PDA

View Full Version : New rider on Auckland's North Shore

jackboy
27th August 2011, 22:57
Hey everyone,

New user here and completely new to biking. I'm a 27 year old computer programmer living on the Shore. My father was a motorcycle enthusiast when he was younger and helped me pick out my first bike - Yamaha Scorpio 225. Has been great for learning on and feel that I've been picking it up decently. Am into my fourth week of riding now.

I ride a motorcycle as my sole means of transport, it has nearly been a couple of years since I last owned a car and do not plan on buying one any time soon. My plans for the future just include buying a bigger, sexier bike when I graduate to my full license!

I was directed to KiwiBiker.co.nz from a friend of my sister who also rides. Look forward to attending some of the events in future and group rides. You'll see me around the forums and hope to have a chat with you all in my future as a member here.

Thanks for reading!
Jack

EJK
27th August 2011, 23:01
Welcome to KiwiBiker Forum<sup>TM</sup> - The home of experts and geniuses. Where you will find your answers to all your questions.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker, you can make it anywhere.

:sunny:

Shaun
28th August 2011, 07:45
Welcome to KiwiBiker Forum<sup>TM</sup> - The home of experts and geniuses. Where you will find your answers to all your questions.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker, you can make it anywhere.

:sunny:

Gidday Jack, see you in the soup some time

nzspokes
28th August 2011, 08:25
Keep an eye on this thread, http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/136488-Learners-and-Newbie-Ride . Great fun and easy.

Dont worry about motorway speeds, im an L plater and did my first motorway run yesterday. I run at 80 and no worries apart from cars holding me up.

Try Nass to, I do Sass and its cool.

Maha
28th August 2011, 08:33
Hey everyone,

New user here and completely new to biking. I'm a 27 year old computer programmer living on the Shore. My father was a motorcycle enthusiast when he was younger and helped me pick out my first bike - Yamaha Scorpio 225. Has been great for learning on and feel that I've been picking it up decently. Am into my fourth week of riding now.

I ride a motorcycle as my sole means of transport, it has nearly been a couple of years since I last owned a car and do not plan on buying one any time soon. My plans for the future just include buying a bigger, sexier bike when I graduate to my full license!

I was directed to KiwiBiker.co.nz from a friend of my sister who also rides. Look forward to attending some of the events in future and group rides. You'll see me around the forums and hope to have a chat with you all in my future as a member here.

Thanks for reading!
Jack

Keep an eye on this thread, http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/136488-Learners-and-Newbie-Ride . Great fun and easy.

Dont worry about motorway speeds, im an L plater and did my first motorway run yesterday. I run at 80 and no worries apart from cars holding me up.

Try Nass to, I do Sass and its cool.

Hi Jack, read the first post in that link. It explains what we are about in a nutshell.
Three scorpios attended yesterday. The rides are designed around the new/learner rider.

jackboy
28th August 2011, 10:40
Thanks for the welcome everyone - I have both of those threads bookmarked - the NASS one and the learner riders. Will definitely be keen to come along to the next learner ride! I checked out the thread a little late or would've been there yesterday.

YellowDog
28th August 2011, 11:00
Hi Jack, welcome to the site.

Search is your friend and you can subscribe to threads of interest so that you are notified of new posts.

It's only $10 per thread :laugh:

Watchout for the wind up merchants and piss takers too :niceone:

jackboy
28th August 2011, 11:15
Watchout for the wind up merchants and piss takers too :niceone:
I'm new to biking, not the internet ;)

Maha
28th August 2011, 11:18
I'm new to biking, not the internet ;)

:laugh:...You will fit in just nicely.