PDA

View Full Version : Neavesville

Crabby
20th August 2011, 16:44
Anyone been up the stadia track lately ?

A while ago it was closed off and I think you could ask for access through a 4wd club guy... anyone know is this is still the case?

RJM
20th August 2011, 16:53
When you say Neavesville do you mean the gravel / clay carpark in the Kopu Hikuais?

Crabby
21st August 2011, 20:24
Indeed, that is where I mean.

cave weta
23rd August 2011, 17:00
Its closed off to keep idiots who need rescuing out. bikes are fine but Aucklanders in their Remuera Tractoors follow their GPS in there and cant get out again!
Its piss easy now on a bike. PowerCo have been in and serviced their lines and bulldozed a whole new superhighway through thare.

RJM
23rd August 2011, 20:09
I'm still confused - are bikes allowed in there? I've been in there once and spotted one hiker who was happy to point us in the right direction but then heard if you go too far in you'll be tresspassing on maori land?

Hah funny you should mention Remuera tractors... Photo is a piss take, didn't go in further than that.

Crabby
23rd August 2011, 20:50
Yeah apparently a certain part of the Stadia ( I think ) track runs over some private land and you have to ask permission to ride over there.

So contacting the power's might be the best bet by the sounds?

cave weta
29th August 2011, 21:40
I'm still confused - are bikes allowed in there? I've been in there once and spotted one hiker who was happy to point us in the right direction but then heard if you go too far in you'll be tresspassing on maori land?

Hah funny you should mention Remuera tractors... Photo is a piss take, didn't go in further than that.

Yeah apparently a certain part of the Stadia ( I think ) track runs over some private land and you have to ask permission to ride over there.

So contacting the power's might be the best bet by the sounds?

The Maori trust own it from the sawmill on the top of the hill and along the big bluff to your left and down the hill to your right to the Kopu rd

They are NEVER there- they all live around wellington!- Ive dealt with them on the phone - Not keen on casual riders but they do allow me and my tours in there.