PDA

View Full Version : Another SAS soldier killed

nudemetalz
28th September 2011, 12:56
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/5698604/Kiwi-soldier-killed-in-Afghanistan-PM-confirms

RIP and condolences to the family. :(

NighthawkNZ
28th September 2011, 13:01
As I said on another site
Hope the Defense Force look after the family. Our troops are doing a great job and we should be supporting 'them' more...

So those that protest against it all please don't protest against the troops and armed forces when they come home etc... protest against those that sent them in the first place... At least we are not as bad as we use.

RIP, and condolenses to the family and friends in his unit.

willytheekid
28th September 2011, 13:02
+1
:( ..thoughts go out to his family, friends and combat unit.

Got so much respect for the job & sacrifices these guys make....they truly are "the best of the best"

RIP

SPman
28th September 2011, 13:48
Sad for families and friends, but.....
they are soldiers in combat in a war zone, so it comes with the job.

Our troops are doing a great job and we should be supporting 'them' moreWhy - it's not "our" war!
protest against those that sent them in the first placeNothing more I'd like than to send John Key and his merry minions over there, in their place!

Grasshopperus
28th September 2011, 13:54
And also condolences to the families of the people he killed while on his tour.

oneofsix
28th September 2011, 13:59

Do you also extend your condolences to those that they killed, tortured and controlled before the troops arrived to distract them?

I extend my condolences to the family, friends and associates of the soldier.

Grasshopperus
28th September 2011, 14:44
Do you also extend your condolences to those that they killed, tortured and controlled before the troops arrived to distract them?

Do I empathize with people? Yes.

Crasherfromwayback
28th September 2011, 14:59

I don't really think that's needed in this particular thread. Start your own on the subject if you feel the need.

RIP

Zedder
28th September 2011, 15:05
As I said on another site
Hope the Defense Force look after the family. Our troops are doing a great job and we should be supporting 'them' more...

So those that protest against it all please don't protest against the troops and armed forces when they come home etc... protest against those that sent them in the first place... At least we are not as bad as we use.

RIP, and condolenses to the family and friends in his unit.

Al Qaeda is the problem, not those that sent them there.

specter
28th September 2011, 15:53
RIP to another fallen comrade.

please don't bash on any of our troops or government about our participation in any conflicts/peace keeping missions. every soldier overseas on their respective deployments VOLUNTEERED to go over.
yes its sad to see people for our nation die, but its part of our job. when we first sign up we sign an agreement to give our lives for queen or country if need be. we all know the risk of these warzones and accept that we could die, but we are trained to defend ourselves and also kill if the situation arises.

please dont diminish the memory of a fallen comrade and fellow countryman

RIP

imdying
28th September 2011, 16:01
I don't agree with out best of the best being used as pawns in the games the US is playing, but I can appreciate that somebody made a sacrifice believing they did it for us a nation. As such, RIP.

SPman
28th September 2011, 19:34
The filthy, disgusting, web of major power international politics is the problem - Al Qaida is merely an excuse.

FJRider
28th September 2011, 19:39
do i empathize with people? Yes.

bullshit ...

Marknz
28th September 2011, 19:41
RIP, and condolencses to his family and colleagues

HenryDorsetCase
28th September 2011, 19:43

Taliban is more the problem in urban Afghanistan, from my reading.

condolences to the family and friends also.

But they are right up the sharp pointy end, those guys. it shows how good they are that so few end up dead.

FJRider
28th September 2011, 19:54
Sad for families and friends, but.....
they are soldiers in combat in a war zone, so it comes with the job.

It doesn't ALWAYS "come with the job" ... but ALL those in a combat zone know it may happen ... to them ...

Why - it's not "our" war!Nothing more I'd like than to send John Key and his merry minions over there, in their place!

IT IS "OUR WAR" ... in support of the allies that WE may need the help of ... in the future ... and in the hope a "9/11" will never happen in THIS country ... or any other. Some of the freedoms that were lost that day ... affect New Zealand(ers) freedoms too ...

Politicians are barely qualified to do the job they do now ... and to suggest they get sent there is idiotic at the very least ... the one's they kill may be our own ...

JMemonic
28th September 2011, 20:57
Firstly my condolences go to his family friends and unit.

To those who claim this is not our war, simply it is, it is a war to retain our way of life, our freedoms and liberties, yes that sounds like American rhetoric but it simply fact, you and Nicky Hagar conveniently forget the instigators be they Al Qaeda, Taliban, or some other extremist ideology they want nothing more than the world to be governed as they believe to be the correct way, this is no different than my grandfather going to war in the 1940's and spending years in places like El Alamein or Crete etc coming home by all accounts a changed man.

It is a war against a tyranny that would see our wives subjected to laws many of use would not be comfortable with, our daughters subjected to servitude we would find repellent, our modern services and conveniences in the hands of a limited few, the return to serfdom for the masses.

This is "our" war, whether you like it or not, it is a fight for our ideal's and ideas, this way is a war against an enemy who if they cant convert you to their way of thinking would kill you to stop you thinking.

There have been innocent victims on both sides, and in many ways this has changed our society, my employment is as a cause of this war, my role all be it token to some has major consequences on liberties our parents and grandparents took as right, and I am afraid we will continue to lose further liberties, simply to safe our freedoms, but unless the people who think these "freedom fighters" are just that change their way of thought the loss of liberty and freedoms will continue.

Zedder
28th September 2011, 21:21
The filthy, disgusting, web of major power international politics is the problem - Al Qaida is merely an excuse.

Well unless you're a Muslim, Al Qaeda would kill you at the drop of a hat and I don't know that the "Filthy disgusting etc etc" would be interested in doing that at least.

imdying
29th September 2011, 08:10
they want nothing more than the world to be governed as they believe to be the correct wayShocking, you mean just like America?

DEATH_INC.
29th September 2011, 08:21
Shocking, you mean just like America?

You mean like the rest of the free world, don't you?
These Soldiers are doing a fine job of keeping most of this planet free from scum who kill anyone and everyone (including their own remember) just to force their way of thinking on everyone else.

Brett
29th September 2011, 09:30

You're a clown. You do not know the kind of people/insurgents that the SAS are up against. The SAS don't just take random civilians out, they have targeted tasks for specific people/groups. Don't know about you, but I am happy for them to kill the Taleban who commit atrocities against their own people. *Edit* and who would kill you, a westerner, in the blink of an eye if they came across you in their country.

oldrider
29th September 2011, 09:54
You mean like the rest of the free world, don't you?
These Soldiers are doing a fine job of keeping most of this planet free from scum who kill anyone and everyone (including their own remember) just to force their way of thinking on everyone else.

Thank you soldier RIP. Without you the free world is getting smaller instead of bigger!

When you see them (Arabs etc) firing loose rounds off into the air over there, you need a lot of luck just to stay alive!

The price of hunting ammo over here and "they" with no money or income of any sort, can fire off even the big stuff, like no tomorrow!

Where do they get it all from? .... If you know what I mean!

Again, R.I.P. SAS soldier and thank you! :yes:

JMemonic
29th September 2011, 10:06

Umm I think you will find the current actions there are sanctioned by the UN, and if my addled, tired memory serves me the UN Security council, of which certain permanent members have the right of veto so one veto vote and any action is called off.

The United States, (please note, not America) went to war with an enemy that had by its actions declared war on it all be it by unusual methods but on would have to consider repeated attacks as a deceleration of such. Its enemy is an ideology driven by a perversion of religion, in supposed retaliation for wars that occurred before the United states was even founded.

imdying
29th September 2011, 10:35
Umm I think you will find the current actions there are sanctioned by the UNWell, that's ok then!

The United States, (please note, not America)Ah huh, you know who I meant... it ain't Team United States World Police :laugh:

went to war with an enemy that had by its actions declared war on it all be it by unusual methods but on would have to consider repeated attacks as a deceleration of such. Its enemy is an ideology driven by a perversion of religion, in supposed retaliation for wars that occurred before the United states was even founded.No, the yanks got a punch right to the face because they've stuck their snotty little noses in Arab business for 70 years. They've engineered wars, put puppet regimes in place, and generally oppressed the sang niggers for more than a generation. It was a shitty thing to do, but make no mistake, they earnt it (deserved removed, nobody deserves that shite).

Maybe another thread though. This poor bastard isn't directly responsible for any of that, and he's a soldier doing what he's told because that's what soldiers do.

imdying
29th September 2011, 10:38
These Soldiers are doing a fine job of keeping most of this planet freeYou mean 'keeping the oil flowing' don't ya? Sure, this is all about freedom, right :blink:

oldrider
29th September 2011, 12:20
You mean 'keeping the oil flowing' don't ya? Sure, this is all about freedom, right :blink:

Why not?

Keeping the oil flowing is part of the freedom and Western quality of life parcel! :ride:

You could show your objection by selling your motorcycle and buying a pushbike and posting on pushbike Webb site forums!

That way you can feel good about yourself all day long! :blip:

oneofsix
29th September 2011, 12:29
Why not?

Keeping the oil flowing is part of the freedom and Western quality of life parcel! :ride:

You could show your objection by selling your motorcycle and buying a pushbike and posting on pushbike Webb site forums!

That way you can feel good about yourself all day long! :blip:

No oldrider that wont work either. To post they need a computer thingee and they contain lots of oil products as does the web. Guess it will be a case of go buy a bike, cotton pjs, leather sandals and shut up then.

imdying
29th September 2011, 12:48
You could show your objection by selling your motorcycle and buying a pushbike and posting on pushbike Webb site forums!But why? I don't care if they want to kill themselves over it, that's their prerogative.

I don't like that they use our best troops to do it. But, it would not surprise me if that sort of person wouldn't travel to a country with an army that did, if ours did not. You'd have to enjoy your job at least a little to kill people for a living.

Deano
29th September 2011, 12:59
You'd have to enjoy your job at least a little to kill people for a living.

I know a guy who specifically joined the army cause he had a life long ambition of killing some random overseas.

He was generally quite a nice guy apart from that one thing.

An ex flatmate was in the terries - he was just outright nuts and should never have been let loose with a gun - probably just the sort you want on the front line but...

SPman
29th September 2011, 13:31
Firstly my condolences go to his family friends and unit.

To those who claim this is not our war, simply it is, it is a war to retain our way of life, our freedoms and liberties, yes that sounds like American rhetoric but it simply fact, you and Nicky Hagar conveniently forget the instigators be they Al Qaeda, Taliban, or some other extremist ideology they want nothing more than the world to be governed as they believe to be the correct way, What a load of crap.
What most of them are fighting for is for the western powers to butt out of their countries and lives and leave them alone.The United States, as a "Christian" country is doing a good job of doing exactly what you accuse the others of doing!

this is no different than my grandfather going to war in the 1940's and spending years in places like El Alamein or Crete etc coming home by all accounts a changed man.It's very different - and yes, I had an uncle and cousins in the same place who came back changed men - or stayed there dead

It is a war against a tyranny that would see our wives subjected to laws many of use would not be comfortable with, our daughters subjected to servitude we would find repellent, our modern services and conveniences in the hands of a limited few, the return to serfdom for the masses.Bullshit! Any Fundamentalist regime in power, Muslim or Christian, would have the same result - seen how Exclusive Brethren treat their women, for example?

This is "our" war, whether you like it or not, it is a fight for our ideal's and ideas, this way is a war against an enemy who if they cant convert you to their way of thinking would kill you to stop you thinking.

You sound just like a gung-ho grandson who joined the Aussie army last year and on his first leave home came out spouting the same sort of inculcated bullshit - he sings a different tune now, however, after seeing for himself what's going on!

There have been innocent victims on both sides, and in many ways this has changed our society, my employment is as a cause of this war, my role all be it token to some has major consequences on liberties our parents and grandparents took as right, and I am afraid we will continue to lose further liberties, simply to safe our freedoms, but unless the people who think these "freedom fighters" are just that change their way of thought the loss of liberty and freedoms will continue. They aren't "Freedom Fighters", as you put it - other than the freedom from being told what to do by outside powers! Pashtun hate, and will kill anyone who tries to take them over - British, Russian, American, Australian, New Zealander - they're all the same when they are carrying a gun! Go away and read some proper histories of the region!

SPman
29th September 2011, 13:42
Umm I think you will find the current actions there are sanctioned by the UN, and if my addled, tired memory serves me the UN Security council, of which certain permanent members have the right of veto so one veto vote and any action is called off.

The United States, (please note, not America) went to war with an enemy that had by its actions declared war on it all be it by unusual methods but on would have to consider repeated attacks as a deceleration of such. Its enemy is an ideology driven by a perversion of religion, in supposed retaliation for wars that occurred before the United states was even founded. No it wasn't - it was an attack on a country that has had a long history of attacking, manipulating and interfering in Arab affairs, for it's own ends! The stated aim of Al Quaida was to drive the americans out of the Holy Places. So a bunch of Saudis, backed by Saudi money, attack the USA, and the USA (and it's "allies", retaliates by attacking Afghanistan, then Iraq, then Pakistan! - and rattles sabres at Iran! Then uses Nato to bomb the shit out of Libya to help drive out another of their pet hates, Qaddafi, under the pretext of "liberating" the country..........yeah, right.

Haggis2
29th September 2011, 14:05
What a shame this post has been hijacked by namby pamby politico cry babies wahing on. Maybe they'd be better off looking at wikileaks or some such crap? Good on our buys overseas and as OP said R.I.P

nudemetalz
29th September 2011, 14:12
Well said, Haggis2 !!

As my first post pointed out, RIP to Leon Smith.

I see he was the first to treat Cpl Doug Grant, the other SAS soldier who died.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/5701508/Fallen-SAS-soldier-first-to-treat-Doug-Grant

FJRider
29th September 2011, 14:15

At least ... American's get to vote for the barstards that will shaft them ... :innocent:

FJRider
29th September 2011, 14:21
No it wasn't - it was an attack on a country that has had a long history of attacking, manipulating and interfering in Arab affairs, for it's own ends! The stated aim of Al Quaida was to drive the americans out of the Holy Places. So a bunch of Saudis, backed by Saudi money, attack the USA, and the USA (and it's "allies", retaliates by attacking Afghanistan, then Iraq, then Pakistan! - and rattles sabres at Iran! Then uses Nato to bomb the shit out of Libya to help drive out another of their pet hates, Qaddafi, under the pretext of "liberating" the country..........yeah, right.

Actually it was the "Infidel's" from the Holy places ...

That term covers a few nationality's ... not just Americans ...

fuknKIWI
30th September 2011, 00:06
Lest we forget.