PDA

View Full Version : Auckland Weather

Zed
8th July 2005, 18:15
...this week has been atrocious!

It's the first week in quite a while where EVERY commute to work and back for me was wet! Only got soaked once though, that cordura is great stuff. I'm glad I only live 12 mins ride from work. :lol:

Despite what some say about Auckland weather though, I quite enjoy the patterns, and it's not extreme either. I'm thankful that I don't have to ride on black ice and snow where I live! That Auckland sun and blue sky will be out in all their glory again soon enough.

Oh and while I'm on the subject of the place I have lived all of my life - all you chumps out there who call me a Dork (D'land, dorkland, whateva...) for living here, and all you wombles who make fun of my city, here's a nice big fat *raspberry* for you!!! :bleh:

SPman
8th July 2005, 18:35
When I was living in ChCh, the Boss and I had a discussion about which was the most pleasant city in the world (that we'd seen)
Came down to San Francisco or Auckland. He (a confirmed Cantabrabrophile), reckoned ...Auckland.
So did I.....shame about all the bloody people though......was even better 40 yrs ago!

Jantar
8th July 2005, 18:35
... Only got soaked once though, that cordura is great stuff. I'm glad I only live 12 mins ride from work. :lol:

:

So cordura is only waterproof for 12 mins? :eyepoke:

Waylander
8th July 2005, 18:37
When I was living in ChCh, the Boss and I had a discussion about which was the most pleasant city in the world (that we'd seen)
Came down to San Francisco or Auckland. He (a confirmed Cantabrabrophile), reckoned ...Auckland.
So did I.....shame about all the bloody people though......
Have you ever been to SanFran? :puke:

SPman
8th July 2005, 18:38
So cordura is only waterproof for 12 mins? images/smilies/eyepoke.gif
In Auckland this week - I reckon.
Normally its about 15!

SPman
8th July 2005, 18:39
Have you ever been to SanFran? :puke:
We were talking scenery-wise.....coastal city and all...

Waylander
8th July 2005, 18:40
We were talking scenery-wise
Oh ok then yea. Though I would have to say Denver isn't bad.

Skyryder
8th July 2005, 19:56
So did I.....shame about all the bloody people though......was even better 40 yrs ago!

Wasn't everwhere?

Skyryder

Zed
8th July 2005, 19:58
So cordura is only waterproof for 12 mins? :eyepoke:Are you being facetious? :wacko: During one of my 12 minute runs this week the cordura was not waterproof and I got soaked, so it's obviously the amount of rainfall that is the determining factor of how waterproof the material will remain! :thud:

White trash
8th July 2005, 20:02
What about Houston? Isn't that the "fat" capital of the world or something? That sounds like a nice place to live.

badlieutenant
8th July 2005, 20:23
Are you being facetious? :wacko: During one of my 12 minute runs this week the cordura was not waterproof and I got soaked, so it's obviously the amount of rainfall that is the determining factor of how waterproof the material will remain! :thud:
?? im not sure i know what you mean zed??
do you mean after a while you did get wet ? which would means its not 100% water proof cordura.
I didnt get wet going to the tookanu rally last year and it did rain. Ask anyone who was there how much it rained.
maybe your cordura needs re-water proofing ? Ive never had to do this, im not sure you ever do...........anyone out there know ??

Riff Raff
8th July 2005, 20:25
Are you being facetious? :wacko: During one of my 12 minute runs this week the cordura was not waterproof and I got soaked, so it's obviously the amount of rainfall that is the determining factor of how waterproof the material will remain! :thud:
My cordura is usually pretty good - but on my rides to and from work this week it was pissing down and started seeping through the sleeves of my jacket.

Jeremy
8th July 2005, 20:31
I didn't like the weather this week, but for a different reason. Since it's the Uni holidays there's a lot of lans on. And shifting your computer in the wet is not nice as there aren't many water proof computers.

Ixion
8th July 2005, 20:45
Yith it has indeed been a wet week. An hour on the motorway last night in as heavy a rain as I remember for a while. Everything very wet on the outside , but nothing leaked EXCEPT my damned boots. As always. I have abandoned hope of finding boots that keep the water out. :mad:

Kittyhawk
8th July 2005, 22:31
Auckland weather isn't that bad. I come from Mt Maunganui although it had higher sunshine hours I have to agree the weather is unpredictable and I like it....especially the clear sunny days and the following its raining hard and thunder and stormy outside.....nice time to curl up in bed and listen to the roof dancing with the droplets of water.
Also it's good to ride in as you gain more experience in different conditions.

Zed
8th July 2005, 22:39
?? im not sure i know what you mean zed??
do you mean after a while you did get wet ? which would means its not 100% water proof cordura.Do you know you used *eight* question marks in your reply? Were you that confused???????

It may be that 'water resistant' is more apt terminology! :scratch:

Zed
8th July 2005, 22:40
...listen to the roof dancing with the droplets of water.I see you're captivated by the sound of raindrops too! :love:

Waylander
9th July 2005, 01:47
What about Houston? Isn't that the "fat" capital of the world or something? That sounds like a nice place to live.
BAHAHAHAHAHA. Imagine Rotorua but bigger, uglier and smellier. Only thing they got goin for them is NASA mission control and that's only fun when they are launching somhing.

Phurrball
9th July 2005, 03:24
Aye, sounds a *little wet* up there at the moment. Can't say I'm missing the Rain with a capital 'R' during my stint back in the South Island.

Hopefully my hovel hasn't leaked in my absence... :rolleyes:

That Auckland wetness is a little bothersome [last time I experienced it.] Makes my elderly, decrepit cage leak... :oi-grr:

Nice, crisp cold down in Dunedin and Rangiora at the moment. [Can't say I'm that hard though - outside is good in small doses :cold:]

Have fun playing with the ducks in all that rain :2thumbsup

See y'all soon :yes:

Lou Girardin
9th July 2005, 08:53
I loath Auck's weather, head out for a ride in sunshine and it's pissing down an hour later.
I think I'd rather be cold than wet. But the golden handcuffs have us tied to Auck.
And why has it dumped it down right on 5.30 PM nearly every night this week?
Thankfully my gear is 100% waterproof.