PDA

View Full Version : Cool project bike

nzspokes
3rd September 2011, 07:32
I think this would make a cool project. If I had the cash I would grab it an aim to have it going for when I got my full.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=403971812

Laava
3rd September 2011, 15:00
If it is a project then you do not want to pay too much for it. $950 is more than I would want to pay for a bike with dead rego, and I think he will have trouble shifting it. Doesn't hurt to bid tho so you get first refusal.
Far as I know the 700 was supposed to be a gem of a machine so you prob can't go wrong in that regard

Road kill
3rd September 2011, 17:48
Around that year those things had cam chain issues there were "or were not" sorted under warranty.

MikeD400
3rd September 2011, 22:22
I think this would make a cool project. If I had the cash I would grab it an aim to have it going for when I got my full.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=403971812

Cool story bro!

DR650gary
4th September 2011, 20:24
Probably $2500 ish all done. Definitely a possible on cam chain tensioner. It falls out!

Looks like a lot to get it to finished state and then $500+ to get it back on the rd plus a new reg.

$100, and do him a favour:innocent:

dogsnbikes
4th September 2011, 20:48
Until you really see the bike in the flesh,you can't judge what needs too be done....

With a project bike set your spending limit...

-work out the market value of the bike....(then offer no more than 20%)
-when looking,take note of what you will be replacing/repairing and refurbishing
-consider how much of the work you can actually do yourself?
-find a sorce of parts....(contact econohonda and see if they can supply the parts as the chances are that any bike shop you deal with will contact econohonda anyway)
-find a workshop manual

Allow approx $700 for the revinning process that should be enough to cover the brake declaration also

projects are fun as you have found out with your 250...Have fun but keep it in cheak