PDA

View Full Version : Spiller's Spill

spiller
11th July 2005, 13:34
Its in another thread, but im told it deserves it own!:

lol yep, had a last minute decision by some friends to get it out last weekend @ woodhill, and had a bit of a spill in the superbowl!

According to onlookers it was quite spectacular,

Riding anti clockwise in the bowl the front dug in aproaching the incline (top of 3rd) and the wheel turned out, leaving me no where to go but forward, now the bit between that and lying on the ground with the bike on me I can't remember! Im told I was flung about 4 meters and the bike somersaulted once in the air, eventualy landing on me.

Bruised, winded and very sore family jewels, I managed to ride away after 30mins of cursing and lying in the sand. First thought in my head at the time was westpac heli, im very glad (lucky??) I didn't need it!

The bike, surprisingly is OK, bar a broken rear fender, but hey, that was already up for replacement!

Apart from the mishap, had an awesome ride. Prolly be a little sketchy next time I visit the super-bowl though!

Wellyman
12th July 2005, 08:42
Bugger Spiller. sounds like fun. I think my work has a CR rear fender. Atomic Bike Wreckers

spiller
14th July 2005, 14:01
Thanks for the offer, but I have ordered a new 1.

Still a little sore, I think Ill be buyin some knee protectors! Hopefully Ill be feelin good for a sunday ride this week 2.

Motoracer
14th July 2005, 14:07
What about the pics dude??

spiller
14th July 2005, 14:16
Hmmm... I got pics but the're still on the camera. nothing too exciting tho, the camera was in my Hydrapac when it all happened. Ill have to video the others when we get out there next.... just in case they fall off!.