PDA

View Full Version : Frosty and babybikies big adventure

FROSTY
11th July 2005, 17:34
Day 1
So far so good .Started the day late due to Baby Bikie doing a bit of sprouting--so new jacket and pants in order.Thank gosh its ski season
Shot down SH1 to pukie then down good ol 22 -even with dodgy weather the first 3/4 was pretty darn good. :devil2: The last bit was pretty crap.
We meandered around the back roads for awhile avoiding main roads till we got to the rotovegas turn off. From there it got pretty darned cold pretty fast so we stuck to the main road. Stopped off at the mountain which is a quad/trail bike/ horse place and we rented a quad each (baby bikie a50cc and me a 150) and went hooning off into the clouds --lots of mud and deep puddles. Baby bikie toook the greatest delight in getting to the puddles a fraction of a second before me and roostering me with brown VERY cold water. I got him back bigtime by waiting for a reallly deep nasty hole and hooning straight through it -he was rather brown for awhile By the time we got back I was cold n wet so we decided to stay the night in rotovegas. Ya gotta love in room hot pools.
Day 2
started out ready to go at 8.00 am -looked outside at the solid walls of icey cold rain and dove back in the spa pool.
Im downtown rotovegas we ran into Mlchrisis and had some brekkie.
Finally headed off at 10am -Still raining and blustery but what the hey.
Headed off to Taupo and the roads were a "tadd" slippery -I think perhaps from the forestry trucks. Other than the cold and the rain it was an easy run to Taupo and baby Bikie was impressed by the Huka falls and the helecopter taking off
We stopped for a refuel-Hmm baby bikie seems to need fuelling up more often than the bike good feed of bacon and eggs for me and omlette for baby bikie . Back on the road and out of town
Decisions Decisions--Desert road or off to the coast--hmm-clouds over desert road--The coast it is.
So we head down the Taupo Napier road. -What a great bit of biking road
a fair old mix of corner types and mostly dry road--and barely a car to be seen We were having a ball at legal and semi legal speeds.
We stopped at Napier and did some Kid Cool stuff. played in the big waterfront park there and went into the huuuge model railway
There is heaps of stuff in Napier to do --if youre a kid-or a second time around kid
Day 3
Waht a fantastic day -bright blue skies -not a cloud in the sky--waaay cool.
We head down the coast on fairly open roads. Stopped an hour into the ride by a freindly copper. apparrently I'd passed a mate of his doing hrumph hrumph km/h.Baby bikie cut loose with all his charms -asking the copper all about putting people in jail ,flashing lights and sirens and handcuffs.
I think the copper forgot why he pulled me over --he just said have a good day -and ride safely :ride:
We carried on to masterton via a couple of the back roads. really enjoying the scenery.
Of course I was forced to go over the newly renamed by baby bikie--YUKIE Tukas -yukkie cos of the wind gusts trying to make us into paintings on the side of the mountain. Fantastic views as per normal
Went on in to visit Dave/stoney in hospital so all is good so far.
Stayed the night with riffer and family -baby bikie and lil riffer are best of mates so all is good
Day 4-well baby bikie diddnt wanna ride and I needed to sort out a new bike pack so we caught a train and explored wellywood instead--great fun -its fantastic what you get to se when you aint watching the road.
We caught the vintage rail up to the gardens ibn central wellytown.
Day 5 -a relatively short ride-up over the haywoods then up to the top of piecock hill. From there we took the back roads--as such to palmy north
weather was pretty windy any generally yuk
explored palmy north and saw madagasgar at the movies
Day6
Well yassee there was this trackday at manfeild raceway and well yaseee I well--A guys gotta do what a guys gota do.
15 minutes to manfeild and I stripped and taped up the ol XJ as best as I could -I did the first novice session on the xj thinking Holey shit Im sliding everywhere. Thanks to divine intervention in the form of Ninjaboy I spent the rest of the day on a certain red/blue cbr600 --What a blast.
I love manfeild track -heaps better than pukie or Taupo with twice as many corners.-and we were only using the old track.
I got to the stage i was getting 2 wheel drifts coming out of Higgins so I thought best to return ninjaboys bike before I fuck his tyres.
I took the ol XJ out for a couple of very slow sessions and found myself leading the sessions --shows XJ's still have some sporting prowess.
Baby bikie meanwhile made himself a heap of freinds in the pits -Including chatting up slipstream -He also managed to coat himself in mud
Back to the motel for a well earned shower
day7
The plan was to do a mad dash back to auckland.We headed off up SH52 through feilding then up sh1 to desert road. Well I gotta tell ya It was cold --I mean as in sub zero -the wind had come up and I lost feeling in my fingers and toes. It was beautiful -snowflakes falling on the back of my gloves.
We stopped in arakino and had a fantastic lunch --if you're passing through they do an ommlette thats really fantastic.
Bugger that I thought. so we stopped for the night in Taupo. another hot spa and an early night .
day 8
Feeling a bit sad really -heading homeward we meandered our way up stopping 4 times on the way then of course heading up 22 to pukie
8 days on the road 2500km covered and a bloody good time was had by all
Guys dont let winter put ya off travelling.Me and Baby bikie really had a blast
We lived a week by the rule I guess maybee I should live my life by
Life aint about the destination its about enjoying the journey

NC
11th July 2005, 17:49
Good to see you got one back on baby bikey :rofl:

T.I.E
11th July 2005, 18:13
oh yeah not thats sounds like a excellent hot pool night.
a few times now i have stopped at rotovegas on the way somewhere, especially on those freezing cold nights, and have soaked up the hot pools and dried my gear out and the cosy cottage. which i located down a street i can't remember. but they ahev always been welcoming to me. even a late night call.

GSVR
11th July 2005, 18:39
You coming down for the Kiwirider Trackday on Saturday Frosty ?

FROSTY
11th July 2005, 18:43
theres a thought gary--dunno the ol xj is hardly a track day bike mind you :devil2:

GSVR
11th July 2005, 18:55
Well you could drop in on the way back from Wellington. Dunno what your schedule is but there is atleast one person coming up from Wellington (Marknz).

I'll be doing a 12 hour day at work the day before so getting organized now. New tyres fitted tomorrow (Michelin Pilot Powers)

Have a good ride anyway

ajturbo
11th July 2005, 20:29
great to hear that Baby bikie
got you real good!!!:rofl: :Punk:
but a bit mean of you getting him back!.. hell if had known you were in rotovegas, i would have called you up.. i have just got back from there!!!!(well taupo..)

danni says HI!

riffer
11th July 2005, 22:14
Well so far so good...

Hey what's up with your cellphone mate? It keeps telling me you aren't allowed to receive calls.

Have fun on the way down.

FROSTY
14th July 2005, 05:17
all safe so far in wellywood.

zadok
14th July 2005, 09:07
Sounds like you guys are having a ball! :ride: :ride:

FROSTY
15th July 2005, 18:02
weve made it to palmy -woho

ManDownUnder
15th July 2005, 18:32
Mate - you're a legend.

Have a ball. Baby bikie's a lucky little man

riffer
15th July 2005, 22:06
weve made it to palmy -woho

Phew. That's a relief.

Are you still crash starting the XJ?

FROSTY
16th July 2005, 19:12
Um I prefer to avoid that lil bit Riffer-the starter motor is toast --but thats ok--baby bikie pushes real good. lol

spudchucka
17th July 2005, 16:31
Was nice meeting you at Manfield on Saturday. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

FROSTY
17th July 2005, 22:45
Was great meeting you too mate. Pity you were on duty -itd bee cool ya beein out on the track with us

Warr
17th July 2005, 22:52
So how did the XJ go on the track. I know its not the first time.
Just wondering about putting mine on thats all.

FROSTY
18th July 2005, 19:59
So how did the XJ go on the track. I know its not the first time.
Just wondering about putting mine on thats all.
Not too bad but I was well aware of its little handling "issues"
I think you would have a ball on ya old gal but I would definitely take a spare litre of oil--cos ya gonna need it-those old air cooled bikes burn a lot of oil when they get thrashed

mikey
19th July 2005, 12:56

Was great meeting you too mate. Pity you were on duty -itd bee cool ya beein out on the track with us

skiiiiiving off work there maaaaaaaaaate.... didnt happen to pull someon on a red bike over early mornign heading out of manfield with a puncture?

FROSTY
31st July 2005, 20:41
well only one picture but its a goodie