PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki GSXR250 woes!

Brownee
5th October 2011, 22:01
Hey all
Im having trouble with my bike. its only sparking intermittantly - itl fire fine about 4 times then nothing.
Ive changed the plugs, leads, coils, checked the compression and balanced the carbs just in case. ive swapped out the 'brain' thingee from another wrecked bike that was running but still no joy. the local bike mechanic is stumped aswell.

would anyone at all have any ideas what the problem could be? its been off the road for most of winter now and understandably im getting sick of it.

cheers for any help at all, much appreciated!

Sable
6th October 2011, 00:46
How does one balance carbs without a running engine? If you've changed all the important stuff and you're sure it all works the next thing to do would be to look for broken wires, shorts, rubbed through insulation, stuffed connectors etc. Have you tried bump starting it?

Brownee
6th October 2011, 13:24
How does one balance carbs without a running engine? If you've changed all the important stuff and you're sure it all works the next thing to do would be to look for broken wires, shorts, rubbed through insulation, stuffed connectors etc. Have you tried bump starting it?

yep tried roll starts. the carbs are off another gsxr250 that was running. thanks. ive checked the wiring best i can - i'd assume the bike shop did the same and no luck there. theres heaps of the stuff though so could have missed something...