PDA

View Full Version : The CAMP ride is all go (26/27 November)

young1
5th October 2011, 15:57
CAMP = Colin Along (with) Mike (and) Phil (adventure ride)

I have now posted the ride in the calendar, please register there for the ride. You will see the phone numbers for the Saturday night accomodation. If you want the Awakino Hotel get in quick. If they say they are full they have told me that can get a couple of folding beds out so ask about that.

This thread is the one we will use with the ride details, ignore the earlier thread where we asked for expressions of interest.

We will put details of Friday night accomodation in New Plymouth up later, it won't be expensive and depends on how many are coming.

young1
6th October 2011, 13:25
As beds are tight at the Awakino hotel, if you have got a room with more than one bed in it and don't mind someone else having it, post the details here so that that bed can be booked and used by someone else.

Eddieb
6th October 2011, 14:00
I've booked at the Awakino hotel,

If you are intending on staying there then rattle ya dags, when I rang at 3pm today there was one room left containing 2 single beds.

Now I just need to find a room/couch/whatever in New Plymouth Friday night.

nooles
6th October 2011, 14:30
I've booked at the Awakino hotel,

If you are intending on staying there then rattle ya dags, when I rang at 3pm today there was one room left containing 2 single beds.

Now I just need to find a room/couch/whatever in New Plymouth Friday night.

I got me and Deano in last night:woohoo: I made sure he was aware that it was going to be 2 guys so we needed 2 beds not just a one double:love:.
Deano is staying with me in Kaponga if you want to bunk down here as well Eddie

Waihou Thumper
6th October 2011, 15:49
There is a campground up the road from Awakino towards Mokau? What is that called anyone? Nooles, got room for one more on the floor or in the garden mate?

Rosie
6th October 2011, 16:14
There is a campground up the road from Awakino towards Mokau? What is that called anyone? Nooles, got room for one more on the floor or in the garden mate?

I know the one, we've stayed there before - is it called the Seaview Holiday park?

nooles
6th October 2011, 17:05

yeah mate, looks like I'll have to clear some space in the shed for all the bikes tho:facepalm:

nooles
6th October 2011, 17:09
I know the one, we've stayed there before - is it called the Seaview Holiday park?

Seaview Holiday Park
S Hwy 3, RD1, Mokau. Phone (06) 752-9708 0800 478786
seaviewhp@xtra.co.nz

Waihou Thumper
6th October 2011, 17:13
yeah mate, looks like I'll have to clear some space in the shed for all the bikes tho:facepalm:

Well if you buy that bloody DR, it can rest outside. Long as the Honda, Husky and Eddies can fit inside, all good! Oh, and the LC4 :)

Waihou Thumper
6th October 2011, 17:14
Seaview Holiday Park
S Hwy 3, RD1, Mokau. Phone (06) 752-9708 0800 478786
seaviewhp@xtra.co.nz

The website has this awesome pink little cabin by the beach :) I will be tenting it, sea views, sound of the ocean :)

Eddieb
6th October 2011, 17:32
Yep, those of you who have bothered to read the event details in the calender entry will know Seaview is listed as alternative accomodation, however, if you want to stay in Awakino there was only 2 beds left at 3pm.

Eddieb
6th October 2011, 17:44
I got me and Deano in last night:woohoo: I made sure he was aware that it was going to be 2 guys so we needed 2 beds not just a one double:love:.
Deano is staying with me in Kaponga if you want to bunk down here as well Eddie

Done deal, cheers Nooles.

I'll need to keep an eye on Deano and my DR though.

young1
6th October 2011, 17:57
Remember that Awakino Hotel has said that they a couple of fold out beds they can use, so ask for those if needed.

That looks like fun
6th October 2011, 19:05
Also check to see if anyone has booked a room and may be willing to share.

dino3310
6th October 2011, 22:18
Done deal, cheers Nooles.

I'll need to keep an eye on Deano and my DR though.

:drool:

got them mods all finished mate :love: i might have to sleep in the shed :lol:

Steelie
7th October 2011, 04:58
Me and Gman booked in at Awakino "weeks" ago. We're taking the Friday off to :ride: down the west coast from Port Waikato. Friday night yet to be sorted. Looking foward to it. :woohoo:

Shewolf
7th October 2011, 07:34
What time you guys leaving? Was thinking of going that way too

Me and Gman booked in at Awakino "weeks" ago. We're taking the Friday off to :ride: down the west coast from Port Waikato. Friday night yet to be sorted. Looking foward to it. :woohoo:

young1
7th October 2011, 11:18
For the Friday accomodation we were holding off putting up options until we knew how many were coming. However I see that a few of you are staying with Nooles and others with Colin on Friday night so if anyone wants to stay with Leanne and I book in now.

We have two spare double beds and also foam squabs for the floor.

Bring sleeping bags please.

I am in New Plymouth (6km from down town)

clint640
7th October 2011, 11:51
For the Friday accomodation we were holding off putting up options until we knew how many were coming. However I see that a few of you are staying with Nooles and others with Colin on Friday night so if anyone wants to stay with Leanne and I book in now.

Sounds good. Pencil Rosie & I in for one of those double beds or a patch of floor please. :yes:

Cheers
Clint

young1
7th October 2011, 12:03
Sounds good. Pencil Rosie & I in for one of those double beds or a patch of floor please. :yes:

Cheers
Clint

Done, look forward to returning your hospitality.

Gman71
7th October 2011, 13:27

Not sure yet, but early-ish, looks like a longish day at a nice relaxed pace.

I'm on the shore and heading to meet Dual in Pukekohe/Tukau so I'd like to be leaving that part of the world (Pukekohe) 9.30ish latest..but not sure what my riding buddy has to say about that....

Shewolf
7th October 2011, 14:47
I'm on the Shore too, happy to leave whenever

I'm on the shore and heading to meet Dual in Pukekohe/Tukau so I'd like to be leaving that part of the world (Pukekohe) 9.30ish latest..but not sure what my riding buddy has to say about that....

A bit of floor would be good please? I have sleeping mat+bag onboard

dino3310
7th October 2011, 15:43
. However I see that a few of you are staying with Nooles

nooles place rocks, he cooks steak:love:

Waihou Thumper
7th October 2011, 16:22
nooles place rocks, he cooks steak:love:

Nice...Venison? I will bring the red or three...:)

nooles
7th October 2011, 18:00
Nice...Venison? I will bring the red or three...:)

Venison!!! geez I was gunna give ya lamb or wild pork, looks like I'll have to rip out the farm and knock over a red then:facepalm:

Waihou Thumper
7th October 2011, 18:08
Venison!!! geez I was gunna give ya lamb or wild pork, looks like I'll have to rip out the farm and knock over a red then:facepalm:

Nope, all good. Don't want you to injure your arm mate...Pig is good, so is Lamb:) So is beans on toast mate!

young1
7th October 2011, 19:05
I'm on the Shore too, happy to leave whenever

A bit of floor would be good please? I have sleeping mat+bag onboard

All good, plenty of room :-)

Steelie
8th October 2011, 09:05

Not sure yet, but early-ish, looks like a longish day at a nice relaxed pace.

We shall leave when you show up at my place.(5 min from tuakau bridge) Then head for coffee in Raglan via some west coast gravel.

ducatijim
8th October 2011, 16:53
All good, plenty of room :-)

Hi Mike, could I get a wee bit of floor space too please? But....not too close to any female wolves.....don't want to wake up with my throat ripped out and blood on the lounge floor!!!!:shit:

SUZI GIRL
8th October 2011, 18:42
We are booked at the awakino now as well, cant wait. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Looking forward to my 1st ADv ride on my new bike.:scooter::scooter::scooter:

young1
8th October 2011, 21:50
Yep floor space reserved.

I haven't met Shewolf yet, should we be worried? :-)

Hi Mike, could I get a wee bit of floor space too please? But....not too close to any female wolves.....don't want to wake up with my throat ripped out and blood on the lounge floor!!!!:shit:

ducatijim
9th October 2011, 08:15

Ta Mike.....I don't know the female wolf either, but a handle like that just has to come with a suitable attitude wouldn't you think?
( besides, I'm married to a 'shedevil' so come with a wee bit of experience in the matter!!):shit:

Shewolf
9th October 2011, 10:57
I only bite during full moons :shifty:

Eddieb
9th October 2011, 13:33
Should be right then. Full moon is Nov 11, Nov 25th is new moon.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=2098&month=11&year=2011&obj=moon&afl=-11&day=1

Waihou Thumper
9th October 2011, 16:10
Should be right then. Full moon is Nov 11, Nov 25th is new moon.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=2098&month=11&year=2011&obj=moon&afl=-11&day=1

Knew someone would take the bait..:) or succumb to the shewolf! tempatation...:shit:

Shewolf
9th October 2011, 18:28
no full moon eh, I suppose a friendly nip is out of the question:shifty:

Phreaky Phil
9th October 2011, 20:17
We have a bit of room at our place. Our spare room is earmarked for Brent and Karen (if they come)if not, that will be available. We also have a sofabed and a large window seat big enough to sleep on. Heaps of room for tents.

young1
9th October 2011, 21:28

Friendly nip sounds like fun, full on blood splatter though is definitely out.
:yes:

young1
9th October 2011, 21:31
Marks / Aslan - hope we are we going to see you both up here?

Taz
10th October 2011, 10:26
Sometimes shift work sucks!

ducatijim
11th October 2011, 08:21

Hmmm, sounds interesting, a wee nip eh?( kinda like I got from Oscar over at 'Kaipara' you mean? or something more friendly...........?).
Glad at least I am missing the full moon but..........

Shewolf
11th October 2011, 09:21
:shutup::killingme

marks
11th October 2011, 09:41
Marks / Aslan - hope we are we going to see you both up here?

Can't speak for Stephen but I am hoping to come - it will be a last minute confirmation

I don't have a very good success rate at actually getting to the Taranaki rides :no:

young1
11th October 2011, 09:55
Can't speak for Stephen but I am hoping to come - it will be a last minute confirmation

I don't have a very good success rate at actually getting to the Taranaki rides :no:

Try a KTM, you would have no problems getting here then!

The rum is stocked just in case....

Rosie
11th October 2011, 10:32
We are booked in at the Seaview holiday park :sunny:

Now I just need to order my new jacket and helmet so Dawn and I can be twins :innocent:

nic
11th October 2011, 12:02
We are booked in at the Seaview holiday park :sunny:

me too:yes:

Waihou Thumper
11th October 2011, 15:04

The little pink cabin? :) or a tent? :)

dino3310
12th October 2011, 15:48
not a bad spot that, we stayed there for a wedding at awakino couple years back. Was like a small house, plenty of room with all ameneties

tri boy
19th October 2011, 20:55
Sheesh. Trying to get reliable info out of Nakiriders, is like trying to get a chook to run straight.:violin:

Me n kanny probably willhave to ride down Sat morn, as she is working Fri/noon shift. We will either meet up with you motley lot at the "go" point. Or meet you somewhere on the ride in a morning stint on Sat.

If you have indeed posted comprehensive details then I'm a dick.
If not, you are indeed sons of the Naki.:shutup:

That looks like fun
20th October 2011, 05:08
Start point :blink:
Knew I forgot something :facepalm:

Sons of naki to be shure to be shure :Punk:

I will have a confirm with Mutley and Scrote and get back to ya. :love:

socialites
20th October 2011, 13:21

Hey Nic...are you booked with Gary and Rob...if so do you know if there is anymore space for me to slip in?

nic
20th October 2011, 13:58
Hey Nic...are you booked with Gary and Rob...if so do you know if there is anymore space for me to slip in?

Hello

No, I currently have my cabin all to myself :yes:

I am waiting to hear from two others regarding the spare beds.

Shewolf
20th October 2011, 15:19
Is this like that hide the sausage game where you have to find it first?

Start point :blink:
Knew I forgot something :facepalm:

MXNUT
20th October 2011, 18:01
Hello

No, I currently have my cabin all to myself :yes:

I am waiting to hear from two others regarding the spare beds.

Is this like that hide the sausage game where you have to find it first?

Shewolf, when I 1st read your post I thought that you were replying to the post above from Nicola :Oops: :killingme :killingme

That looks like fun
20th October 2011, 19:34
Righto your felthie northerners :2guns: Enough with the sausage already, :shit: its been hidden OK :shifty:

Plan A
Meet at the McDonald's fine dining eatery in New Plymouth 8:30 morning time. :facepalm:
Fueled, fed and ready to ride :scooter:
Approximately 130 ks later we will be at Stratford for Fuel so about 10:30 - 11 ish there.
Another 106 ks or so will see us dining at the Whanga Hotel and eatery thing for a late lunch :love:
Then its off to Awakino for a play on the beach (did I mention the tide will be out :shifty:) Foods, beds and sleeping :Punk: No sausage games OK :facepalm:
Sunday, up at sparrows fart and about 200 ks later we will be in Tamaranui :wings:
Yes its a short cut :innocent:
Additional cheap accommodation is available in New Plymouth for Friday night at http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=taranaki%20eco%20lodge&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCEQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mttaranaki.co.nz%2Fretreat%2F egmont_eco_lodge_yha%2F&ei=5c2fTv2bGe3UiALGsphi&usg=AFQjCNFsUPbDPkTTApAkxFl_hcKa9xbQ2Q
Just in case your the independent sort :Punk:
Batman is asking Robin to update this information on the calender thingy, so roger wilco delta foxtrot tango chaps, I will close the gate <_< Have fun :love:

bart
20th October 2011, 19:42
Have fun you bunch of bums. I'm moving house that weekend. :sick::mad:

That looks like fun
20th October 2011, 19:44
Have fun you bunch of bums. I'm moving house that weekend. :sick::mad:

Boring :yawn:

tri boy
20th October 2011, 19:46
Sweet.:sunny:
I'm picking me n kanny will meet up with you guys at Stratters:grouphug:

Now, all I got to do is warrant the KLE, change fattys tyres, (oh yes, the Scrambler is being let loose):Punk:

Find the nessarcary bits and bobs required for an assault on Naki regions, and book some accom at the holiday park for us two.

That should take me about 3weeks:facepalm:

That looks like fun
20th October 2011, 19:52
Sweet.:sunny:
I'm picking me n kanny will meet up with you guys at Stratters:grouphug:

I will warn the Locals :shifty:

Now, all I got to do is warrant the KLE, change fattys tyres, (oh yes, the Scrambler is being let loose):Punk:

Bohy yeah :wari:

Find the nessarcary bits and bobs required for an assault on Naki regions, and book some accom at the holiday park for us two.

You want what? :facepalm:

That should take me about 3weeks:facepalm:

No Rush :corn:

tri boy
2nd November 2011, 20:17
Me n kanny will probably treat this ride as a catch up with people.But we will be mainly doing our own thing, sticking to seal, and seeing you Sat night.

Mainly cause the KLE got pinged on several expensive items at WOF time, (two discs, a right dipping head light and a worn caliper to name a couple of the items).

So the trusty Bandit is called into service for kanny, and I'll take the scrambler on street tyres.

See you atthe pub:drinknsin

PS. Does anybody know if their local wreckers has a KLE5 hundy being stripped?

young1
2nd November 2011, 21:10
That is a shame Brent, but yes, see you at the pub :-)

dino3310
3rd November 2011, 16:12
Me n kanny will probably treat this ride as a catch up with people.But we will be mainly doing our own thing, sticking to seal, and seeing you Sat night.

Mainly cause the KLE got pinged on several expensive items at WOF time, (two discs, a right dipping head light and a worn caliper to name a couple of the items).

So the trusty Bandit is called into service for kanny, and I'll take the scrambler on street tyres.

See you atthe pub:drinknsin

PS. Does anybody know if their local wreckers has a KLE5 hundy being stripped?

scrammbler with street tires ya big softy.... give Kanny the BRP for a weekend she might show you a new trick or 2 :lol:

Waihou Thumper
3rd November 2011, 17:13
I probably am gonna tent it both nights. Set up Friday night then leave it for the Saturday, that way the load is lessened...She has me close to the ocean....:) Hope the tide is out that night...:rolleyes:
Nooles, thanks for the offer of a space in the garden, but due to work I probably will be late late, so will get into the Seaview camp-ground...If I make it at all. It seems I am away out of town :(

tri boy
3rd November 2011, 19:45
give Kanny the BRP for a weekend she might show you a new trick or 2 :lol:

Um, err, yeah, ahhh, ain't got a wof or rego on that either.:facepalm:

That looks like fun
4th November 2011, 17:22
Sticky tape will fix the head light :yes: All you have to mask is the area on dip that rises to the right :blink: it is not legally required to rise to the left so a flat beam is ok :woohoo:
From memory tape goes above the centre line of the reflector, from the centre of the light to the right, about a 1 inch square (yeh yeh old school measurements so suck it up :shutup:). My GPZ had the same issue and thets hew I fexed it cooba :innocent:

MXNUT
4th November 2011, 17:41
I probably am gonna tent it both nights. Set up Friday night then leave it for the Saturday, that way the load is lessened...She has me close to the ocean....:) Hope the tide is out that night...:rolleyes:
Nooles, thanks for the offer of a space in the garden, but due to work I probably will be late late, so will get into the Seaview camp-ground...If I make it at all. It seems I am away out of town :(

Yep, we staying at the pub both nights too. Plan on getting down there at about 8-8.30 pm. Will have to catch up for a beer on the friday night.:yes:
Then head for the big smoke early next morn :scooter:

nooles
5th November 2011, 08:27

No worries mate, you and Eddie would have been sleeping together in the Queen bed( I was gunna let you guy's decide which side you slept on) and Deano would have been in his single(keep him safe and out of the way, that way I dont fall over and hurt myself cause that always happens when he's around), I see Eddie likes brown mushrooms and Camembert cheese for breakfast so I'll have to get that sorted for him. Cant decide which bike to use yet!!!

That looks like fun
5th November 2011, 18:43
Stage 1 (to Stratford) is very twisty tarseal, a small bit of gravel, a swing bridge and 3 tunnels :banana:
Stage 2 (to Whanga) is a reasonable amount of gravel and 2 more tunnels :niceone:
Stage 3 (to Awakino) is twisty tarseal, gravel, 2 tunnels and a waterfall :clap:

Next day is 4 tunnels, a shit load of gravel, a very low railway then a shit load more gravel :drool:

Plus a ride on the beach at Awakino :eek:

So doe's that help ya decide which scooter to ride mate? :msn-wink:

As a special treat i have mowed the lawns :killingme

dino3310
5th November 2011, 20:29
we could take the KTM and the BIG and leave the XR at Kapango:msn-wink:

young1
7th November 2011, 11:30
As Colin has said we will leave from McDonalds in New Plymouth, be there fueled up by 8.30 am ready to ride off at 8.45 am.

There are two petrol stations across the road from McDonalds.

To find McDonalds, coming from the South it is on the main road heading into town, just through the first set of lights you come to. Turn left at those lights and almost immediately on your right (you have turned onto a one way road) you will see a turn into the supermarket / McDonalds car park.

From the North it is on the main road into New Plmouth, once the road becomes one way (by the Plymouth Hotel) you should stay in the right lane and you will see it when you get to the next set of lights. Go through the lights and turn right into the supermarket car park behind the McDonalds building

Those of you who are staying with me, we will leave with enough time to do the fuel thing before getting to McDonalds (I will PM you with directions for getting to my place early next week).

Eddieb
7th November 2011, 16:02
Well after yesterdays ride I'm out of the camp ride. I have a single room booked at Awakino I will need to cancel or hand on if anyone was after one. It is room 4 and hasn't been paid for.

Nooles, thanks for the offer at your place, obviously I won't be there either.

.chris
7th November 2011, 16:40
Well after yesterdays ride I'm out of the camp ride. I have a single room booked at Awakino I will need to cancel or hand on if anyone was after one. It is room 4 and hasn't been paid for.

Nooles, thanks for the offer at your place, obviously I won't be there either.

How much for the room? I might take it for the sat night...

Eddieb
7th November 2011, 16:47
How much for the room? I might take it for the sat night...

$50

f'ing 10 chars

.chris
7th November 2011, 18:34
$50

f'ing 10 chars

Cool, I will take it for the sat night if that is cool.

Phreaky Phil
7th November 2011, 18:50

Nooles, thanks for the offer at your place, obviously I won't be there either.What happened on yesterdays ride ???

Waihou Thumper
8th November 2011, 05:17
I am out too, not due to an accident though but more from things that just seem to get in the way....:(
Enjoy.....

Eddieb
8th November 2011, 07:09
What happened on yesterdays ride ???

Have a look at my DR build thread.

Steelie
16th November 2011, 13:29
Might want to get your voting done before the ride.

http://www.elections.org.nz/voting/votingsub/how-to-advance.html

Rosie
16th November 2011, 13:45

Or we could all descend on some tiny rural polling booth and ask to cast special votes :shifty:

Shewolf
16th November 2011, 13:49
lets do that, and I'm gonna further confuse them when the white girl asks where the Maori voting papers are :laugh:

Or we could all descend on some tiny rural polling booth and ask to cast special votes :shifty:

Steelie
16th November 2011, 15:53

lets do that, and I'm gonna further confuse them when the white girl asks where the Maori voting papers are :laugh:

:facepalm: That dosnt sound appealing at all. Must be a girl thing:scratch:

Maybe a challenge/easy option at lunch...

Challenge Option -descend on some tiny rural polling booth and ask to cast special votes /further confuse them when the white girl asks where the Maori voting papers are........:no:

Easy option - Go to rural pub and consume nice cold beer. Time well spent. IMHO:apint:

Rosie
16th November 2011, 16:01
:facepalm: That dosnt sound appealing at all. Must be a girl thing:scratch:

Maybe a challenge/easy option at lunch...

Challenge Option -descend on some tiny rural polling booth and ask to cast special votes /further confuse them when the white girl asks where the Maori voting papers are........:no:

Easy option - Go to rural pub and consume nice cold beer. Time well spent. IMHO:apint:

I'd vote for the Nice Cold Beer Party :beer:

Shewolf
16th November 2011, 16:48
ok twist my arm, sides...we'll solve the country's problems ourselves with a few cold ones :niceone:

young1
16th November 2011, 19:44
I wonder if Whangamomona has a polling booth!

Shewolf
16th November 2011, 19:59
yep but the candidates are a possum a goat and a chicken
no different to the rest then

.chris
17th November 2011, 08:01
Crapola, I have to bail on this ride, so Eddies room on saturday night is back on the market.

Should I call up and cancel or does someone want it?

Shewolf
17th November 2011, 08:13
I'll take it if it's still going - save taking the tent

Crapola, I have to bail on this ride, so Eddies room on saturday night is back on the market.

Should I call up and cancel or does someone want it?

Phreaky Phil
17th November 2011, 11:25
I wonder if Whangamomona has a polling booth!
I doubt it. Whanga is a Republic. Is the President still the Goat ?

.chris
17th November 2011, 14:47
I'll take it if it's still going - save taking the tent

Cool, you probably should call and confirm you are taking eddies old booking, I had not got around to confirming.

Shewolf
17th November 2011, 15:40
doneburger :niceone:

Cool, you probably should call and confirm you are taking eddies old booking, I had not got around to confirming.

That looks like fun
19th November 2011, 17:49
At considerable expense and with great effort I have personally carried out some beautification work to parts of the ride route :sweatdrop
I mowed the lawns through Whanga and out to Tamaranui :yes:
All expense was incurred by the boss ;) and I put in bugger all effort :whistle: Tractor was working pretty damn hard though :innocent:
Time for a nudge on this ride folks, this will be a low stress good fun ride (with no mud ok :facepalm: )
Beginner rider and big bike friendly but with enough awesome scenery and adventure for everyone but the most hardcore (can that word be used outside the Naki?)
I have even found the location of the Whanga jail as an added treat for the naughty people. :oi-grr:
So get your names on the calender and see ya Saturday :scooter:

young1
19th November 2011, 21:46
Well done Colin, however you could have swung past my place and done the lawns here too!

Rosie, Clint, DucatiJim, & Shewolf, I will pm you with instructions how to find our place, for Friday night, possibly tomorrow or Monday.

I presume everyone else is sorted for Friday accommodation?

By the way I know of another couple on a 990 who will be doing the ride (they are not registered on KB).

ducatijim
21st November 2011, 09:30
[QUOTE=young1;1130198126]

QUOTE]

Just a wee change for me here Mike; I will withdraw from your generous offer for Friday nite, Mrs n me will install our motorhome @ Seaview Friday thru sunday.
So, thanks anyway, and see you all at Maccrs Sat am!:niceone:

young1
21st November 2011, 19:17
[QUOTE=young1;1130198126]

QUOTE]

Just a wee change for me here Mike; I will withdraw from your generous offer for Friday nite, Mrs n me will install our motorhome @ Seaview Friday thru sunday.
So, thanks anyway, and see you all at Maccrs Sat am!:niceone:

All good, Clint / Rosie / She Wolf will send instructions tomorrow from work

young1
22nd November 2011, 09:33
Looks like the weather (at the moment at least) for the weekend is going to behave.

It does help that Jim Hickey is a Naki lad!

Rosie
22nd November 2011, 09:41
Looks like the weather (at the moment at least) for the weekend is going to behave.

It does help that Jim Hickey is a Naki lad!

Maybe we'll get to see the mountain :wari:
We'll be using the awesome power of free software on my new GPS to find your place on Friday. So who knows when we'll turn up :facepalm:

Eddieb
22nd November 2011, 11:11
We'll be using the awesome power of free software on my new GPS to find your place on Friday. So who knows when we'll turn up :facepalm:

If it's the NZ Open GPS Project free software it's very good, better than the Garmin stuff.

GPS MAN
22nd November 2011, 11:11
Hey guys and gals..Well, after a little/big spill on my KTM - I am in recovery mode at the moment..Hyper extended my knee..so hobbling around....

Down but, not Out!

:doctor:

Catch up with all at the next ride:violin:

young1
22nd November 2011, 12:01

Good luck, my GPS doesn't take into account the new road bypassing Bell Block which can cause confusion, but it isn't that difficult.

If coming from New Plymouth the short cut is to turn at the golf course (where it says no through road) still in the 80km/hr area, and turn right as soon as you can and follow that road to our place and Bell Block. (For some silly reason they never put an off ramp type road there only a road to the golf course, we drive that way home but have to do a 2 point turn to get around the traffic island .....)

See you Friday

Rosie
22nd November 2011, 12:19
If it's the NZ Open GPS Project free software it's very good, better than the Garmin stuff.

It is the open GPS project software, and it is very good (it even has mountain bike tracks :niceone:). It just takes me a while to build up a rapport with new electronic gadgets.
It took me an hour and a half to get the software onto my GPS in the first place :facepalm:

Night Falcon
22nd November 2011, 17:20
Hey guys and gals..Well, after a little/big spill on my KTM - I am in recovery mode at the moment..Hyper extended my knee..so hobbling around....

Down but, not Out!

thats too bad, knees hurt! more importantly...what KTM are you talkin bout willis? have you sold the mighty KLR?

bart
22nd November 2011, 19:30

Down but, not Out!

That's no good dude. Is your back alright? If so, you can come and help me move house. :laugh:

thats too bad, knees hurt! more importantly...what KTM are you talkin bout willis? have you sold the mighty KLR?

It's one of those silly little 530 things :chase:

Crisis management
23rd November 2011, 06:02

Down but, not Out!

Get it checked, my knee hyper extension included tearing the posterior cruciate ligament off which doesn't heal up real quick..... ACC is your friend.

The rest of you have a good weekend, I am not jealous at all.:no:

Rosie
23rd November 2011, 07:21
Good luck, my GPS doesn't take into account the new road bypassing Bell Block which can cause confusion, but it isn't that difficult.

If coming from New Plymouth the short cut is to turn at the golf course (where it says no through road) still in the 80km/hr area, and turn right as soon as you can and follow that road to our place and Bell Block. (For some silly reason they never put an off ramp type road there only a road to the golf course, we drive that way home but have to do a 2 point turn to get around the traffic island .....)

See you Friday

I had a quick play with the GPS last night, and it didn't have your road in its database :facepalm: So I started looking on its map, but then the battery went flat :facepalm:
I'll just print out a google map and put it in my pocket <_<

Shewolf
23rd November 2011, 09:40
you can use the GPS to hold down the map so it don't blow away :niceone:

I had a quick play with the GPS last night, and it didn't have your road in its database :facepalm: So I started looking on its map, but then the battery went flat :facepalm:
I'll just print out a google map and put it in my pocket <_<

Rosie
23rd November 2011, 09:44
you can use the GPS to hold down the map so it don't blow away :niceone:

Better still, I could sellotape the map to the GPS screen, so I can see it while I'm riding :shifty:

clint640
23rd November 2011, 09:50
Better still, I could sellotape the map to the GPS screen, so I can see it while I'm riding :shifty:

Good to see I didn't spend weeks hand carving you a gps mount out a solid block of aluminium for nothing :niceone:

Clint

young1
24th November 2011, 05:49
Reminders

If you need to contact me my phone numbers are; home 06 7554284, cell 021 751411. Remember most of where we ride is out of cell range.

As Colin has said we will leave from McDonalds in New Plymouth, be there fueled up by 8.30 am ready to ride off at 8.45 am.

There are two petrol stations across the road from McDonalds.

To find McDonalds, coming from the South it is on the main road heading into town, just through the first set of lights you come to. Turn left at those lights and almost immediately on your right (you have turned onto a one way road) you will see a turn into the supermarket / McDonalds car park.

From the North it is on the main road into New Plmouth, once the road becomes one way (by the Plymouth Hotel) you should stay in the right lane and you will see it when you get to the next set of lights. Go through the lights and turn right into the supermarket car park behind the McDonalds building

Those of you who are staying with me, we will leave with enough time to do the fuel thing before getting to McDonalds (I will PM you with directions for getting to my place early next week).

Eddieb
24th November 2011, 06:51

Don't forget to do this people, I voted a few days ago.

MXNUT
24th November 2011, 19:21
Reminders

If you need to contact me my phone numbers are; home 06 7554284, cell 021 751411. Remember most of where we ride is out of cell range.

We are staying in Awakino both nights so will be riding through to NP on the saturday morn.
Will see you all at Maca`s for brekie :eek:

Taz
24th November 2011, 20:03
have fun guys n gals :(

young1
24th November 2011, 20:13
We are staying in Awakino both nights so will be riding through to NP on the saturday morn.
Will see you all at Maca`s for brekie :eek:

Maca's for breakfast, how could you stoop so low! Ha ha

Phreaky Phil
24th November 2011, 20:49
Maca's for breakfast, how could you stoop so low! Ha haThats Marks Favourite :niceone:

rogerh
24th November 2011, 21:18
Just burning the late oil at work now, so I can hopefully get away tomorrow, and for the weekend.
Looking forward to getting away....

young1
25th November 2011, 06:14
Weather forecast;
Windy today
Saturday early drizzle then clearing
Sunday is the pick of the days

Ride safely everyone, see you all at macca's tomorrow morning.

nooles
25th November 2011, 09:07
Sounds like Dino's out with a sick family so there's a spare bed at the Pub on Saturday night if anyone needs it.

MXNUT
25th November 2011, 15:17
Weather forecast;
Windy today
Saturday early drizzle then clearing
Sunday is the pick of the days

Ride safely everyone, see you all at macca's tomorrow morning.

Weather Update, fine both days now :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Eddieb
25th November 2011, 15:59
Have a good ride everyone, wish I was there.

That looks like fun
25th November 2011, 18:51
Well fook me. Its Friday night :banana:
Which means tomorrow is Saturday :wings:
I'm sure I have something to do tomorrow :ride:
See ya all in the morning :wavey:
And yes the lawns look good Nooles :2thumbsup

tri boy
25th November 2011, 18:55
Me n Kanny will catch up with you lot at the Awakino that night.
We'll be road riding this gig, so we'll see you for a pint later.:yes:

alane
27th November 2011, 09:31
Took the super sherpa on its first run since the last dustybutt to check out the guys @ the Whanga pub.
They seemed to be copeing without me so headed home.
BUT:shit: rear tyre went flat on the Whanga saddle ,over 20km from home & prolly half of it gravel.
No repair kit---so----sit on the tank & just keep rideing.
Got home allright,a bit wobbly in places,but actually reached 60+km,s once or twice.
After removeing tyre this morning ,realized ,rideing a bit flat for TOOO long had caused the rimlock to puncture the tube:Oops:
But luckily the "Deathwing" had stayed on the bead ,on one side,anyway --held by the rimclamp & the valve that was on a big angle ,& had,nt gone back into the rim.
It,s a heavy duty tube, so should be able to use it again--as---remarkably --doe,snt seem chaffed.

LESSON LEARNT------Don,t ride with yer tyre too flat for too long-----&-------Take your puncture repair kit @ ALL TIMES.

tri boy
27th November 2011, 12:39
Take your puncture repair kit @ ALL TIMES.

Murphy's law police's this situation constantly, and is very harsh on those that forget, and still ride gravel. DAMHIK:facepalm:

Great to catch up with many friends at the Awakino:Punk:
Jamie, Julie, Nooles, Anthony etc.
Silver service at "Sparky's Restaurant"may need some fine tuning, and Dawns acrobatics on the dining furniture was awesome:Oops::rofl:

That looks like fun
27th November 2011, 17:32
Honey I'm home :banana:
Thanks to all who joined us and made this weekend awesome. great to catch up with old friends and meet some new ones. :hug:
Thats all for now, I am off to have a wash :sick:

Steelie
27th November 2011, 17:34
Big thanks to Colin, Mike and Phil. Cracker of a weekend.

Cheers
Anthony

Shewolf
27th November 2011, 17:54
wicked roads, wicked weather and wicked company.

And wicked BMX skills from Clint and Gary :yes:

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af144/Shewolfnz/DSCN0174.jpg

ducatijim
27th November 2011, 18:14
Give the 'camp' crew a big hand folks, top job resulted in a super weekend. Thank you all.:yes:

nooles
27th November 2011, 18:52
Awesome weekend, great to catch up with everyone again, thanks to Colin along with Mike and Phil for a great hassle free ride. It was a big boost for me to get back on the bitch again and gel with her, she feels right now:yes:.

Dino you missed a fun filled dusty as all hell laugh a minute ride, some bloody great gravel riding was had by all:woohoo:

Shewolf
27th November 2011, 19:05
trip down with Greg and Anthony

Phreaky Phil
27th November 2011, 19:13
Awesome weekend folks. Great catching up with everyone.

Shewolf
27th November 2011, 19:19

Shewolf
27th November 2011, 19:21
The Whanga jail

Phreaky Phil
27th November 2011, 19:42
Awesome weekend folks. Great catching up with everyone.A few more pics to add

Steelie
27th November 2011, 19:48
Few more pics. Alphabet bikes, Team MX nut, orifices in strange places and a clean pub:blink:

young1
27th November 2011, 20:28
Alane my apologies, I did not recognize you yesterday. It was great that you came out to Whangamomona and I am glad that the flat tyre got you home.

Mike

Took the super sherpa on its first run since the last dustybutt to check out the guys @ the Whanga pub.
They seemed to be copeing without me so headed home.
BUT:shit: rear tyre went flat on the Whanga saddle ,over 20km from home & prolly half of it gravel.
No repair kit---so----sit on the tank & just keep rideing.
Got home allright,a bit wobbly in places,but actually reached 60+km,s once or twice.
After removeing tyre this morning ,realized ,rideing a bit flat for TOOO long had caused the rimlock to puncture the tube:Oops:
But luckily the "Deathwing" had stayed on the bead ,on one side,anyway --held by the rimclamp & the valve that was on a big angle ,& had,nt gone back into the rim.
It,s a heavy duty tube, so should be able to use it again--as---remarkably --doe,snt seem chaffed.

LESSON LEARNT------Don,t ride with yer tyre too flat for too long-----&-------Take your puncture repair kit @ ALL TIMES.

young1
27th November 2011, 20:37
Glad everyone joined the ride, as normal it will be bigger and better next year.

Some great memories, did anyone take a photo of the colourful Grandma at the Bertrand Rd bridge?

And the photo moment that everyone missed...... Mo and Anne (who left early this morning to head home) stopped on the side of the road talking to the local constabulary while 15 adventure bikes cruised past PRICELESS

Mike and Leanne

Rosie
28th November 2011, 07:49
That was an awesome ride thanks guys :niceone:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/IMG_3204a.jpg

More photos to come later...

NordieBoy
28th November 2011, 08:37
Nicely caught look of shock there :D

Shewolf
28th November 2011, 08:55
shock, awe, wonder and a little bit of you-guys-are-nutters :yes:

Nicely caught look of shock there :D

Gman71
28th November 2011, 09:16
....can we do it again next weekend?

Ready, set.....
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ehfidc0HtaQ/TtKh8U4G24I/AAAAAAAAA8o/WDzQYKuOWhA/s912/PB260064.JPG

The first bridge of many, many more to come
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jDXO7rPYB1s/TtKiSSzrjsI/AAAAAAAAA9A/SpqMd0zorj0/s912/PB260067.JPG

Strange creature emerged from its cave...
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-YNjnfZ56IN0/TtKiWbvugmI/AAAAAAAAA9Q/XG1aw0VUgE8/s912/PB260069.JPG

Then didnt know where he was, or where he put his alphabet bike
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-2qHS1jbbncg/TtKigyv7HNI/AAAAAAAAA9c/LnZxpaMJcqU/s912/PB260070.JPG

Middle of somewhere..

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-wnDCGmEfa24/TtKijStw7VI/AAAAAAAAA9o/9dWk5QVIcp8/s912/PB260072.JPG

Middle of nowhere...
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-urZPSsHcPvk/TtKjngFkGfI/AAAAAAAAA-8/r0MrXmpn0u8/s912/PB270083.JPG

At one point, we were so naughty Uncle Colin made us get off our bikes and WALK the rest of the way to Whangamomona
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-y7aUBWgC9UY/TtKjnZlHPSI/AAAAAAAAA-4/0WFh30P-hQ8/s912/PB260082.JPG

Village of the damed. Cue the 'one horse town' joke...
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ZGjVRilJGyo/TtKjqZQpo4I/AAAAAAAAA_I/vvVWRq2jOrk/s912/PB270084.JPG

Parking not a problem, downtown Village of the Damned..
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-vwOqcdxfgCA/TtKj55QBctI/AAAAAAAAA_g/LOiwX5_tbA0/s912/PB270087.JPG

Saturday night accomodation...
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Bgf9eEgI6IE/TtKjVkqsj2I/AAAAAAAAA-g/FyzNPkl8sqg/s912/PB260079.JPG

dino3310
28th November 2011, 09:40
shock, awe, wonder and a little bit of you-guys-are-nutters :yes:

so ya met MXNUT then :rofl:

dino3310
28th November 2011, 09:47
:brick::bash::angry2::brick::angry2::angry2:
bugga bugga bugga another primo ride missed and there was a jump on this one to:violin:
plus i didnt have enough beer to compinsate:cry:
ohwell:whocares:

:laugh:

fantastic guys & gals, looks like the Naki lads came through again.
Keep those photos coming:corn:

whens the Trail ride Phill? My BRP's gagging for some action.

GLG
28th November 2011, 17:26
thank's for a great ride and good company. thank's for the bed on friday night collin , has your son finished the refreshment's yet lol .

That looks like fun
28th November 2011, 17:46
He is working his way through it :drinkup:
He wants to know when you are coming visiting again :facepalm:
Glad everyone enjoyed themselves and that we provided enough entertainment for you :woohoo:
Whanga Jail seemed to bring the errant into line :spanking:
Always a bed here for you, no doubt Phil Mike and myself and (any other fool :crazy: who wants to) will be out exploring and plotting the next Naki ride. so stay in touch fool :love:

Shewolf
28th November 2011, 17:47
some vid bits

http://youtu.be/LRKBnzbXDC4

Phreaky Phil
28th November 2011, 19:09
some vid bits

http://youtu.be/LRKBnzbXDC4
THATS A COOL VIDEO:clap::clap::clap:

NordieBoy
28th November 2011, 19:22

Looking stylie on the Mighty mighty DR.

Phreaky Phil
28th November 2011, 19:46
Looking stylie on the Mighty mighty DR.Well thankyou. 1100km and counting. Engine sounds rattly when cold. Guy who assembled the motor said that will be due to a combo of HUGE piston, It being a forged piston and having generous clearances being aircooled. Sounds ok hot. Goes good:woohoo: Will confirm with Procycle that this is normal.

dino3310
28th November 2011, 20:04

gotta agree... cool Vid
primo sound track too:Punk:.... nice change from the common hillbilly sound tracks:laugh:

Taz
28th November 2011, 20:56
Well thankyou. 1100km and counting. Engine sounds rattly when cold. Guy who assembled the motor said that will be due to a combo of HUGE piston, It being a forged piston and having generous clearances being aircooled. Sounds ok hot. Goes good:woohoo: Will confirm with Procycle that this is normal.

My 640 engine is rattly when cold and rattly when hot, Damn it evens rattles when it's not running!

jafar
28th November 2011, 21:10
My 640 engine is rattly when cold and rattly when hot, Damn it evens rattles when it's not running!

Thats your teeth mate :cold:

young1
28th November 2011, 21:14
She Wolf that is a cool video, thank you for posting.

That looks like fun
29th November 2011, 04:55
Awesome Vid :Punk:
A chocolate fish to whoever is first to spot which tunnel she missed though :shifty:

Shewolf
29th November 2011, 05:53
the last and best one :facepalm::cry:

Awesome Vid :Punk:
A chocolate fish to whoever is first to spot which tunnel she missed though :shifty:

alane
1st December 2011, 22:56
Alane my apologies, I did not recognize you yesterday. It was great that you came out to Whangamomona and I am glad that the flat tyre got you home.

Mike

My wife rekons it,s time I got a haircut.:facepalm:

I guess this proves it. :blink:

No need to apologise Mike. --Enjoyed those pics. etc.:woohoo:

And---Thanks Colin ,for showing us some of the places,where you spent your younger days.:laugh:

Rosie
2nd December 2011, 15:34
We got a look at the mountain from Phil's place in the morning

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3165.jpg

Girls in white, boys in orange…

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3166.jpg

The Bertrand Rd Bridge

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3169a.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3170.jpg

Exploring the stock tunnel

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3172.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3173.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3175.jpg

Phil wearing appropriate PPE for enclosed work

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3176.jpg

Even better views of the mountain on our way to Stratford. (I get very excited about being able to see all of Mt Taranaki, can you tell?)

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3183.jpg

Doing my stint as cornerman

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3186.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3187.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3188.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3189.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3190.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3191.jpg

Not all the tunnels we went through were man-made: A limestone tunnel on someone’s driveway just off the Awakino gorge.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3193.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3194.jpg

The colourful cabins at the seaview holiday park, and the bikes sheltering from the wind.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3196.jpg

View of the sea, and the sand trap behind the cabin.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3197.jpg

Prime real estate in Ohura

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3198.jpg

And some real horsepower

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3199.jpg

Clint and Gary being boys…

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3203.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3204.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3205.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3206.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3208.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3209.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3210.jpg

A cool gravel road… somewhere in Taranaki… (maybe I should turn the GPS on so I can identify my photos)

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3215.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3216.jpg

Dawn thought the DR could have done with a few more ponies. The pony wasn’t so sure.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/Kawa_Rosie/Kiwibiker%20rides/IMG_3217.jpg

MXNUT
27th January 2013, 12:23
Its about time we had another visit to the NAKI.:innocent::innocent::innocent:

So Colin, Phil - Mike what have you got planned for us.:blank:
Another CAMP ride or perhaps another LIQUFACTION tour.:doh:

Waiting with baited breath :bleh:

young1
27th January 2013, 20:26
Ha Ha, Phil is sitting in front of me right now......

Phreaky Phil
28th January 2013, 16:29
i've got a cunning plan:blink:

That looks like fun
28th January 2013, 18:31
Piss off, I am busy :innocent:
Bugger, just found out about Phil's cunning plan..................................mutter mutter mutter

We have some unused portions of the Liquifaction tour that are calling to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:shifty:
Alright ya buggers start working on your leave passe's, we will make it happen :woohoo:

Tallyho chaps, off you go then, I'm off for a spot of iced tea, have fun :bleh:

MXNUT
29th January 2013, 12:04
i've got a cunning plan:blink:

I knew that someone would :laugh: