PDA

View Full Version : Wiping nose/eyes/lips

Eurygnomes
11th July 2005, 12:50
Yep...you guessed it.

How on earth do you wiggle your fingers into your face when your fingers are numb, gloved up and should be wrapped around the handlebars...to wipe the tears that are streaming from your eyes?

And how do you keep your lips moist (I've found that lip gloss works...but there's also a patch of lipgloss left behind on the inside of my helmet which comes off on my hair each time I remove it...)?

Gah. This riding is not for a glamcat...

John
11th July 2005, 12:54
twist the throttle :).

Do you not have a full face helmet? Because all those symtoms suggest that you have an open face? Or is this just when you are riding at low speed with the visor up?..

Vassiline (sp) would be good for the lips, tears - get some sunnies.

I dunno I am a showoff I ride with no hands or one hand all the time in a despirate attempt to pull chicks, it works until they see my face "OH MY FUCKEN GOOD YOU FREAK" .... I am done..

T.I.E
11th July 2005, 12:58
just a question why would i have tears streaming from my eyes?

T.I.E
twist the throttle :).

Do you not have a full face helmet? Because all those symtoms suggest that you have an open face? Or is this just when you are riding at low speed with the visor up?..

Vassiline (sp) would be good for the lips, tears - get some sunnies.

I dunno I am a showoff I ride with no hands or one hand all the time in a despirate attempt to pull chicks, it works until they see my face "OH MY FUCKEN GOOD YOU FREAK" .... I am done..

arrrgggghhhhhh it's you noooooooooo run run run

Ixion
Yep...you guessed it.

How on earth do you wiggle your fingers into your face when your fingers are numb, gloved up and should be wrapped around the handlebars...to wipe the tears that are streaming from your eyes?

And how do you keep your lips moist (I've found that lip gloss works...but there's also a patch of lipgloss left behind on the inside of my helmet which comes off on my hair each time I remove it...)?

I usually ride visor up round town. I got a pair of "sunglasses" with almost clear lenses (you could use clear glass "fake" ones I guess, just didn't know where to get them). These stop the wind irritating my eyes. You can get quite glamorous ones. I got mine from Farmers, about $30.

Never had any problems with lips, but I'd suggest one of the neck warmers being sold on the site (see Online Trading). they are very good.

crashe
11th July 2005, 13:15
Yep...you guessed it.

First off give up being a glamcat.... :rofl: :rofl:
You are riding a bike.. :rofl: :rofl: not driving the Rolls Royce.. :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously thou, try these ideas:

Tears - Wear sunnies during the daytime..
At night wear clear safety glasses.

Lips - wear either a neck warmer or scarf/bandana up around your mouth.

Hair - You must have long hair - Tie it back/up.

I ride most of the time with my visor up... and I wear sunnies the whole time.
I also always wear a bandana/scarf around my face up to the nose... sometimes over the nose.. that really protects the lips.

Is your helmet too loose that you get lipgloss on the inside of your helmet?

Eurygnomes
11th July 2005, 15:23
Nope, I must just have big sticky outy lips...:no: It's only when I wriggle my mouth a little because I'm getting hamster cheeks from the helmet (which is nice and snug and comfy) that my lips graze the inside of my helmet.

I can't give up being a glamcat. I tried GA, but after I brought lip gloss for all the other attendees they threw me out. Sheesh...it was just a little sparkle is all! :(

I actually wear glasses - but I think the frames are smaller than my sunnies so wind gets past them. I only had trouble this morning and that's the only difference I can find. It's too dim for sunnies in the late wellington afternoon...unless I get clear ones as suggested and bring my contacts in. Sheesh...this is hard!

I don't go fast enough to put my visor all the way down - unless pillioning. I should, I know, I just don't like having my visibility occlouded in anyway (intentional pun).

Ixion
11th July 2005, 15:31
Nope, I must just have big sticky outy lips...:no: It's only when I wriggle my mouth a little because I'm getting hamster cheeks from the helmet (which is nice and snug and comfy) that my lips graze the inside of my helmet.

I can't give up being a glamcat. I tried GA, but after I brought lip gloss for all the other attendees they threw me out. Sheesh...it was just a little sparkle is all! :(

I actually wear glasses - but I think the frames are smaller than my sunnies so wind gets past them. I only had trouble this morning and that's the only difference I can find. It's too dim for sunnies in the late wellington afternoon...unless I get clear ones as suggested and bring my contacts in. Sheesh...this is hard!

I don't go fast enough to put my visor all the way down - unless pillioning. I should, I know, I just don't like having my visibility occlouded in anyway (intentional pun).

Some visors (I know, not all) will allow you to crack them open just a wee bit, which is enough to stop fogging, but still prevents whistling winds. Also I find an imporvment if I deliberately leave a small gap betwixt the bottom of thehelmet and my neck covering (collar, neck warmer etc). So there is some ventilation through the helmet. But mine is old and cheap and does not have the elaborate and clever venting systems built in

Keystone19
11th July 2005, 15:32

Does that mean that you are fogging up when you have the visor down?

You could try using antifog on the inside of the visor and rain-ex on the exterior. In the shitty weather we are having at the moment I have to put more anti-fog on every time I go out the door. But it works a treat so long as you apply it evenly. This should allow you to leave the visor down all the time. When it's raining I don't bother lifting the visor until I'm inside otherwise the water will run down the inside and you'll lose the antifog protection.

justsomeguy
11th July 2005, 15:41
Just ride faster..... soon you will have to concentrate on the road and you will forget about all the little distractions... :laugh:

placidfemme
11th July 2005, 16:26
lol

Lip gloss is just as good as vasaline... I had the same problem... really dry lips after a ride and buring dry lips during a ride... try not to lick your lips (even if the lip gloss [chap-stick or lip ice whatever you call it] tastes good lol)

You could use a bandana, scarf or face thingy (um... neck warmer) that also helps...

As for the running eyes... glasses/sun glasses or use your visor...

lol John stop scaring the chicks away alright... gotta be something worth coming to Whangarei for when we go to visit Sam's family *makes stubborn face*

John
11th July 2005, 16:29
lol John stop scaring the chicks away alright... gotta be something worth coming to Whangarei for when we go to visit Sam's family *makes stubborn face*

Are you a natural comedian? Or has it taken practise:rofl:

Will
11th July 2005, 16:42
Watery eyes - could be an allergy. Every once and a while I get a case of streaming eyes. Just put it down to something in the air that I have passed through and am allergic to it.

Ixion
11th July 2005, 16:44
Watery eyes - could be an allergy. Every once and a while I get a case of streaming eyes. Just put it down to something in the air that I have passed through and am allergic to it.

Traffic cops. I'm allergic to them.

placidfemme
11th July 2005, 17:04
Are you a natural comedian? Or has it taken practise:rofl:

*keeps practising*

lol sometime or other we might be heading up that way to visit Sam's folks... you may know them (dear god) lol they're kinda weird (now hestitant to tell you who they are incase you do know them and tell them I said that)

*runs and hides*

*is allergic to cops as well*

John
11th July 2005, 17:10
*keeps practising*

lol sometime or other we might be heading up that way to visit Sam's folks... you may know them (dear god) lol they're kinda weird (now hestitant to tell you who they are incase you do know them and tell them I said that)

*runs and hides*

*is allergic to cops as well*
Dont worry I'm really normal to, must be the water - although I only moved here this year was in rangi'er places before hand, I just moved from chowick

As for the topic in question, You dont need makup if you ride a bike so stop poshing yourself up, whats with these new age riders jeeezzz :lol: I mean I only powder my nose use that eyeliner and abit of lipstick why cant you do the same :lol:

SixPackBack
11th July 2005, 17:37
Yep...you guessed it.

How do you keep your lips moist.........don't get me started or the fricken sheeps comin out

John
11th July 2005, 17:39
How do you keep your lips moist.........don't get me started or the fricken sheeps comin out
Hey invite the sheep over, we could *throw* around some ideas and *come* to a solution *all over*

what a hoot

Ixion
11th July 2005, 17:40

Betwixt thy sheep, Mr Motu's cat (assuming the latter to be an actual animal and not an incarnation of primal evil) , and the various dogs and monkies that have acquired membership, this place is turning into a ruddy menagerie :rofl: :rofl:

SixPackBack
11th July 2005, 17:42

Big sticky out lips.....hamsters....right thats it ......barby get your ass in hear

SixPackBack
11th July 2005, 17:44
bbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh........help me help me.....bugger you eurygnomes you got the prick started

John
11th July 2005, 17:47
bbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh........help me help me.....bugger you eurygnomes you got the prick started
dunno about eury's prick but barbara you certainly start mine... so fluffy!!!!!!

SixPackBack
11th July 2005, 17:51
Betwixt thy sheep, Mr Motu's cat (assuming the latter to be an actual animal and not an incarnation of primal evil) , and the various dogs and monkies that have acquired membership, this place is turning into a ruddy menagerie :rofl: :rofl:

I got a lama to [ lana] but the bitch spits and i think she's gay

NC
11th July 2005, 18:00
I use 'christmas cookie' flavour lip balm (yummies)
And I don't rub my face "makeup sweety" Hehe

Warm your hand up on the engine before you touch your face, ARGH cold hands :cold:

Sutage
11th July 2005, 18:01
top gun aviators :niceone:

FROSTY
11th July 2005, 18:11
some gloves have seuede on the middle two fingers to wipe mist off the visor.

scumdog
12th July 2005, 00:27
Sit on a shovel-head Harley with the revs held at about 3,500 for two minutes and dry lips will not be dry anymore..... :rofl: :whistle:

LB
12th July 2005, 05:03
I don't often ride with my visor up, as all sorts of bugs etc hit my face - I only put it up usually when I'm coming up to a set of red lights, then it's down again when I take off. the "keeping it open half a notch" thingy on the helmet is good in cold weather for keeping the air flowing to stop it fogging round the edges. I've got a Fog City which is great, though on Sunday morning a couple of times the FC fogged up - has only ever done that once before - shows how cold it must have been!

The Body Shop do a good lip balm, it's in a light pink tube, it's called Vitamin E and it's got an SPF15 - I keep a tube in my pocket all the time. About $10.00.

Hair? Yeah, I'm not into bike riding for glamour!

Eurygnomes
12th July 2005, 16:15
Ta ewe's guys! :)

Actually put the visor all the way down yesterday on the way home - and it was fine. So I did it this morning as well - and again - fine. Just means I have to not dawdle at roundabouts/traffic lights.

And some of us actually like to look human John, darling...we'll let the rest of you look....well...like that! ;)

Seriously though - will look at getting a FogCity. Yay for all the advice. Thanks y'all.

surfchick
12th July 2005, 23:20
First off give up being a glamcat.... :rofl: :rofl:
You are riding a bike.. :rofl: :rofl: not driving the Rolls Royce.. :rofl: :rofl:

1. never give up being a glamcat-if you are going to go down go down in a blaze of style. :devil2:
2. your bike is your rolls royce. polish it with fine cloth. ride it with style and finesse. park it with precision.

1.a go down in a spectacular blaze of style.
this means
NO SNOT. :whistle:

placidfemme
13th July 2005, 09:27
1. never give up being a glamcat-if you are going to go down go down in a blaze of style. :devil2:
2. your bike is your rolls royce. polish it with fine cloth. ride it with style and finesse. park it with precision.

1.a go down in a spectacular blaze of style.
this means
NO SNOT. :whistle:

Well said! Doll yourself up as much as you like (but not until the point that you look like Mimi from Drew Carey hehe) :)

zadok
13th July 2005, 10:21
It's all been said. :clap: As you have discovered the visor down helps and 'Rain X' helps on those visor fogging type days.

Lou Girardin
13th July 2005, 12:56
I saw the heading and got all excited like.
Now I'm vaguely disappointed.

placidfemme
13th July 2005, 13:34
I'm sure we could arrange something....

Yeah... any requests?

Pixie
13th July 2005, 13:43
lol

Lip gloss is just as good as vasaline... I had the same problem... really dry lips after a ride and buring dry lips during a ride... try not to lick your lips (even if the lip gloss [chap-stick or lip ice whatever you call it] tastes good lol)

There was a technique I was told about that cowboys used,to prevent them licking their lips,but it involved their index finger and the rear end of their horse.It wasn't pleasant,but it sure stopped them licking their lips.

Str8 Jacket
13th July 2005, 13:58
Well said! Doll yourself up as much as you like (but not until the point that you look like Mimi from Drew Carey hehe) :)

:rofl: Don't you find that make up would rub of on your helmet? Im actually quite stoked to have my bike now, cause its an excuse NOT to wear make up! :ride:

placidfemme
13th July 2005, 14:34
:rofl: Don't you find that make up would rub of on your helmet? Im actually quite stoked to have my bike now, cause its an excuse NOT to wear make up! :ride:

I don't know really... I don't wear make up...

But I have been told that eye make up and most face lotions are bad for riding... last thing you want (other than smudged makeup on your face and inside of helmet) is when it's hot and you sweat, the makeup/lotion can run into your eyes and burn like hell and possibly cause an accident and give you bloodshot eyes so it looks like you've smoked a whole nifty bag on your own...

*not that I know what eyes look like after a whole nifty bag :whistle: *

Str8 Jacket
13th July 2005, 14:51
*not that I know what eyes look like after a whole nifty bag :whistle: *

:doobey: hehe, sure sure, that's what they all say. :msn-wink:

On a side note, my mate once got caught cheating by his girlfriend cause he was stoopid enuf to lend "the other girl" her helmet, when his girlfriend went to use her helmet one day she noticed that there was make up all through the inside of her helmet, she never wore makeup as she had a skin disorder or summit :weird: Needless to say she dumped him!

placidfemme
13th July 2005, 14:55
:doobey: hehe, sure sure, that's what they all say. :msn-wink:

On a side note, my mate once got caught cheating by his girlfriend cause he was stoopid enuf to lend "the other girl" her helmet, when his girlfriend went to use her helmet one day she noticed that there was make up all through the inside of her helmet, she never wore makeup as she had a skin disorder or summit :weird: Needless to say she dumped him!

yeah I'd be pissed if someone else used my helmet... and if my partner was cheating lol Good to hear she dumped him...

Did she keep the bike?

Str8 Jacket
13th July 2005, 15:00
yeah I'd be pissed if someone else used my helmet... and if my partner was cheating lol Good to hear she dumped him...

Did she keep the bike?

Yep, that's what I thought, even though he's one of my good mates you just can't treat people like that. He definately got what was coming! lol

Was her bike she was riding, he was on his restricted and she was on her full and as far as I can remember her's was a 600 and his was a 250 :rofl: We still give him shit about it and that happened 3 years ago! :devil2:

placidfemme
13th July 2005, 15:16
lol her on a 600 and him on 250... :)

Yeah stuff like that comes with a lifetime garantee of piss taking lol gotta love friends eh

Beemer
13th July 2005, 15:18
I use the Nivea lip glosses - they seem to stay on for quite a while and aren't too sticky. I don't have much of a problem with my eyes streaming as I always ride with my visor down - I only flip it up when coming to the lights. I rarely find it mists up once I'm at speed - and there's usually enough air coming in underneath the helmet to keep it clear. I remember once down south it fogged on the inside and iced up on the outside - yes, it was that cold!

As for my nose - I HATE sniffing, so if my nose starts to run, I usually have to find somewhere to pull over and blow it! Nothing worse than a sneeze with a runny nose inside a full face helmet!

You must have lips like Andrew Templeton's nose if they touch the front of your helmet! :rofl:

Lou Girardin
13th July 2005, 16:38
Yeah... any requests?

Your offer sounds better than Johns. Let me ponder a while................................

AMPS
14th July 2005, 15:46
HEY HEY! I can satisfy you better than anyone - I have mechanical knowledge ohhh kinky :)

No offence, but the "John" and the pointy up thing tends to put me off a tad.
Don't be hurt, I'm sure you'll find that special someone one day. :bye: :rofl:

Lou

Pixie
14th July 2005, 23:20
! Nothing worse than a sneeze with a runny nose inside a full face helmet!

You must have lips like Andrew Templeton's nose if they touch the front of your helmet! :rofl:
Yes there is.When your cheeks inflate as you sneeze and your lips seal against the chin guard,causing you to blow your eyeballs out of their sockets. :no: