PDA

View Full Version : Flooding in West Auckland 11/6/05

crashe
12th July 2005, 00:04
I just received this email... so if you live out in West Auckland, please take care out there on the roads.... It is fair pissing down out there...

NZ Police CommCens Alert 23:00 11-07-2005 North Shore Waitekere Rodney.

Location of incident: Henderson area

Incident Type: flooding

The west auckland area is experiencing flooding in a number of locations. Particularly bad is View Road,
Henderson Valley road,
Forrest Hill Road,
Railside avenue.

A slip has blocked half of Forrest Hill Road.
A tree is blocking Scenic Drive approximately 1 kilometre south of West Coast Road.

West Auckland Police are currently in discussions with local Council and civil defence officials. Further updates if they arrive will be posted in due course.

Issued by: Inspector Kerry Watson

N4CR
12th July 2005, 00:07
Hooley Crap.... not good to hear. Hope my old 'hood' of laingholm and titirangi is fine.

Poor scenic drive though D:!!!!!!! Was looking forward to doing it sometime soon.

bugjuice
12th July 2005, 00:12
sweet... need to change the bike for the rally car.. I'm off lookin for floods then!

those still on the bikes tho, just mind how ya go, and take the extra 5 mins - don't rush

justsomeguy
12th July 2005, 00:23
OH MY GOD!!! SCENIC DRIVE IS BLOCKED!!! Noooooooooooo:brick: :crybaby: :cry:

What am I going to do?? What am I going to do?? What am I going to do?? What am I going to do?? What am I going to do?? What am I going to do??

Hate being on a fucking learners - got to wait till 5 am to go see what happened.

PS: Thanks for the warning crashe

And bugjuice - whats with all the bloody cage talk here boy?? You stick to organising awesome rides and leave the talking crap to WINJA......

Big Dave
12th July 2005, 00:25
Fortunately I'm out East - but we copped some damage here this afternoon too.

justsomeguy
12th July 2005, 00:28

Scenic drive is blocked and you show me a picture of a stupid fallen chair, if it wasn't for the fact that i'd probably break my leg trying.... I'd come over and kick your butt:mad:

Big Dave
12th July 2005, 00:29
Scenic drive is blocked and you show me a picture of a stupid fallen chair, if it wasn't for the fact that i'd probably break my leg trying.... I'd come over and kick your butt:mad:

bring a step ladder. (and bandages)

justsomeguy
12th July 2005, 00:40
bring a step ladder. (and bandages)

Got a decent ladder...now where did I put those tranquiliser darts and my sniper rifle :scratch:

750Y
12th July 2005, 07:13

total devaststion by the looks. have you called out the assessor?

pyrocam
12th July 2005, 09:19
oldy but a goody

shame about scenic though

ManDownUnder
12th July 2005, 10:03
Yup - I got in late last night... (1:00am) and proceeded to not sleep coz the river next to our house was thinking about paying a visit :nono:

It didn't visit, and eventually I got some sleep but WOW... river was high.

'least the ol' water tank will be full!

Quasievil
12th July 2005, 10:05
Where are you Motu ? got anything to say about this warning :wait:

Lou Girardin
12th July 2005, 10:38
Our driveway got wet. :whistle:

Motu
12th July 2005, 10:45
Where are you Motu ? got anything to say about this warning :wait:

I'm here - a mate of mine lives in the flood prone part of Henderson Valley...he keeps all his best bike parts in a dingy in his basement,that way they float when it floods.It's about being prepard - for the expected....

crashe
12th July 2005, 12:08
NZ Police CommCens Alert 06:00 12-07-2005 Bay of Plenty

Location of incident: matata

Incident Type: flooding

sh2 is again closed just north of matata again due to surface flooding. Diversions in place. Motorists are requested to avoid travelling this route, further updates will be posted as they arrive. We do not know how long the road will be closed for.

Issued by: Inspector Kerry Watson

Big Dave
12th July 2005, 12:25
Careful Crashe - You'll have motu in your face next :rofl:

crashe
12th July 2005, 12:31

No worries mate....
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mr Skid
12th July 2005, 12:35
Careful Crashe - You'll have motu in your face next :rofl:Na, a XT would be able to handle a wee bit of surface flooding without too much trouble. :yes:

Motu
12th July 2005, 12:50

I left West Auckland weeks ago - if it becomes Lake Henderson I might return for a bit of fishing....