PDA

View Full Version : Sneezing while wearing a full face...

ManDownUnder
17th December 2003, 07:26
Ever done it??

YEESH... I was a tad busy at the time, bewteen cars on that white line as you do and the little bastard snuck up on me out of nowhere.

I'm sure a few in their cars got a good laugh out of it... and it is just as well I had the visor open.

Bugger of a way to start the day.

Just thought I might share
MDU :o

jrandom
17th December 2003, 08:23
Ever done it??

bwahahahahaha

Yup. The worst bit is when your nose thereafter starts to run, and you can't pull over, so you've got this mini-river of snot trickling down your upper lip and it's driving you NUTS.

Maybe that was too much information for some...

Coldkiwi
17th December 2003, 08:45
a little bit!

i just try not to blink while I do it.. thats the hard bit. problem is that trying to hold back nromally encourages more!!

ManDownUnder
17th December 2003, 09:04
I should have said - a trick (for what it's worth) to SUPPRESS the sneeze...

Press the tip your tongue against the roof of your mouth just behind you front teeth... and keep it there until the sneeze dies away.

A really bad sneeze will come on out anyway - but you can probably avoid 1/2 of them...!

Yes it works... no I don't know why
MDU
PS as for "rivers of snot"... TMI (Too Much Info!)... but then I guess I asked for it opening up the whole suject huh?

Hitcher
17th December 2003, 09:33
Ever done it??

YEESH... I was a tad busy at the time, bewteen cars on that white line as you do and the little bastard snuck up on me out of nowhere.

I'm sure a few in their cars got a good laugh out of it... and it is just as well I had the visor open.

Bugger of a way to start the day.

Just thought I might share
MDU :o
The most excitement I've ever had under my lid was when I put my helmet on complete with a bee which proceeded to walk around and buzz in my ear -- screech to halt, fumble with D rings, take gloves off, fumble with D rings, pull off helmet, bend spectacles which disappear into roadside ditch, drop helmet, chip helmet...
:buggerd:

k14
17th December 2003, 10:04
Yeah, it sucks more when you blow some chunks onto the inside of your visor :bigthumb:

Sharkey
17th December 2003, 10:59
And the air currents swirl the fine mist of boogery saliva all around the inside of your helmet, depositing it all over your exposed face.....

Coldkiwi
17th December 2003, 11:01
Yeah, it sucks more when you blow some chunks onto the inside of your visor :bigthumb:
spare a thought for nori haga then. He ended up hurling inside his helmet in 2002 when he got shunted by an over exuberant Xaus (surely not!) at one of the races in SBK.

ManDownUnder
17th December 2003, 12:13
... I am SO GLAD I started this thread..

You lot are all as sick as I am!!!!

MDU :brick:

Slingshot
17th December 2003, 13:30
I got hay fever on a ride in the weekend and sneezed a number of times in my helmet. Most of the time I was able to angle my lips down but one sneeze caught me by surprise and I ended up covering the inside of my visor with snot.

I've heard that if you keep your eyes open while you sneeze your eyes will pop out, I don't know how much truth is in that though.

ManDownUnder
17th December 2003, 13:48
I got hay fever on a ride in the weekend and sneezed a number of times in my helmet. Most of the time I was able to angle my lips down but one sneeze caught me by surprise and I ended up covering the inside of my visor with snot.

I've heard that if you keep your eyes open while you sneeze your eyes will pop out, I don't know how much truth is in that though.

Would your handle be more suited to you if it became Slingsnot?

Sorry - it was a cheap shot, but I simply had to
MDU

jrandom
17th December 2003, 14:43
Sorry - it was a cheap shot

or a cheap snot...

Slingshot
17th December 2003, 15:26
Snot a worry, I can take the insults :D

ManDownUnder
17th December 2003, 15:40
Yup - another thread rapidly degenerating into oblivion...

... hard to believe it could actually GO down hill from where it started.

Bit of a booger really :buggerd:
MDU

Jackrat
17th December 2003, 20:05
Yup - another thread rapidly degenerating into oblivion...

... hard to believe it could actually GO down hill from where it started.

Bit of a booger really :buggerd:

MDU
Got a mate called Dean,had a morning after chuck in his helmet.
Did he get any sympathy from the boys, Hell no!
Will try that tounge behind the teeth thing tho,

onearmedbandit
17th December 2003, 20:13
Bite your tongue will work 95% of the time, just clamp down firmly on it, you'll feel it work.

And the eyes popping out if your eyes are open when you sneeze, not true. The force required to do this would be more than eyelids could stop. I'm pretty sure closing yours eyes is part of the sneeze process.

Sycophant
18th December 2003, 19:04
Here's what The Straight Dope (http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a2_304.html) has to say about your eyes popping out while sneezing.

It's nearly impossible to sneeze with your eyes open - I've never managed.

Timber020
18th December 2003, 19:37
I remember seeing a guy throw up in a full face on the start line, damn that wasnt pretty!

NC
16th October 2004, 06:04
I flick the visor up just time time...
But the closing of the eyes and the full-body twitch is a bit, freaky. :blink:

Haven't had the puke in the helmet thing yet though... :sweatdrop

Storm
16th October 2004, 15:34
I just sort of pull my best" I am retarded to hell " face and try to direct it downwards and have never had a problem, apart from having to hold one back till I get around the next corner and onto a straight where I can safely close my eyes for a brief second. :bleh:

Storm
16th October 2004, 15:36
And if I am in a state where chucking my tucker back out is likely, I dont ride- too busy staying near a handy whitel porcelain receptacle :sick:

Warren
16th October 2004, 20:13

At least on a bike you can let out a ripping fart and no have to suffer the consequences, unlike those in cages.

Bob
17th October 2004, 01:46
"At least on a bike you can let out a ripping fart and no have to suffer the consequences, unlike those in cages."

Or do it really well... ride up alongside, stop as if to sort your gloves or something... then let rip and ride off!

:ride:

Storm
17th October 2004, 09:28
Nice ! :niceone:
Share the love around ?
Might compensate for when you get stuck behind some stinking foul exhausting cage

badlieutenant
17th October 2004, 15:37
what about when the balaclava is on ? makes it tidier but if your in a hurry yourv got to rememebr that its still there and not take your helmet off in public :Oops: