PDA

View Full Version : French bikers block all major towns and cities

cave weta
12th September 2011, 13:57
This is just awesome ! watch the videos and read the article!

http://ukfrancebikers.com/2011/09/11/france-a-tsunami-of-angry-bikers-cause-chaos-again/

For the third time this year, France has been the scene of enormous demonstrations this weekend, where thousands upon thousands of angry bikers took over every town and city nationwide, a real slap in the face of the French interior minister, Claude Guéant. Facing a deaf government despite previous demonstrations on 18 June 2011 gathering almost 100,000 protestors all over the country, French bikers continue to express their radical opposition to a series of government proposals, designed by Claude Guéant, to treat motorcyclists like cash cows rather than recognise that motorcycles are the golden solution to environmental and congestion issues and also offer a cheaper, faster and more reliable mode of transport, especially for those in a weaker financial situation.

Maha
12th September 2011, 14:04
For the third time this year?...And....still no result?...:facepalm:
The French Government must be as staunch as the NZ Government...Oi?

Scuba_Steve
12th September 2011, 14:08
For the third time this year?...And....still no result?...:facepalm:

Welcome to "democracy":shutup:

Sad thing is this will eventually come NZ ways because some retard in Govt will decide it's a good thing, but we won't even fight anywhere near the French level because "we don't wanna piss anyone off" :facepalm:

Hanne
12th September 2011, 14:09
The French Government must as staunch as the NZ Government...

Either that or there's just not enough nudity involved in the protests for french politician to look up from their desks?

cave weta
12th September 2011, 14:16
"In an effort to curb the rising number of motorcycle fatalities, all Motorcycles will be fitted with larger numberplates"..........:blink::facepalm:

bogan
12th September 2011, 14:27
It's not just France either, many other european countries are considering some pretty annoying 'safety' measures.
There's EU-funded development of electronics to control and govern speeds through warning systems or, ultimately, actual throttle control.

MAG-UK has an action planned for the 25th sept (http://www.mag-uk.org/en/campaignsdetail/a6883) best of luck to them! If they get saddled with this shit, it won't be long till we do too :(

Road kill
12th September 2011, 17:01
It's not just France either, many other european countries are considering some pretty annoying 'safety' measures.

MAG-UK has an action planned for the 25th sept (http://www.mag-uk.org/en/campaignsdetail/a6883) best of luck to them! If they get saddled with this shit, it won't be long till we do too :(

I've often wondered how far away this sort of thing is,,but at the same time I can't see it coming to NZ any time soon,,it would cut a serious hole in the Gov'ts saftey tax take.
Your more likely see on board GPS monitoring,,followed by the appropriate Saftey tax sent in the mail,,or by Email,,,which will now be tattooed on your forehead for easier indentification by facial recognition cameras.

PrincessBandit
12th September 2011, 17:04
Either that or there's just not enough nudity involved in the protests for french politician to look up from their desks?

Are you proposing a "lady Godiva" rolling block ride through the state highways to Parliament?

Scuba_Steve
12th September 2011, 17:08
So how long before bikes are illegal???

sinned
12th September 2011, 17:46
I found it interesting that there were no scooters in those videos. Yet in French cities there are far more scooters than motorcycles. Big scooters too.

Brian d marge
12th September 2011, 20:48
:scooter: no no bad man ,,,,, naughty non conformist

just as an aside

an adding to my previous posts

Stephen

quattro
20th September 2011, 21:39
Yup. It's all a load of cock.

One of the last things I'll be doing before I leave my fair homeland is protesting on teh 25th. There are events organised for all over Ireland and the UK as well as most of Europe.

Because of the increase of fatalties? I'm sure the idea of the larger number plate is so that Mr. Smidsy sees you.

Jay GTI
22nd September 2011, 18:54
I've often wondered how far away this sort of thing is,,but at the same time I can't see it coming to NZ any time soon,,it would cut a serious hole in the Gov'ts saftey tax take.
Your more likely see on board GPS monitoring,,followed by the appropriate Saftey tax sent in the mail,,or by Email,,,which will now be tattooed on your forehead for easier indentification by facial recognition cameras.

The technology is already available, but it is expensive and requires investment from the Government to build the infrastructure to make it work. Considering they can barely pay for decent roading infrastructure outside of Auckland, nationwide investment of this scale just ain't going to happen. Plus, as you say, they prefer to implement 'safer roading policies' that earn money, not cost it.