PDA

View Full Version : In the intersts of science

Sharkey
17th December 2003, 07:47
I am doing fundamental research into the human condition, and would like to prove or disprove my theory. The theory is that people who squeeze the toothpaste from the middle of the tube also dig a crater in the butter/margarine. And that end squeezers keep the butter flat.

I think it is impartant that everyone fill out the poll so as to answer this vital question. This is science afterall.

k14
17th December 2003, 08:08
There is no option for squeezing from the middle and leaving the butter flat. Cause that is what i would tick.

Jackrat
17th December 2003, 09:23
I wear dentures and use margirine.
But if I didn,t I would do what ever was most annoying.
And I wish I had your job. :no: :D

Hitcher
17th December 2003, 09:29
I am doing fundamental research into the human condition, and would like to prove or disprove my theory. The theory is that people who squeeze the toothpaste from the middle of the tube also dig a crater in the butter/margarine. And that end squeezers keep the butter flat.

I think it is impartant that everyone fill out the poll so as to answer this vital question. This is science afterall.
And do you put both socks on before your shoes or go one sock one shoe, second sock second shoe?
:brick:

Hoon
17th December 2003, 09:49
I Squeeze from the Middle AND Dig a Crater and proud of it :)

Actually I use semisoft or Country Blend 50/50 butter which comes in those rectangle 500g containers so its pretty hard to keep it flat.

Its been years since I bought butter in the packet but I think I use to keep it pretty flat.

If its any help I also like my peanut butter smooth (death to all crunchy eaters!!) and fold my toilet paper unlike the barbaric scrunchers out there.

riffer
17th December 2003, 09:59
And do you put both socks on before your shoes or go one sock one shoe, second sock second shoe?
:brick:
That one's pretty obvious.

Both socks, then pants, then riding pants, then boots.

Sharkey
17th December 2003, 10:54
There is no option for squeezing from the middle and leaving the butter flat. Cause that is what i would tick.

The middle option was supposed to allow that - Middle squeezers who keep the butter/margarine/country soft blend flat, OR end squeezers who dig holes.

So far, it looks like my theory holds water. Yay.

jrandom
17th December 2003, 10:55
Both socks, then pants, then riding pants, then boots.

Me too. Didn't take long to figure out that getting socks on is much easier outside of armoured pants. However, I'm usually pants, then socks, then riding pants, then boots, because my pants are usually close at hand in the morning, but I have to go hunting for a clean pair of socks...

Motu
17th December 2003, 11:31
The toothpaste thing was only a problem in the days of aluminium tubes - if ya squeezed it in the middle you couldn't get the stuff at the closed end out...then ya Mum would give ya a clip on the ear ole.Doesn't matter with plastic tubes,even I can get it all out.And yer lucky the butter doesn't come in paper anymore.

Oh...I don't know this stuff personaly like y'know,some old fart was telling me about it once eh. :o

riffer
17th December 2003, 12:48
And yer lucky the butter doesn't come in paper anymore.

Well ah guess us welly hicks aint as cultured as y'all up in Auckland, but our butter still comes wrapped in paper!

:) :) :) :)

Nouseforaname
17th December 2003, 16:26
The toothpaste thing was only a problem in the days of aluminium tubes -

What? aluminium tubes? :gob:

merv
17th December 2003, 17:22
What? aluminium tubes? :gob:

I think you'll find they are still aluminium but with a plastic cover over the top. If you don't believe me, try burning one.

750Y
18th December 2003, 14:14
my doctor told me I'm not allowed to have knives in the house so I make a small scallop with a plastic teaspoon. I'm not allowed toothpaste either after my recent unsuccessful suicide attempt. 8-(

What?
19th December 2003, 04:52
I wear dentures and use margirine.
But if I didn,t I would do what ever was most annoying.
HA!!! pmpl. :D

LB
19th December 2003, 05:21
Leggings
Socks
Bike pants
Boots

LB
19th December 2003, 05:52
And then in winter, it's silk socks before the Icebreaker ones.

Does anyone else wear Icebreaker thermal stuff? It's really great. they now do socks as well as tops and leggings.

Silk socks and gloves are great - in winter if it's really cold, as well as the silk socks I wear silk gloves under my Spidi's - it really helps, and the silk is so thin you can't notice it.

duckman
22nd December 2003, 16:01
Leggings, socks Toothpaste, pants, butter then boots!!

I'm sorry - I think I've gone and lost the plot :eek5:

Big Dog
22nd December 2003, 17:20
Once upon a time I gave a damn and used to keep it flat from the end. 22 flatmates later I could care less everyone else spoils my nice flat butter and ruins my paste so why bother?

Bandito
24th June 2004, 19:39

Go for it Sharkey, one day this valueble research may save the world! :rolleyes:

Skyryder
2nd July 2004, 21:56
I use to use a cheese slice when I had a fridge that had no butter defroster. Scoop a nice sliver of buter from the top and pour on the syup or honey. Still do when I can find the cheese slice. Anyone else do this. :stoogie: :stoogie:

Skyryder

Slim
3rd July 2004, 09:14

Does anyone else wear Icebreaker thermal stuff? It's really great. they now do socks as well as tops and leggings.

Silk socks and gloves are great - in winter if it's really cold, as well as the silk socks I wear silk gloves under my Spidi's - it really helps, and the silk is so thin you can't notice it.
I've got 3 Icebreaker tops, a pair of leggings & a pocket hat - all are fantastic. I had problems with my 2nd Tech Top shrinking heaps after the first wash (having had no problems with the 1st one which is now 2 years old) and they replaced it with a new one (which I've been a little apprehensive about putting through the wash frankly, but I'll get around to it). Great service. :2thumbsup and a great product.

We were just talking about silk gloves yesterday evening, but neither of us knew where you might obtain some - can you please tell me where you got your silk socks & gloves? Thanks.

Mongoose
3rd July 2004, 11:47
Well ah guess us welly hicks aint as cultured as y'all up in Auckland, but our butter still comes wrapped in paper!

:) :) :) :)

Is that because you, and us, get *real* butter ?

NC
13th September 2004, 17:39
:killingme :killingme :killingme

Eddieb
14th September 2004, 08:51
I squeeze at the end and keep the butter flat, the better half is a middle squeezer and a butter digger, so both of us support the theory.

Marknz
14th September 2004, 09:37
Leggings, socks Toothpaste, pants, butter then boots!!

I'm sorry - I think I've gone and lost the plot :eek5:

rotflmao :killingme

Marknz
14th September 2004, 09:40

Where do we get these Icebreaker products from and the silk things? WMC?

riffer
14th September 2004, 09:48
Kathmandu. And Icebreaker have a store in the Hope Gibbons Building on Taranaki St, don't they?

Marknz
14th September 2004, 10:17
shower, end of the toothpaste tube, flatten the spread, cotton socks, woollen socks, leather pants, boots, jacket, gloves, gloves off, helmet, gloves, feck!, gloves off, helmet off, earplugs, gloves, feck! gloves off, helmet, gloves.........

Where's the key? In the jacket pocket.... Feck!

Hitcher
14th September 2004, 10:21
Gordons Camp and Ski on Willis and on the corner of Wakefield and Cuba do both Icebreaker and the silk stuff.

Slim
14th September 2004, 11:05
Most of the outdoors-type shops sell them.

Check out the "Where to buy" page on the Icebreaker Site (http://www.icebreaker.co.nz)

greenhorn
14th September 2004, 12:21
Squeeze the toothpaste at the end. Never dig a crater but only because my wife has me on a diet and if i dig a crater she can tell how much butter i have used, taking it off evenly is much more deceptive. :shifty:
Yes i am a sad git. :eyepoke:

Marknz
14th September 2004, 12:24
Most of the outdoors-type shops sell them.

Check out the "Where to buy" page on the Icebreaker Site (http://www.icebreaker.co.nz)

Fank ewe... i'll go have a look this avo.

White trash
14th September 2004, 12:50
Fank ewe... i'll go have a look this avo.

I've got it here too, Mark. Got the fancy catalogs and all!

Marknz
14th September 2004, 16:26
I've got it here too, Mark. Got the fancy catalogs and all!

All done and dusted. Fits like a glove and I'm sure it'll do me well for the remainder of winter. :cold: Ya'll should talk to WT if you're interested in this gear.

:angry2: Sorry Sharkey, we've hijacked your thread haven't we. :angry2:

SPORK
13th October 2004, 15:55
my doctor told me I'm not allowed to have knives in the house so I make a small scallop with a plastic teaspoon. I'm not allowed toothpaste either after my recent unsuccessful suicide attempt. 8-(
Sorry to dig this up, but I saw it on the poll from teh homepage, and 750Y, that was halarious! I hope you are joking