PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Wellington (Ildefonse)

Ildefonse
2nd October 2011, 20:48
Hello,

As a recent migrant from The Netherlands, I'm new to the forum and new to the NZ biker scene in general.

I am looking to order a Triumph Speedmaster (2011 model) soon, and was wondering if you could give me some advice since I've never bought a new bike from a dealer before, only second hand.

I want to get the bike (listed price $16.990) with some accessories (worth about $2000), as well as some gear for me and my partner.

What discount on accessories and gear could I generally try to get? Is 15% a good deal or too low? Is it also possible to get a discount on the listed price of the bike itself, or is that not common?

Anything else I should keep in mind? Best place to buy Triumph from around Wellington?

Would love to hear your experiences, tips and suggestions.

Cheers,
Ildefonse.

jellywrestler
2nd October 2011, 20:53
Go and see Glen Holden at Motorad, he'll look after you

koba
2nd October 2011, 20:57
Watch out for NZ driving is the best advice I can offer, you won't want to hear the rest.

blackdog
2nd October 2011, 20:59
+1 for Glen. GC.

As for discounts, just a negotiation. We like having our bike shops turning a profit though so they are still here this time next year.

Ildefonse
25th October 2011, 10:27
Cheers, thanks for the advice guys.
I've picked up the bike from Motorad, and was helped nicely by Glen.

Now waiting for the wind and rain to subside...

oneofsix
25th October 2011, 10:33
Cheers, thanks for the advice guys.
I've picked up the bike from Motorad, and was helped nicely by Glen.

oh dear. I that case, apart from the odd day i guess you will be waiting until next year :shutup:
Just kidding. Check out the slow paced Tuesday rides, I think tonight starts from the Avalon Duck pond, second thoughts looks like tonight is going to be both wind and rain :facepalm: Perhaps next week then.

Maha
26th October 2011, 06:47

It is Wellington right?...:corn:

caspernz
26th October 2011, 13:49
It is Wellington right?...:corn:

Oh boy, some of us learned about the wet n wild Wellington weather the hard way....mind you after seven years it makes most other locations in NZ seem tame and mild by comparison....

Oh and hi to a fellow dutchie!

Ratti
27th October 2011, 15:39
Tuesday night slowpaced rides are a go EVERY Tuesday unless its fair thumping down with rain. Motocyclists meet all sorts of weather so I dont see any reason to cancel...

They don't always start from the Duckpond tho. The calendar can be found on the BRONZ site http://www.bronzwellington.org.nz/ or there is a thread here on KB http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/142440-Tuesday-evening-BRONZ-Slowpaced-Social-Ride

We've been getting an interesting range of folk, noobs, returning riders and senior riders. Many years of road knowledge in the Ulysses members if you want to ask questions about conditions here in NZ.

PM me for further details or just rock on up next Tuesday and introduce yourself.

Ildefonse
30th October 2011, 14:43
Oh boy, some of us learned about the wet n wild Wellington weather the hard way....mind you after seven years it makes most other locations in NZ seem tame and mild by comparison....

Oh and hi to a fellow dutchie!

Hah, yeah it's Wellington... still, we've had quite a few nice days in the past weeks. Since I work from home, I can pretty much decide right there and then to take out the bike and go for a ride whenever the sun is shining.

And coming from Holland... I'm used to worse conditions ;)

I'll look into those BRONZ rides, thanks!