PDA

View Full Version : Porting and 32-34mm 2 stroke carburettors

Sable
5th October 2011, 01:40
I'm having some porting done on my X7, the previous setup had TS125 pistons with cut down skirts giving a displacement of around 280cc and gas flowed ports. We were making 40 horsepower at the wheel which for an old air cooled parallel twin ain't bad. We are now taking it up a notch, the tuner expects to get about 50 with this revision, the catch is I need bigger carbs; at the moment it's got a pair of 28mm Mikuni roundslides. I have been told to get something in the 32-34mm range. What sprung immediately to my mind was RGV carbs but I couldn't go post classic racing with flat slides (to my knowledge) however it will be used more on the street so anything to get it up and running with will be alright. Any suggestions/ offers out there, bearing in mind I'm not made out of money? Many thanks :)

koba
11th October 2011, 14:51
Buckets 'n bits?

How about some pics?

Grumph
11th October 2011, 18:12
T500 Mikunis were a popular race carb back in the day - 32mm roundslides and very tunable.

manxkiwi
12th October 2011, 15:14
Hi there, I have a pair of RGV 32mm carbs if you want them. I won't want silly money. If you're keen PM me and make me an offer.

Cheers.