PDA

View Full Version : The WR is back

Fryin Finn
11th July 2005, 11:30
After 3 months My WR engine is back in the frame and running real fine. New Barrel, piston, conrod, crankshaft, cams, camchain, electric start clutch and bearings all round. Haven't had the bill yet and too scared to ask.
Went for a trail ride yesterday and it went like a rocket didn't really have to run it in - I was told not to baby it and not let it idle too long.
Have recently ridden a borrowed WR 450, same year (2 months older) as mine but there is a noticible difference in power delivery. I thought his had a heavier flywheel, but no, it's stock. My power is crisper and the bike feels wheelie prone in comparison (not a bad thing) I am running a pro circuit pipe which gave the WR more bottom end than stock. His bike with stock pipe has more bottom end but less mid and similar top. It's all a bit confusing . Anyway his suspension was better set up than mine so I adjusted the rebound damping on my forks and big difference = more speed.
I guess this shows the value of riding someone elses bike. :clap:

spiller
11th July 2005, 11:49
Sweet to hear its all in order again!

Power delivery quirkiness is always present on fresh engines, not as much on the four strokes though, it'll get better the more its ridden.

Wellyman
13th July 2005, 09:17
Ouch mate that sounds expensive. hopefully that will be your last huge overhaul of your bike. dirtbikes are expensive I'm currently just paying off a few of my bike bills.

F5 Dave
14th July 2005, 17:52
Good to hear Finn. You going to that Taupo ride of Epic's?