PDA

View Full Version : Triumph parts place in UK and dismantler in Auckland?

ckai
4th September 2011, 15:18
Does anyone know what the place is in the UK that is meant to be really good for Trumpy parts? And also who the guy is in Auckland the dismantles Triumphs as well? You'd think I'd know that latter since I sold some parts to him years ago but shit I must have drunk more than I thought when I was a younger lad 'cause there's no well in hell it's popping to the surface.

I'm just looking at options to replace a broken mirror on my 2010 Daytona. No it wasn't me :)

short-circuit
4th September 2011, 15:39
Does anyone know what the place is in the UK that is meant to be really good for Trumpy parts? And also who the guy is in Auckland the dismantles Triumphs as well? You'd think I'd know that latter since I sold some parts to him years ago but shit I must have drunk more than I thought when I was a younger lad 'cause there's no well in hell it's popping to the surface.

I'm just looking at options to replace a broken mirror on my 2010 Daytona. No it wasn't me :)

The dude in Pakuranga is Tim http://www.vgcspares.co.nz/

short-circuit
4th September 2011, 15:41
In the UK I've bought from Carl Rosner Triumph and Jack Lilley...the exchange rate has been really kind and they were both good to deal with.

But again, Tim at VGC has an account with Jack Lilley so depending on what you arrange with him, he may be able to help you out with new parts too

ukusa
4th September 2011, 19:27
I've found it cheaper to get parts from the US of A than the UK. For only a mirror though, best to add a few other goodies in as well to make postage more worthwhile

Blinkwing
4th September 2011, 21:50
I've found it cheaper to get parts from the US of A than the UK. For only a mirror though, best to add a few other goodies in as well to make postage more worthwhile

I'd probably be looking into aftermarket mirrors, tbh.

Mental Trousers
4th September 2011, 23:08
I'm currently dealing with Triumph-Ant (http://www.triumph-ant.co.uk/) for a clutch. For my bike slipper clutches are rarer than rocking horse shit but these guys have at least one for a surprisingly low price. Will have to wait and see how it all goes.

ckai
5th September 2011, 08:26
aha Tim, that's the guy.

Thanks guys. I'll do some research and have a look around. It still has the other mirror so it might just come down to waiting a bit until the culprit can save some money up :)

mmm I like your way I think ;) I might have to make a shopping list...

I'd probably be looking into aftermarket mirrors, tbh.

I'm thinking this as well. Just gotta find some decent ones and compare the costs.

MrKiwi
5th September 2011, 09:24
Thanks for the link to the Auckland guy - very helpful.