PDA

View Full Version : Site rules - originator's authority to seek pointless drivel action?

BuckBuck#1
30th September 2011, 16:18
A couple of instances this week:

Perhaps this can now be sent to 'Pointless Drivel' - Do it now and send it to PD.

We throw out the old newspapers when we read them, both the good news and bad news.

I reckon when a thread is started but then it degenerates, then the original poster can call for the whole thread entry to be sent to the crapper – Pointless Drivel PD.

There are good Forum themes eg Survival Skills and good topics raised. When the evidence is unequivocal that the topic is going off the rails or degenerates to personal insults then the thread originator has a free hand to bring the thread to Moderator’s attention directing immediate withdrawal and transfer posting to PD. The Moderator has no recourse but to accede.

Lock n Load, Range, Bearing, Fire - Moderators seen to duck for cover.

Link: Site Rules (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/66358-Site-rules General participation on KB:)

"A reminder that abuse, fighting and harassment on this forum will not be tolerated. This is a biker community and general banter is part of the general feel. However, any malicious/threatening/abusive comments, images or actions will be dealt with by the Moderators/Administrators. Please keep in mind that threats, abuse or harassment includes comments or images made in the forums, via the reputation system, via pm, any attachments or via the Thread Tag system."

I would welcome constructive and considered feedback please.

george formby
30th September 2011, 16:24
That would probably bin the most entertaining threads I have read of late before they even got warmed up.

I don't think it's that broke really, if the OP don't like something they can say so & then leave the keyboard alone.

BuckBuck#1
30th September 2011, 16:30
Agree. But if it was a newspaper I could throw it out. In this environment only the Moderator can do that and should if there is clear evidence of a breach of site rules.

Virago
30th September 2011, 17:03
Perhaps this can now be sent to 'Pointless Drivel' - Do it now and send it to PD.

It may come as a surprise to you, but the Moderators don't read everything that's posted. It is physically impossible - believe me.

Posting a Mod request like the above in a thread is likely to go unnoticed. If you have problems in a thread that you want dealt with, click the Report Post button below the post. If you don't get satisfaction, PM a Senior Mod to discuss.

BuckBuck#1
30th September 2011, 17:27
Thanks for that guidance.

I therefore can expect to receive a reply from a Moderator when such an issue is raised or requested.

Virago
30th September 2011, 17:30
...I therefore can expect to receive a reply from a Moderator when such an issue is raised or requested.

No .

Gremlin
30th September 2011, 17:32
What Virago said... sounds fine to me.

The entertaining threads are the ones you'd probably never see if they got binned because OP got the pip about the pissing being taken out of him...

Subike
30th September 2011, 17:45
Where is skidmark?

BuckBuck#1
30th September 2011, 17:46
What Virago said... sounds fine to me.

The entertaining threads are the ones you'd probably never see if they got binned because OP got the pip about the pissing being taken out of him...

The fact that it can be measured against the original intent of the opening thread should not be lost. If it is binned to PD, then a new opening thread could be raised as and when by anyone else.

Some threads can fall into an 'entertainment' quality, others can fall into an 'informative' category eg Survival Skills

It will be interesting to see where this leads......

Katman
30th September 2011, 17:48
There haven't been many of my threads that haven't degenerated into slanging matches.

But in between the insults are post that are well worth reading.

Stop being such a prima donna.

bluninja
30th September 2011, 17:57
I don't understand this.....are the examples you posted just your foot stamping?

Interesting concept you postulate: That the OP 'owns' and is able to dictate and censor the content of a thread if it's not to their liking by having it moved to another forum. :shutup:

I am of the opinion that this is a forum and I 'own' my responses. How dare you seek to move my posts elsewhere. :innocent:

If I was seriously offended by anything in KB I can attempt to discuss it privately, or seek mod assistance. :violin:

I think the discrening would sort the wheat from the chaff. If you want to spout your own stuff without opposition create your own forum...simples innit?

Yes I know it's spelt discerning :blink:

bluninja
30th September 2011, 17:59
There haven't been many of my threads that haven't degenerated into slanging matches.

So that would be ignoring your posts then?

At least you didn't call him a retard without a funny bone. :sick:

Gremlin
30th September 2011, 18:01
Ah yes... that's something I meant to include in my post.

Part of your thread seems to assume that KB is a nicely balanced democracy, with fairness, and mods are required to do this and that.

It isn't. As Spank rightly says, it's his, and he can do whatever he likes. If you (as in any individual) don't like it, you're welcome to leave.

Virago
30th September 2011, 18:20
I don't understand this.....are the examples you posted just your foot stamping?

Interesting concept you postulate: That the OP 'owns' and is able to dictate and censor the content of a thread if it's not to their liking by having it moved to another forum. :shutup:

I am of the opinion that this is a forum and I 'own' my responses. How dare you seek to move my posts elsewhere. :innocent:

If I was seriously offended by anything in KB I can attempt to discuss it privately, or seek mod assistance. :violin:

I think the discrening would sort the wheat from the chaff. If you want to spout your own stuff without opposition create your own forum...simples innit?

Yes I know it's spelt discerning :blink:

Lol - that's rather perceptive, there...:yes:

The OP has in the past attempted to claim ownership and authority over the site content. It is likely that he will again need to be told otherwise...:facepalm:

Katman
30th September 2011, 18:21
At least you didn't call him a retard without a funny bone. :sick:

I'm sorry.

Did you find your funny bone?

BuckBuck#1
30th September 2011, 18:24
Link: Site Rules (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/66358-Site-rules General participation on KB:)

"A reminder that abuse, fighting and harassment on this forum will not be tolerated. This is a biker community and general banter is part of the general feel. However, any malicious/threatening/abusive comments, images or actions will be dealt with by the Moderators/Administrators. Please keep in mind that threats, abuse or harassment includes comments or images made in the forums, via the reputation system, via pm, any attachments or via the Thread Tag system."

Thank you for your comments.

White trash
30th September 2011, 18:33

For fucks sake, shaddup gay boy.

Christ there's some cry babies on KB nowdays.

Latte
30th September 2011, 18:34
Agree. But if it was a newspaper I could throw it out. In this environment only the Moderator can do that and should if there is clear evidence of a breach of site rules.

Nope wrong, if it was a newspaper, you could throw out your copy. The other 100,000 copies being read by everyone else, you have no control over.

IF you have a conversation at a party and dont like how it goes, do you ask everyone to erase it from their memory? Or do you walk away and leave it alone. I don't see why a public forum should be any different.

bluninja
30th September 2011, 18:34

You're welcome. I think you need to understand the difference between adult banter and malicious/threatening/abusive comments, but I won't hold my breath.
BTW when you do perhaps you could educate scumdog; I'm too frightened to.

White trash
30th September 2011, 18:37

I think you take the site rules, yourself, and indeed the whole internet a little too seriously. This isn't real life, it's a bunch of dicks taking the piss. Get over it.

Virago
30th September 2011, 18:37

I've highlighted the important bit for you. It doesn't say anything about your "authority" to instruct them...?

If you do actually believe that they "must comply" with your instructions - then you are sadly misguided.

I sense another OCD blog coming on...

bluninja
30th September 2011, 18:38
I'm sorry. what? sorry that you didn't call him that?

Did you find your funny bone?

Nah. I kept staring and staring straight ahead but couldn.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Latte
30th September 2011, 18:43
I've highlighted the important bit for you. It doesn't say anything about your "authority" to instruct them...?

If you do actually believe that they "must comply" with your instructions - then you are sadly misguided.

Maybe there should be a sub forum called "International" so people know where to take these type of posts. :rofl:

neels
30th September 2011, 19:08
It must be awesome to have nothing to worry about in life except what's being posted on kb.

Or sad, I'm not sure which.

blackdog
30th September 2011, 19:12
I'm in your neck of the woods Buckbuck, and I have some red paint in the shed.

Would you like me to come round and paint a target?

White trash
30th September 2011, 19:16
I'm in your neck of the woods Buckbuck, and I have some red paint in the shed.

Would you like me to come round and paint a target?

I think Buckbuck has suddenly realised that perhaps not quite as many people give a toss as he thought would and he's now washing himself while crying in the shower.

I think a hug would be more appropriate than a target right now.............

blackdog
30th September 2011, 19:20
I think Buckbuck has suddenly realised that perhaps not quite as many people give a toss as he thought would and he's now washing himself while crying in the shower.

Cleanliness is next to rightousness.

White trash
30th September 2011, 19:22

Godliness.

blackdog
30th September 2011, 19:24
Godliness.

I'm sure he will appreciate the comparison.

Kickaha
30th September 2011, 19:25
I doubt he'd be interested in your "special hugs"

Not in any dictionary I've seen

sinned
30th September 2011, 19:29
There are thousands of forums on the interdweeb and to date I have not found one that compares with KB for mix of activity, good shit, useful information and entertainment. The lack of anal moderating works well even though I was a bit pissed to find what I considered a recent brilliant post was sent to PD by our Hitcher. In a search to find this post I was amused by the really good shit sent to PD. PD is now an area of the site that I will browse with interest for those true gems that define KB.

Guy - I like the freedom of KB and what it provides for all-comers, enthusiasts, occasional idiots, some outstanding contributors, to all share their thoughts - with only light handed moderation to control the uncontrollable. This is what makes KB what it is; one of the best forums around. Best leave it alone.

PrincessBandit
30th September 2011, 20:07
Maybe there should be a sub forum called "International" so people know where to take these type of posts. :rofl:

Ooooh, I haven't seen "International" used for a while. You sure DB didn't TM that term??? :shutup:

Jantar
30th September 2011, 20:20
... In a search to find this post I was amused by the really good shit sent to PD. PD is now an area of the site that I will browse with interest for those true gems that define KB.....

Hehe. That's what PD is all about. There is some great entertainment to be had there. In most fora anything off topic is simply deleted. Here, we keep it for posterity.

FJRider
30th September 2011, 20:25
Ooooh, I haven't seen "International" used for a while. You sure DB didn't TM that term??? :shutup:

Dont think so ... he gets a bit shitty if you "mention" International .... :corn:

Berries
30th September 2011, 22:41
Some threads can fall into an 'entertainment' quality, others can fall into an 'informative' category eg Survival Skills.
There's your problem. KB is entertainment, nothing more, nothing less.

Your twelve second thread started off as a riddle so not sure what responses you were expecting. Set yourself up as a preacher to people you don't know and you are going to receive criticism, and your thread may get hijacked. It's only the internet though, not worth crying to the teachers about it.

BuckBuck#1
1st October 2011, 10:35
There's your problem. KB is entertainment, nothing more, nothing less.

Your twelve second thread started off as a riddle so not sure what responses you were expecting. Set yourself up as a preacher to people you don't know and you are going to receive criticism, and your thread may get hijacked. It's only the internet though, not worth crying to the teachers about it.

Thank you Berries.

Succinct, accurate and honest. A good reality check for me.

Regards
BB#1

BuckBuck#1
1st October 2011, 11:04

Noted and OCPD blog updated.

blackdog
1st October 2011, 14:17
Noted and OCPD blog updated.

Interesting to read that you are a proponent of CBT.

Hitcher
1st October 2011, 20:50

Or godliness. In both cases, only in the Irish Dictionary. The one that doesn't have gullible in it.

DrunkenMistake
1st October 2011, 22:17
Did you get abused in another thread or something?
:facepalm:

Click the little ! to report a post, you may even report this one for some practice,
If your not happy with a certain posters posts i.e myself, then you can ignore me and you wont see anymore of my posts,

Or alliteratively if you see some smack in a thread, click the little red 'X' at the top right hand corner of your browsers window.

KB is useful if you need to know something, there are alot of people who will help and give advice and credible advice, you just have to weed out all the shit.

hayd3n
1st October 2011, 22:20
Did you get abused in another thread or something?
:facepalm:

Click the little ! to report a post, you may even report this one for some practice,
If your not happy with a certain posters posts i.e myself, then you can ignore me and you wont see anymore of my posts,

Or alliteratively if you see some smack in a thread, click the little red 'X' at the top right hand corner of your browsers window.

KB is useful if you need to know something, there are alot of people who will help and give advice and credible advice, you just have to weed out all the shit.
usually from you!!!

tigertim20
1st October 2011, 22:20
A couple of instances this week:

I would welcome constructive and considered feedback please.

But then the trolls would go hungry
think of the trolls man!
THINK OF THE TROLLS!

DrunkenMistake
1st October 2011, 22:21
But then the trolls would go hungry
think of the trolls man!
THINK OF THE TROLLS!

Actually..
I could stand to lose a few pounds ..

Virago
1st October 2011, 22:41
Actually..
I could stand to lose a few pounds ..

You would have to stand - you're too short when sitting down...

DrunkenMistake
1st October 2011, 22:44
You would have to stand - you're too short when sitting down...

Tad taller than you though ;)

Brian d marge
1st October 2011, 23:04
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UTdDN_MRe64" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

a witch a witch ,,,,,

Sir wank alot

Qkkid
1st October 2011, 23:41
Where is skidmark?

:facepalm: where is Winja:shutup:
I say bring him back everybody :love:d em:yes:

Berries
2nd October 2011, 06:54
Thank you Berries.

Succinct, accurate and honest. A good reality check for me.
Just had a look at the page on your blog about this. You look like you take this all too seriously. KB has all sorts. Some I nod in agreement with, some I shake my head at, some I laugh at and others I try and ignore because they just talk shit and preach or are post whores.

If you start a thread you have no control on where it goes. You can try and keep it on track but you'll just get frustrated. Best to sit back and see where it goes. There may be nuggets of useful information hidden in there but you have to wade through a whole lot of crap to find them.

Your problem now is that you have shown your hand and any thread you start is guaranteed to go off topic. In fact it'll be seen as a challenge to see how far off topic it can be taken to see your reaction.

BuckBuck#1
2nd October 2011, 07:18
...Best to sit back and see where it goes... it'll be seen as a challenge to see how far off topic it can be taken to see your reaction.

Thanks Berries and your points are well noted.

Ronin
2nd October 2011, 07:50
Interesting to read that you are a proponent of CBT.

Like all treatments, CBT works for some. Not for others.

Kickaha
2nd October 2011, 08:22
Tad taller than you though ;)

Isn't everyone?