PDA

View Full Version : Throttle assembly wanted

Padmei
21st September 2011, 21:07
Hi ya I'm new to this forum thing & was wondering if anyone had a spare 2nd hand throttle assembly in their garage they wanted to get rid of.

buggsubique
21st September 2011, 21:17
Hi ya I'm new to this forum thing...

such a homo :lol:

cave weta
21st September 2011, 21:24
Hi ya I'm new to this forum thing & was wondering if anyone had a spare 2nd hand throttle assembly in their garage they wanted to get rid of.

Get a grip!... a dual compound one:shutup:

Transalper
21st September 2011, 21:36
Apparently the things are dirt cheap if you go find out which one you need.
I'll be taking the Transalp one out to PitLane sometime soon to get it matched up as the end is a bit rough.

Padmei
22nd September 2011, 07:40
Apparently the things are dirt cheap if you go find out which one you need.
I'll be taking the Transalp one out to PitLane sometime soon to get it matched up as the end is a bit rough.

Yeah I got quoted $70 for a Tomaselli one which is quite cheap. I'll buy new.

NordieBoy
22nd September 2011, 07:45
A common change for the DR is an R1 throttle tube.
Turns it into a 1/4 turn.

I ran a Tomaselli 1/4 turn on the XR. Nice.

sinfull
22nd September 2011, 09:17

I ran a Tomaselli 1/4 turn on the XR. Nice. You tried the old build your own cam into ya throtle tube trick ?
Know a few racers who've done it with super glue and cut up milk bottle tops to give a nice feather for coming out of corners and then a 1/4 turn gives full noise !

Eddieb
22nd September 2011, 09:37

Any particular year?

Willdat?
22nd September 2011, 12:02
http://www.torpedo7.co.nz/products/T7THTN0AB/title/torpedo7-aluminium-throttle-tube-with-bearing

Any use?

NordieBoy
22nd September 2011, 14:32
http://www.torpedo7.co.nz/products/T7THTN0AB/title/torpedo7-aluminium-throttle-tube-with-bearing

Any use?

Not if you want to use the bearing and bark busters.

But as an alloy throttle tube :yes:

Transalper
23rd September 2011, 10:12
So anyway, just getting a cheap one for the TA.
Estimated about $20, it's just a plastic Motion Pro I think. Will know for sure next weekend when we have done a double check in person with old throttle tube in hand.
It will be an education if nothing else, and got to be better than the broken one I have at the moment.

NordieBoy
23rd September 2011, 13:56
It will be an education if nothing else, and got to be better than the broken one I have at the moment.

I was racing the XR at a motorcross and it was only letting me get to half throttle, and then it would go to full a couple of times a lap.

Then the barrel on the grip end of the pull cable tore out of the throttle tube housing.

The bike is sitting there, idling perfectly and moving the throttle doesn't do anything.

It was a long push back to the pits, up a steep hill, with people taking photos rather than helping :facepalm:

marks
23rd September 2011, 14:51
I was racing the DR at a motorcross and it was only letting me get to half throttle, and then it would go to full a couple of times a lap.:facepalm:

I'm surprised you could notice a difference

Crim
23rd September 2011, 17:01
:killingme

NordieBoy
23rd September 2011, 20:10

Fallen off recently?

Woodman
24th September 2011, 08:31
with people taking photos rather than helping :facepalm:

The utter bastards.:shutup:

Transalper
28th September 2011, 15:28
So got mine now, it's a ZETA plastic one at a cost of $20.
Got some progrips type 737 to try out too $19.
Going for the under grip heaters this time though had considered forgetting the heaters all together but it is nice to have them some times and not to have them would just tempt the weather man to bring a cold summer I'm sure.
I wouldn't want to be responsible for everyone having a cold summer. :oi-grr:

Skinny_Birdman
28th September 2011, 15:32
I wouldn't want to be responsible for everyone having a cold summer. :oi-grr:
You're a gent!:innocent: