PDA

View Full Version : Hello from France! (philxp)

philxp
29th September 2011, 21:14
Hello Kiwi friends !

I am riding in France two singles from Yamaha and I read from times to times your threads in your site...

I live in the south of France, and now it is the end of the summer. This year, we have a very beautiful weather at this period, very good for riding.

I am also menber of the french forum of XT and SR, and the ambient is very cool there. In this country, the users of the old Yamaha single are often around fifty years old, even more...
This bike is not really for young users, or they are convinced by theirs fathers that this is THE real bike....

I have to post here some photos of my bikes, but I will do this later.

I have owned many Yamahas (3 SR, a SRX-6, 5 XT 500, a XS 1100, many Honda 125...) and I have also worked for Yamaha fifteen years ago for three years.

Her_C4
29th September 2011, 21:52
Welcome to KB!

I have just returned from a holiday in France, and fascinated by the amount of bikes, scooters and weird three wheeled motorised contraptions. LOVE that you apparently can park any where you want, regardless if you are on two, three or four wheels :-))

YellowDog
29th September 2011, 22:04
Hey Phil, welcome to Kiwibiker.

I have spent a lot of time in the South of France and the riding environment is relly quite outstanding.

Look forward to your bike photos :yes:

ellipsis
29th September 2011, 22:09
...glad you could join us...the ambience here is sometimes lacking..welcome...

puddytat
29th September 2011, 22:09
If I were to live anywhere else on the Planet, it would be Southern France:yes::love:
I have so many nice memories of the Pyrennes region,where one summer, I walked through its mountains....
And I know how much fun a SRX6 is:woohoo:

Welcome!

Red39
30th September 2011, 09:02
Bienvenue Phil, so France rocks. The riders/drivers are crazy mental though! I picked up some phrases when I was over there

Je savais bien que vous alliez ecraser ces pietons
Quoi? T'es aveugle? Ou completement bourre?

And my personal favourite

Ta mere est belge

Hope they're not too rude!!!:innocent:

carbonhed
30th September 2011, 13:46
Welcome. What part of the south of France do you come from? Love that part of the world.

ajturbo
30th September 2011, 14:04
am looking forward to seeing the photo's

just make sure your girlfriend is in them...:innocent:

dogsnbikes
30th September 2011, 14:19
Welcome aboard phil

Last time I was in south of france was 9 years ago this November, picking up a ship(Santa Regina) that did the Marseille-Corsica round trip,

Look forward too the photo's as I have just started stripping down a XT550 for a rebuild

unstuck
30th September 2011, 15:08
Enjoy your stay.:yes: