PDA

View Full Version : Posties engine question

lukemillar
23rd August 2011, 11:20
Hey all,

Wondering if someone could clarify something for me....

I'm looking out for a second NC30 engine, but am having trouble finding a 1989 model engine. The rules say that major components must be manufactured before Dec 31st 1989 which includes engine and gearbox castings (fair enough) however... it then goes on to say:

Replica Parts and Materials
Replica parts, major or otherwise, may be used in any proportion, provided that they are true and faithful copies of the original components made to original dimensions from the materials originally specified.

The NC30 motor didn't change from year to year, so a 1990-1994 model is the same as a 1989- same materials, design etc. Could it be perceived that a later model engine is a true and faithful copy of a 1989 one?

There isn't any mechanical or power advantage on using a later model engine, but I'm just wondering if I am able to widen the search and it still be legal to run, or just keep on searching for another 1989 motor?

Cheers
Luke

malcy25
23rd August 2011, 12:44
LUke

You have pretty well much answered the question.

The NC30 motor didn't change from year to year, so a 1990-1994 model is the same as a 1989- same materials, design etc.
As long as you can confirm this if ever asked, it will be all good.

lukemillar
23rd August 2011, 13:36
LUke

You have pretty well much answered the question.

The NC30 motor didn't change from year to year, so a 1990-1994 model is the same as a 1989- same materials, design etc.
As long as you can confirm this if ever asked, it will be all good.

That is easy enough - there is plenty of info!

If that is the case, then it makes my life a whole lot easier :)

codgyoleracer
25th August 2011, 00:25
+1 On what Malcy said, the postie guys have a positive attitude to the class & if a motor / frame / major components etc are as per the item released within the era on that model - then there is unlikely to be an issue. Mostly its all about having as many competitors and spectators as possible being able to enjoy the nostalgia of the various era's.

Open slather applies on engine internals though - so go for it in that respect! :-)

Check the nzpcra web site for rules & specs.

GW

crazy man
30th August 2011, 16:11
+1 On what Malcy said, the postie guys have a positive attitude to the class & if a motor / frame / major components etc are as per the item released within the era on that model - then there is unlikely to be an issue. Mostly its all about having as many competitors and spectators as possible being able to enjoy the nostalgia of the various era's.

Open slather applies on engine internals though - so go for it in that respect! :-)

Check the nzpcra web site for rules & specs.

GWare you for real

codgyoleracer
1st September 2011, 10:09
Man your so ugly, they woulda definatley slapped you twice when you were born, :-)

As you know i am a stickler for rules.

crazy man
10th September 2011, 19:26
Man your so ugly, they woulda definatley slapped you twice when you were born, :-)

As you know i am a stickler for rules.looks like your the only one riding a Postie

codgyoleracer
13th September 2011, 08:16
looks like your the only one riding a Postie

True, if we agree to agree with everything we say - we could have the perfect conversation.

I'll start it off........

God you are one handsome looking fella.......