PDA

View Full Version : PDF files?

slofox
28th September 2011, 10:53
I often receive pdf files attached to emails. I just click 'em and they open.

How can I set the magnification they open to? My last browzer opened all files at about 56% (too small). The current browzer opens them to about 156% (too big). I'd like 'em to open at 100%.

Is there a setting in the browzer or in the pdf reader I can twiddle?

Ta, clever people.

nodrog
28th September 2011, 11:36
I hate PDF Files, especially when they are parked outside primary schools.

imdying
28th September 2011, 11:41
Maybe try Ctrl-0? (that assumes that the internal PDF viewer zoom is linked to the web page zoom).

slofox
28th September 2011, 11:52
Maybe try Ctrl-0? (that assumes that the internal PDF viewer zoom is linked to the web page zoom).

control/zero brings it to "fit one full page to window..." Which is 61.4% or something.

Can't get it to default to 100% though. Oh well...:yawn:

slofox
28th September 2011, 11:54
I hate PDF Files, especially when they are parked outside primary schools.

Too much competition, huh..? :rofl:

I looked after one of those once when I was psychiatric nursing between degrees. He was highly intelligent, had full insight into his "problem" and freely admitted that if he was out, he'd go looking for a "candidate"... Which is why he was in a secure ward. Luckily.

Gremlin
28th September 2011, 12:35
Adobe Reader (assuming that's what you have) > Edit > Preferences > Page Display, should be the settings you are after...

slofox
28th September 2011, 12:37
Adobe Reader (assuming that's what you have) > Edit > Preferences > Page Display, should be the settings you are after...

Thank you Mr Gremlin - that works perfectly. How come I didn't find that, dammit?

Gremlin
28th September 2011, 12:38
Thank you Mr Gremlin - that works perfectly. How come I didn't find that, dammit?
coz you had a man look... :lol:

slofox
28th September 2011, 12:41
coz you had a man look... :lol:

Hrrumph! Possibly...