PDA

View Full Version : Latest crash analysis

Berries
8th September 2011, 18:34
Well, sort of. Figured some people on here might be interested in these reports from NZTA. Interesting to see the focus on motorbikes this time around. If someone else has posted this sorry, the search function is pants.

NZTA Briefing Reports (http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/briefing-notes-cas/reports.html)

The Lone Rider
8th September 2011, 18:49
About two weeks ago I had a talk with someone whos profession is statistics.

She was dismayed at how statistics are recorded, particularly when it comes to motorcycle stats.

She presented me with one case, where she analyzed a report on motorcyclists causing X amount of crashes. Included in that statistic were "motorcyclists" who fall into categories such as unlicensed, or riding a stolen motorcycle. :facepalm:

I may have misquoted her slightly, but I'm reasonably sure that is what she said.

bogan
8th September 2011, 19:19
Had a skim through for motorcyclists mentions. Seems we are the lowest of the big 6 focus points, contributing for just over 10% of injury accidents. Speed is at around 15%, same for alcohol/drugs, intersections 33%, rural road 40% and young drivers 37%.

Seems to me there is fuck all campaigns addressing the three biggest causes, hopefully that will be rectified.

Berries
8th September 2011, 20:36
She presented me with one case, where she analyzed a report on motorcyclists causing X amount of crashes. Included in that statistic were "motorcyclists" who fall into categories such as unlicensed, or riding a stolen motorcycle. :facepalm:
Aren't they though, by definition, motorcyclists? I know the stats I linked to will include unlicensed riders and stolen bikes as well as unregistered farm bikes and MX bikes being used on the road. And Hondas.

James Deuce
8th September 2011, 21:03
Aren't they though, by definition, motorcyclists?

No. It shouldn't need an explanation either.

Berries
8th September 2011, 23:37
Should they take out all the drunks as well then?

Ender EnZed
8th September 2011, 23:47
Or replace the term "motorcyclists" with "people who were riding a motorcycle when it crashed"? That takes up a lot more space.

James Deuce
8th September 2011, 23:56
Should they take out all the drunks as well then?
With a .308.

Parlane
9th September 2011, 15:25
And Hondas.

Why you gotta :(

Berries
9th September 2011, 21:32
Well, Harley would have been too predictable.