PDA

View Full Version : Fork seal leaking?

pontaic
18th September 2011, 19:19
hi i have rxv one front forks are leaking how hard would it to be on theses bikes?

Taz
18th September 2011, 19:44
Depends on your skill level and tool box.

FJRider
18th September 2011, 19:52
hi i have rxv one front forks are leaking how hard would it to be on theses bikes?

Read a workshop manual for YOUR model ... and judge for yourself ...

Pussy
18th September 2011, 20:44

Seriously... if you have any doubts, take it to a professional.
It can be easy to fuck-up.

Hitcher
18th September 2011, 21:43
Do it yourself. You'll learn heaps. Gladwrap fixes most things.

Spearfish
18th September 2011, 21:58
Do it yourself. You'll learn heaps. Gladwrap fixes most things.

+ a couple of self tapping screws to pull the seals out, hacksaw, hammer to grip the screw heads and bash the new seal in and vice grips for any nuts and bolts and to grip the stanchion with.:shit::facepalm:

Bounce001
19th September 2011, 12:18
Lift seal cover up and place rag around leaky bit. Put seal cover back over rag. Fixed :innocent:

Robert Taylor
19th September 2011, 20:27
If any of you guys work on aircraft please let me know which airlines you work for so I know not to fly with them!

Hitcher
19th September 2011, 20:29
If any of you guys work on aircraft please let me know which airlines you work for so I know not to fly with them!

Airlines use duct tape, not Gladwrap.

Spearfish
20th September 2011, 14:32

I remember inducing that same response before.:lol:

As they (?) say- I might be rough but I'm fucken expensive-:blink:

nzspokes
20th September 2011, 16:13
Lift seal cover up and place rag around leaky bit. Put seal cover back over rag. Fixed :innocent:

My bike has drain plugs at the bottom. Just drain the oil and none can leak out. Sorted.

Robert Taylor
20th September 2011, 18:23
I remember inducing that same response before.:lol:

As they (?) say- I might be rough but I'm fucken expensive-:blink:

The sad thing is there are people out there with a rough as guts mentality and they think its perfectly acceptable to have such a mentality when working with machinery that can maim or kill.

bogan
20th September 2011, 18:28
The sad thing is there are people out there with a rough as guts mentality and they think its perfectly acceptable to have such a mentality when working with machinery that can maim or kill.

Shows a bit of a double standard though eh, plenty of rough and inattentive bastards driving em, but not happy to let rough bastards work on em. It'll put hardly working folks out of a job I tells ya :innocent:

My bike has drain plugs at the bottom. Just drain the oil and none can leak out. Sorted.

Nah mate, just leave it as is, free ABS upgrade :D :facepalm:

cs363
20th September 2011, 18:29
Airlines use duct tape, not Gladwrap.

You're forgetting Jetstar.

http://www.dontflyjetstar.com/

Spearfish
20th September 2011, 20:44

So what's the worst thing you have seen either as a deliberate bodge or something serious you were lucky to find for an unsuspecting customer?

Is this going off topic or scaring people off doing maintenance at home?

Robert Taylor
20th September 2011, 22:03
So what's the worst thing you have seen either as a deliberate bodge or something serious you were lucky to find for an unsuspecting customer?

Is this going off topic or scaring people off doing maintenance at home?

Where do I start? There are plenty of people that are capable but also know their limits, there are also plenty that have the finesse of an elephant. Your posts whether they are deliberately meant to be provocative / humorous certainly do not embue any confidence of a job being well done.

actungbaby
21st September 2011, 10:47
if you have engering vice whould make job alot easier to do
just something to hold the forks in mind you i never done this job myself

Haggis2
21st September 2011, 11:40
Stopleak? :facepalm: