PDA

View Full Version : More trademe funnies

MSTRS
12th July 2005, 09:50
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports-tourer/auction-31145485.htm

bugjuice
12th July 2005, 09:55
yeah, hand yer money over, and say ta-ta...
'adult-owned'..?? as in...???
and a single pipe conversion too? 'kin pointless..

scumdog
12th July 2005, 10:01
And he's also got some megafugly Mitsi Spyder sports car thing that is DIESEL powered??

How does the 'Busas price look to you guys? Seems kinda cheap to this dude, - maybe I'm use to H-D prices!

EDIT: Yeah, I noticed the plates and the left-hand drive, (as other have pointed out) but thought they were fresh imports.

marty
12th July 2005, 10:08
note the california plate.....

ManDownUnder
12th July 2005, 10:25
I emailed the guy asking if I could take it for a ride "Looks awesome" says I...

Curious to see if I can take it for a spin!

oh... that was just after I reported the sale to TM staff as being DODGY.

LOW price
LOW mileage
Cali Plate
His other listing has Vermont plates on it... ! (it's on the opposite coast in the US)
No trades on Trademe

DODGY!!!!!!

Should get the cops onto this idiot...

John
12th July 2005, 11:08
lol I was looking at the pictures then got the infamous:

This listing was withdrawn by the administrator

Please press the 'back' button and choose another listing.

lmao - some people try so hard its sad :(

ManDownUnder
12th July 2005, 11:32
Yeah - sorry... probably my fault. I notified the admins and they withdrew it.

I just got an email in from the guy though... I asked if I could test ride it... he said...
===
The bike is in perfect condition,as new I can say,with no scraches on it,no damage.
The price for the bike with shipping and insurance to your address included!
The bike is backed by SquareTrade's Buyer Protection Policy - up to 4,800$ and in this way your fully protected by Square Trade.In case you are interested to know more details about this,let me know.You will not have to pay additional taxes.Once again,you will not have to pay anything regarding the shipping.The bike will be crated on the transport.
Delivery Estimated Time: 5 days

Terms: I offer a complete customer satisfaction guarantee or your money back. This policy means, that if the bike is not as described then you may return it for a 100% refund. If the item is returned, it must be returned in the exact condition as shipped and it will returned on my expences.If the bike is what you are looking for and if you agree with these conditions then i will be glad to close this deal with you.
Anyway, I have to let you know that I want a fast deal so if you are really interested in buying, please reply with the following information:
-Your full name;
-Your shipping address;
-Your eBay user id.
I will look for your email, so that we can move forward with this deal!

Regards!
===

Note the eBay ID request!

Not good...

I've busted one guy on here previously (he's due to hit court soon) in an amateur manner and I lopved it... I want bust some more... anyone want to have some fun helping me doing it?

MDU

John
12th July 2005, 11:35
I love busting people gives me such satasfaction ;).

Play him for the fool say you'd preferr wire'n the money to him :lol: You'd be surprised how often this works!

Badcat
12th July 2005, 11:36
yep - i notified trademe too.
i also got the same email.
we need to keep on top of these arsemonkeys, before one of our less experienced members gets bitten.

k

Badcat
12th July 2005, 11:37
I've busted one guy on here previously (he's due to hit court soon) in an amateur manner and I lopved it... I want bust some more... anyone want to have some fun helping me doing it?

MDU

always keen to help bust scammers - let me know how i can help.
k

ManDownUnder
12th July 2005, 11:42
always keen to help bust scammers - let me know how i can help.
k

You come across one - PM me... with thoughts on an action plan... I'll do the same... I guess it'll be case by case basis.

I like to tell them "I prefer to post a cheque - putting personal details on the internet is like posting copies of your credit card details to strangers that are listening"

I got my last guy in a similar manner... poor kid - he has to go to court now :rofl:

MDU

Badcat
12th July 2005, 11:50
You come across one - PM me... with thoughts on an action plan... I'll do the same... I guess it'll be case by case basis.

I like to tell them "I prefer to post a cheque - putting personal details on the internet is like posting copies of your credit card details to strangers that are listening"

I got my last guy in a similar manner... poor kid - he has to go to court now :rofl:

MDU

keen as mustard.
k
\

bugjuice
12th July 2005, 12:09
ditto on the above.. I also dobbed :D
You should ask for more pics on the bike too.. Like the dash switched on etc, and his phone number cos you want to call him. Then listen to the email silence..

ManDownUnder
12th July 2005, 12:39
ditto on the above.. I also dobbed :D
You should ask for more pics on the bike too.. Like the dash switched on etc, and his phone number cos you want to call him. Then listen to the email silence..

yeah - I was going to do that but I think the priority needs to be on getting contact details (real name or more likely... phone, address etc).

Asking them for stuff they can't provide proves you know it's a scam really - so they stop talking, frustrating the end goal (that I want anyway)... public recognition of the lying scumbags they are

I think the best thing is to get them talking, gain their confidence then turn the tables on 'em... open to correction on that though

MDU

mikey
12th July 2005, 12:50
lets have us a nigerian /scammers bashing session hey.

round em up, roooooooooooooound em up

HDTboy
12th July 2005, 12:54
I'm keen to help bust dodgy dudes too, got one for selling BMW manuals online, told BMW and they hired a QC.

PS, if you see any navigation software come up let me know, cause BMW want to crucify someone as an example

placidfemme
12th July 2005, 13:43
I'll be keen to help out too... just let me know how :)

*wouldn't mind buying a busa for $2500 though*

ManDownUnder
12th July 2005, 13:48
*wouldn't mind buying a busa for $2500 though*

Me either... but I'd prefer it was a REAL 'busa... not the "virtual" kind

placidfemme
12th July 2005, 13:51
Amazing how that guy said he would pay for shipping... V'Ros shipped a bike to Africa and it cost him something like $1200+ goes to show that this guy is actually only making a few hundy in profits at that supposed price... Good spotting that it was a scam...

*never looks at the big bikes on TradeMe... only makes me depressed that I don't have my full...*