PDA

View Full Version : Ruapuna Buckets write up Rd3

Kickaha
10th July 2005, 19:29
Got a txt from Dangerous at work on Saturday begging me to come around after work, I txt him back and told him to “get fucked” but feeling a bit sorry for the poor lad I head off around there to be stunned with a scene of mechanical ineptitude with his bucket hardly ready to be pushed down the drive let alone ridden

After a bit of stuffing about trying to get the back brakes bled up and not having much success he pulls another rear master cylinder out of the box and we do a comparison, a quick look and we notice a tiny hole that allows the fluid through is blocked, a quick poke with one of the needles he uses for dressmaking and it’s all sorted and we get the rear brake working, a quick bleed on the front and it seems ok and I’m particularly worried as I’m not the person riding it :rofl:

K14 turns up and I think he’s spending to much time around Dangerous as he stuffs about like a old Nana, he’s worried about minor details like a sticking throttle and putting on some numbers, I decide to bugger off as I have heaps of work to do on my own bucket, as I’m pretty sure fitting the fuel tank and battery will take at least a couple of minutes

With that done I head inside to play on KB and TonyB pops up on msn telling me that on his bucket debut that he “must remember not to crash, and not to come last- otherwise I have a feeling I'll be reading all about it on KB” I tell him its to late I’ve already started doing the write up and he tries to bribe me with pies and coke to make him look good, as if there’s enough pies and coke in the world to make that happen. :whistle:

I wake up to a overcast morning and toss my gear in the ute and load up the bike and tools grab some brekkie and head off to meet Dangerous, on the way it starts drizzling a bit but it looks clear out towards the track we head off out to the track, and rock on up about 10.00am and pull the bikes off the back of the ute and out of the back of the van and get set up and then wander down and sign in and get the bikes scrutineered

TonyB and Bren_chch turn up and a little bit later their bikes do as well and they promptly start arguing about who gets what bike as they unload them, once they sort that out everyone gets their bikes scrutineered and all pass ok, Dangerous bike has died and appears to have run out of sparks but new Kber Stanko has turned up to introduce himself and lends a hand and eventually it fires up again

Practice
We head on out onto a damp track and start going as fast as we can, I feel the bike start to slide on the fast kink over the back which doesn’t feel to good and then Diesel Pig goes past and I stick to the back of him, a lap later and Darryl Cotton pulls past into the fast kink and then I nearly rear end him on the way out as his bike bogs down, the GN is missing a bit but still fast enough to run in the top 4-5 and I’m thinking I’ll be picking up a bunch of points today

Race 1
As we line up for the dummy grid my bike wont start which is unusual as it normally fires up pretty good, I look on in frustration as the bikes head out onto the track and I’m left with a dead bike, as I’m trying to sort out what it is I miss seeing the first race, but as the bikes trickle back into the pits I quickly notice both TonyB and Bren_chch missing, We hear a bike has gone down and it’s obvious it’s one of those two but then TonyB turns up, after a bit and admits that due to gross incompetence he’d run out of gas :rofl: with two laps to go and that it was Bren_chch that went down but that he was up and walking, as it turned out it was more limping that walking and Bren_chch suspects that the footpeg digging it unloaded the rear and tossed him off the bike, he doesn’t appear to have anything broken but seems to have developed a bit of a limp so decides rather than chance it again one crash will do him for the day and he heads off home

Race2
I wander up the hill to watch this as despite our best efforts we can’t get any sparks on mine even with having power to all the right places so the race start without me, Dangerous and K14 are running close together and then James dumps the club slut right in front of them :clap: and slides off the track, not to long after that Dangerous bikes decides it’s had enough of his attempt at piss poor riding and stops on him leaving poor K14 to have a lonely ride around by himself, in the meantime Diesel Pig has got to the front of the field and thinks all his Christmases have come at once, when to his shock and horror finds that Darryl Cotton had just been playing about and buggers off leaving Diesel Pig trailing forlornly behind him but still getting a second place, TonyB manages to finish without running out of gas this time but way back down the field

Race 3
A full on Battle at the front with Tony Mc, Diesel Pig and Brent Cotton going hard out for the lead, further back down the field, Dangerous bike dies again and he’s getting a bit fitter with all the exercise pushing it off the track, K14 pulls off a great start and hit’s the fast kink in second place but looses two more by the hairpin and then gets into a three way battle with Leigh and Darryl Cotton, he manages to hold them out for a couple of laps then starts loosing a place each lap but manages a Bucket career best finish of 6th place with Diesel Pig getting another 2nd after passing and then dropping off Tony Mc, TonyB is having a battle with a young guy on a RX125 towards the back of the field and they swap place a couple of times before the RX pulls a gap

I’m sure the other will be along soon to give their own version of events as mine may not bear any direct resemblance to what actually happened on the day :yes:

The KB support crew was again out in force with Biff,R1Aaron,Gav, Stanko and Jimmie turning up at various times during the day and with another six Kber’s on the track it must be the largest gathering the Chch crew has had and with us making up over 25% of the field, pretty soon we’ll have our own class

TonyB
10th July 2005, 20:55
Gross incompetence eh? Pretty hard to argue with that- what a stoopid thing to do :rofl: Was going OK in that race too- was actually slowly catching the group in front of me and feeling confident I would be passing a couple when *splutter splutter buuuuuuuuuuuuuu* bike runs out of gogo juice- conviniently dying completely at the exact furtherest point from the pits :rofl: Lesson #1 learnt- check the amount of fuel

In the second race I was strangely nervous before the start. I think Brens off had something to do with that. Once underway I was fine, the bike had major issues running after a closed throttle, sometimes loosing me two or three bike lengths before firing again. Was having problems looking far enough ahead and at one stage was watching the guy infront so intently that I ran out of road, charged across the ripple strip and onto the concrete. Did it twice actually. Lesson #2 learnt- look far ahead (actually I 'knew' that one already- just seem to have to keep reinforcing it). D decided he would like to be a flag marshal mid race while Kickaha declined my not entirely genuine offer to borrow 'my' bike to gain some points, instead choosing to spectate. I managed an excellent 3rd or 4th from the back

In the last race I again stuffed up the start completely, ending up second to last :mad: or thereabouts. So my mission now is to sort out my blody starts :oi-grr: I had a nearly race long battle with the afore mentioned 125 yammy. He kept trying to duck up the inside of me at the kink/ Pothole. On the second to last lap he was close enough to push the point, and instead of doing the sensible thing and slowing, letting him go thru, and then cutting inside and retaking him I tried to play chicken and lost, loosing heaps of ground that proved impossible to regain. Meanwhile D decided to spectate from a different angle.... same place, different side of the track (are you sure the coils aren't overheating D- it was about the same # of laps too). So I finished an awesome 2nd or 3rd from last
Lesson #3 learnt- don't do anything that will cause you to loose ground on a bucket- it's bloody hard to make up again.
Lesson #4 learnt- don't play chicken with young guys :rofl:

I had a blast and will definitely be having another crack at it. The hunt for a bucket is on.

onearmedbandit
10th July 2005, 21:07
Sounds like you guys had a great day, I should've been out there but wasn't even aware it was on. I might have to try me a bit of this action, sounds like a blast and beats working.

dangerous
10th July 2005, 21:21
Emmmmmmm....... interesting day huh, well cerntenly was an eventfull day dont think there was a single bike amounest the KB crew that dident have problems of one sort or another. :ride:
The day started off with me relising I had forgoten my camera, sorry folk no pics from me and K14 dident charge his batts..... but dont worry there will be pics on another site which I'll post up next weekend.
Kick's bike simply shit its self, mine shit its self then would go again... was very interesting watching the race from the edges of the track, TonyB was a darft twit even his wee girl couldent stop laoughing at him, Bren..... well ya bastard I missed seeing that one, K14... kept loosing and breaking his jarlopy but was able to do every race..... however at one point it wouldent start so I pushed him up and down the acsess road for half an hr before asking if the bloody kill switch was 'on'........ his reply and I quote was "dumbass" and that he was, in my books because I was the noddy pushing him I reckon that takes the 'dipshit dumbass' award of the day (sorry TonyB try harder next time) :drinkup:
Now the only KBer not to have trouble by now was diesel Pig..... but he came in after the last race commenting that he was missing.... so I guess we all have pleanty of work ahead of us before the next meet. :yes:
A great comunity out there every one helps every one (cept Kickaha theres no help for him) :no:

Good shit people :Punk:

dangerous
10th July 2005, 21:26
Sounds like you guys had a great day, I should've been out there but wasn't even aware it was on.
keep an eye on the calander on the home page......... :ride:

Bren_chch
10th July 2005, 21:54
yeah well... it was fantastic for the short time on that i had :ride:, back in to it as soon as! i'm gana get a bucket of my own to bend. cheers to the good guy who loaned Tony and I the bikes and cheers to Kickaha for organising them... spot on!

I have to say i'm really dissapointed in my spool leathers, they've split in 3 locations from that one slide... fuk it, i might even get some pics and show u all! :oi-grr:

TonyB
11th July 2005, 12:01
mine shit its self then would go again... was very interesting watching the race from the edges of the track
New theory- reckon your fancy titanium back protector is creating some sort of bizzare electrical feild thats messing with your bike.
me "Titanium eh? What does the titanium do?"
D "Fucked if I know, but it sounds cool"

TonyB was a darft twit even his wee girl couldent stop laoughing at him Ungrateful little rug-rat! Just remember to race with your marshals flag next time D, you may as well make yourself useful while you're parked on the side of the track :devil2:

k14
11th July 2005, 13:21
Yeah a pretty good, making my "premier class" debut after so many holdup and injuries :no:

I managed to take 3 pics before the batteries ran out, here they are. I was so sure that they were charged :weird:

Next meeting is levels on sat the 23rd, first round of king of levels. Be able to bring the rs out and blow out some cobwebs.

Pics:
1.) Dangerous trying to fix his very dodgy electrics.
2.) Kickaha, TonyB and Bren deciding whose leathers look the best.
3.) Diesel Pig making some setup changes to Black Betty (his CBX550).

dangerous
11th July 2005, 18:30
Pics:
1.) Dangerous trying to fix his very dodgy electrics.
2.) Kickaha, TonyB and Bren deciding whose leathers look the best.
3.) Diesel Pig making some setup changes to Black Betty (his CBX550).
1.) Ohhhhhhhhh......... titaniummmmmmm, mmmmmmmmmmmm
2.) no, you just sore a perfect chance to get your self a pic of Kickaha's arse in leather
3.) Biff Baff.... someones scoping ya mk2 Bird out

Bike numbers
pic1)
#68 dangerous
#83 Kickaha
#11 Bren (leaning on ute)
ps: note Mrs TonyB very slyley checking out the guys and leather

pic2)
#83 Kick
#111 TonyB & Brens on ute (both GP100's)

pic3)
#57 Diesel Pigs CBX and CB bucket with very stylie Guzzi mk1 fairing
#xx in the back ground is Biffs bird.
#8 K14

Kickaha
11th July 2005, 19:01
Pulled the side cover off the bike tonight and as I suspected the trigger wheel is lying in the bottom of it having sheared off the bolt that attaches it to the crank, I think it's time to build a better system :yes:

gav
11th July 2005, 19:24
The truth is out there......

Kickaha
11th July 2005, 19:39
The truth is out there......

Yeah but you wont find it hanging around this bloody site :yes:

Two Smoker
11th July 2005, 19:44
hehehe you guys crack me up... if i had the $$$ i would be down there with a bucket, falling off the bike from laughing so much...

speedpro
11th July 2005, 20:43
hehehe you guys crack me up... if i had the $$$ i would be down there with a bucket, falling off the bike from laughing so much...
that's not the usual excuse for falling off but it'll do

dangerous
16th July 2005, 15:38
http://www.sportzfotoz.co.nz/galleryCBearsWSRnd32005buckets.htm

Are we having fun or what :Punk:
#08............. k14
#111........... TonyB
#57............. Diesel Pig
#68............. dangerous
#1111.......... Bren_
#83............. Kickaha

diesel pig
16th July 2005, 16:16
Hey K14 if you go to the link Dangerous posted and look at the head on pic of you rounding the hair-pin you can see where your boot ends and the foot peg carrys on, if you fitted shorter and smaller pegs you could lean over futher :Punk:

k14
16th July 2005, 17:04
Yeah I know, got something in the works to sort that out. Hopefully will be ready for levels next weekend.

gav
16th July 2005, 19:46
Yeah I know, got something in the works to sort that out. Hopefully will be ready for levels next weekend.
And your number boards crooked, tidy up ya act, young man..... :nono:

dangerous
16th July 2005, 19:51
And your number boards crooked, tidy up ya act, young man..... :nono:
Thats just to make it look like its over further than it really is, sparks look cool trailing out behind him tho, kinda takes ya mind of riding doh :whistle:

Biff
16th July 2005, 19:53
3.) Biff Baff.... someones scoping ya mk2 Bird out

#xx in the back ground is Biffs bird.

Why the dodgy, nosey, good looking......oh wait - it's me actually!

gav
16th July 2005, 20:17
Checking for scratchs???