PDA

View Full Version : New in Auckland

bazinga
7th October 2011, 16:07
Hi,
I'm French and here since a month, for working hollidays.
I had to sale my motorbike for this travel, so I miss motorbikes.

So I will try to understand the kiwi bikers language.

see you

Madness
7th October 2011, 16:39
Welcome to New Zealand & the mad house that is KiwiBiker. What was your bike that you sold?

bazinga
7th October 2011, 16:53
I had this one: ER5

http://i41.servimg.com/u/f41/16/21/10/99/p1070010.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=58&u=16211099)

it's a very good one for beginners like me, I had my license since more than one year.

Grumpy
7th October 2011, 18:15
Howdy. Welcome. Here's hoping this lovely country of ours makes your sacrifice worth it. Enjoy your time with us.

bazinga
7th October 2011, 18:23
thank you:)

JustNick
7th October 2011, 18:28
It's such an awesome word "bazinga", it always brings a smile to my face thinking of Sheldon popping up from the ball pit "bazinga" in Big Bang Theory.

bazinga
7th October 2011, 19:03
yeah!
nice to meet someone who likes it too!

So I watched it again :D

if someone doesn't knows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skQGve3XksU

V

baptist
7th October 2011, 21:41
Howdy. Welcome. Here's hoping this lovely country of ours makes your sacrifice worth it. Enjoy your time with us.

thank you:)

Not too much joy.... just yet.... got a game tomorrow 248140 :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Gremlin
8th October 2011, 02:49
So I will try to understand the kiwi bikers language.
I strongly recommend you don't try to understand this madhouse... but welcome :wavey:

YellowDog
8th October 2011, 05:35
You're in luck!

All Kiwis L O V E :love: French ladies :)

Welcome to Kiwibiker :chase:

quattro
8th October 2011, 07:29
How can you come to NZ and not get a bike?! I've been here less than a week and I think I have one sorted. I'm Irish and here on a WHV, too.

bazinga
8th October 2011, 10:04
Aha, I would like have a motorbike here, but... you know: money

what do you doing with your WHV?

Owl
8th October 2011, 10:13
All Kiwis L O V E :love: French ladies :)

Dominique Prieur?:shutup:

quattro
8th October 2011, 13:47
Aha, I would like have a motorbike here, but... you know: money

what do you doing with your WHV?

Well I've just arrived so I'll have a good look around before I find a job to settle into for a while. Definitely more H than W as far as I can.

What's your plan? Will you be in Auckland for a while?

bazinga
9th October 2011, 13:57
I'm a nanny for a year near Auckland.
At this time I visit north when I can and during summer holidays I would like to go for few days in south Island.

Which type of job do you looking for?

quattro
9th October 2011, 21:26
I'm a nanny for a year near Auckland.
At this time I visit north when I can and during summer holidays I would like to go for few days in south Island.

Which type of job do you looking for?

I'm not sure. I've done different things from general construction to office / admin but I'll see what comes up. It would be fun to try something new. I might just end up working in a petrol station though!

Won't nannying pay enough to buy a nice bike?

Thanks for beating the English in the rugby:niceone:

bazinga
10th October 2011, 18:41
Good luck for your researches:msn-wink:

No, nannying won't pay enough, I'm saving some money for my come back in France for a new one.

Yeah, I was in Eden Park for this game It was awesome!
I hope a final game between All blacks and Bleus. :wings:

Maha
10th October 2011, 18:54

No, nannying won't pay enough, I'm saving some money for my come back in France for a new one.

Be sure to look out for any of the two Auckland Learner rides..a great way to meet people while having a shit load of fun at the same time.

baptist
11th October 2011, 09:59
I'm not sure. I've done different things from general construction to office / admin but I'll see what comes up. It would be fun to try something new. I might just end up working in a petrol station though!

Won't nannying pay enough to buy a nice bike?

Thanks for beating the English in the rugby:niceone:

My Welsh half is :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for beating your lot!!!!!!
My English half is wondering why we left the team at Heathrow...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: heavy drinking in breweries spring to mind...

I was at Eden Park as well ... not so enjoyable.... but mind yourself the Welsh can actually play the game...:facepalm:

Anyway I hope you both get your wheels sorted and get out on the roads, summers coming :woohoo:... bazinga even West Auckland has some great roads to ride on... just be careful further up on SH16, they take quite a few licences away on that road ...:facepalm:

quattro
11th October 2011, 22:42
Be sure to look out for any of the two Auckland Learner rides..a great way to meet people while having a shit load of fun at the same time.

Any point in grizzled and gnarled ol' me heading out with the learner's? I've just picked up my XJR and driving here still seems a bit weird!! I was thinking I might pick up some NZ specific stuff?

Good luck for your researches:msn-wink: No, nannying won't pay enough, I'm saving some money for my come back in France for a new one

You're no fun!! Buy one here and you can always sell it before you go.

Yeah, I was in Eden Park for this game It was awesome! I hope a final game between All blacks and Bleus. :wings:

Where would my loyalies lie??? My neighbours from back home or my current hosts?

bazinga
2nd November 2011, 11:26
Anyway I hope you both get your wheels sorted and get out on the roads, summers coming :woohoo:... bazinga even West Auckland has some great roads to ride on... just be careful further up on SH16, they take quite a few licences away on that road ...:facepalm:

thanks :msn-wink: but with the family 4 by 4 I don't go so fast :innocent: