the latin dances.

Corse1
19th August 2011, 15:39
2 pages and apart from one other interest in fishing its all about the first post.

My mate tried ceroc and that was it! After 25 years of marriage he left the wife and kids for another younger ceroc dancer................

The missus hates bikes but loves golf so thats our other interest. keeps some togetherness going on:yes:

Problem arises.....its a nice day for.......:scooter:

slofox
19th August 2011, 16:02
My mate tried ceroc and that was it! After 25 years of marriage he left the wife and kids for another younger ceroc dancer................

It was 35 years for me...

Maybe the Baptists are right after all. Dancing does lead to fornication...
When I started there were about four divorces in the class I started with - including the principal's. Nuff said.

Like I've already said. See post #25, last entry...

Mom
19th August 2011, 18:10
I take ya out for a whizz round the floor one day Mom!

OMG! It has been so long I wont remember anything I am sure :confused:

Mom
19th August 2011, 18:16
I am quite the opposite, I loved the waltz etc, probably should have stuck with it.
I was never that good, but I enjoyed the classical (?) European dances more than the latin, probably because I was rubbish at the latin dances.

I could not waltz for nuts. Honestly, I used to fall over my feet. Really strange though as I played music and knew the three beat really well, it was all about my stupid feet. Then one of the neighbour hood boys I used to play with (cricket, chasey, cowboys and indians - NOT doctors and nurses! with) asked me to dance a waltz with him. When I told him I could not waltz, he said he would teach me how and he did :Punk: How easy is that to do?

My fav though was the foxtrot, learned the steps on my fathers feet, enjoyed the dance very much.

I have a very sneaky suspicion that one of the main reasons I loved the Latino dances was I used to like flashing my knickers at the boys :o

Spearfish
19th August 2011, 23:10
I could not waltz for nuts. Honestly, I used to fall over my feet. Really strange though as I played music and knew the three beat really well, it was all about my stupid feet.

What instrument did you play?

slofox
20th August 2011, 08:02
OMG! It has been so long I wont remember anything I am sure :confused:

Just follow sweetheart - just follow...:whistle:

oldrider
20th August 2011, 08:17
I could not waltz for nuts.

I couldn't dance for nuts either but now I have aged I could try tying them to my ankles and have another go at it! :wings:

Mom
20th August 2011, 08:50
What instrument did you play?

I play a cornet. Can play all the brass insruments though. Nothing but nothing beats making old men cry playing the Last Post.

rachprice
20th August 2011, 09:26
That is so adorable!
I love it!!

I too used to dance when I was young, ballet and jazz though, never got round to ballroom though I always wanted to!