PDA

View Full Version : 1st Visit; Old biker renewing interests (TSuzuki)

TSuzuki
9th September 2011, 00:56
Returning to motorcycles after a long time away...
Restoring an old TS Suzuki and would like to converse with others of similar interests.
With a view to chasing required parts and getting advice on restoration techniques and methods and servicing/spare parts contacts.
Bike is a TS185L which makes it a 1974 I think.

Paul in NZ
9th September 2011, 07:27
Good for you - I have quite a soft spot for the TS Suzukis. As a broken arse house renovating new parent I did a HEAP of miles on my $75 TS250 'Savage' (early one with 19" front wheel) and it never put a foot wrong.

Bikemad
9th September 2011, 09:08
my first bike was the 250 savage............fond memories ...........if you go to the communities section of KB and you should find a group called BFTP.......Blast From The Past.........a collection of like minded people with an interest in bikes from the pre 90s era.........vast amounts of knowledge on the machines of that time particularly Susukis and 2 strokes and a great bunch of people...........apply to join,a short intro and your in........good bloke called Mark (caseye) looks after the membership i believe.

Blackbird
9th September 2011, 15:53
Greetings from another old biker! I had a TS100 trail bike which our kids learned to ride on. Absolutely indestructable and would go anywhere. Really tractable too. I think I still have a spare ignition coil in the shed somewhere.....

Murray
9th September 2011, 15:59
Greetings from another old biker! I had a TS100 trail bike which our kids learned to ride on. Absolutely indestructable and would go anywhere. Really tractable too. I think I still have a spare ignition coil in the shed somewhere.....

My first bike was the TC100 which had a gear ratio changeover on the side of the crankcase. Man it was cool went anywhere and everywhere, even where the 250's couldnt go. Then had the old XL350 single cylinder fourstroke that was one heavy trailbike!!!

Oh yeah welcome Tsuzuki and do join the BFTP group as there are some good sorts in the group and they will certainly be able to provide advice as needed.

cheers