PDA

View Full Version : iTunes to MP3?

awa355
21st September 2011, 16:47
I have some music in my I Tunes folder. Tired to transfer the songs to my MP3 toy. They are in the bloody thing, but wont play. Opening up the MP3 properties, shows the songs as a movie format.

How can I convert the I Tune songs to MP3 or WMA format?

Usarka
21st September 2011, 16:50
That's why I hate iTunes.

The trouble with converting a lossy format to another lossy format is that you lose quality each time you do it.

I purchased dbpoweramp a couple of years ago, the batch converter works well if you have large numbers of files. There may be free ones around.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc-power-register.htm

Teflon
21st September 2011, 17:30
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1550

i prefer winamp. they can stick itunes up their arse

Flip
21st September 2011, 17:57
I am never buying another Crapple product again....

After 3 ipods stopped working I changed the head unit in the car.

Geeen
21st September 2011, 18:30
Just do what I do, listen to vinyl...... (Records for you anklebiters)

DrunkenMistake
21st September 2011, 18:38
There is a way to do it,
but you need to rename every single file..

Try this though,

http://www.wondershare.com/media-transfer/transfer-itunes-to-mp3.html

awa355
22nd September 2011, 17:03
Drunkard, I downloaded the Wondershare programme. Easy to use except for losing most of each song in the format change. Song went from a 5 min/9mb unit to a 1min/1.3mb song. Guess if I keep playing with it, I'll sort the problem. Otherwise I'll look for another means of buying my music in a format that is compatible with MP3.

blackdog
22nd September 2011, 17:37
Erm sorry to hear about your issues. If it makes you feel any better every single song out of 20 or so gigs that I have was intentionally saved in MP3 format for that very reason.

Apple can stick itunes and an (apple) up their arse.

awa355
22nd September 2011, 19:00
I'm glad the wife bought the I Tunes coupon and not me. What other options are there for downloading songs.

I had never thought of any hassles with formats prior to this exercise.

Laava
22nd September 2011, 19:05
FWIW I have been burning vinyl to My Music on my PC using Audacity and also Lame to do the mp3 conversion.
Oh my god! I sound like a boffin!

KoroJ
22nd September 2011, 19:12
Google is your friend. There's heaps of Free Download converters available.

I had to do it to put tunes on the GPS, just can't remember which one I used but it was fine.

nathanwhite
22nd September 2011, 19:16
iTunes can convert them all by itself. :yes: none of this downloading rubbish.

First click on Edit then Preferences, click on Import settings under the General tab, change the "Import using:" box to mp3 encoder and click ok.

Then when you right click on songs there should be a "make mp3 version" about halfway down.

Ta-Da!

awa355
23rd September 2011, 12:56
iTunes can convert them all by itself. :yes: none of this downloading rubbish.

First click on Edit then Preferences, click on Import settings under the General tab, change the "Import using:" box to mp3 encoder and click ok.

Then when you right click on songs there should be a "make mp3 version" about halfway down.

Ta-Da!

Thanks so much, Followed your instructions and now have all my I Tunes converted to the MP3 format plus the original format versions. All the above advice has been much appreciated.