PDA

View Full Version : Auckland 250 ONLY ride

R6_kid
14th July 2005, 00:29
ALL RIGHT THEN! HERE IS THE PLAN (edit: PLANNED ROUTE AND MEETING POINT CHANGED)

DATE IS THIS SATURDAY 23rd OF JULY
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF MEETING PLACE AND DESTINATION

WE WILL NOW MEET AT SHELL WESTGATE READY TO LEAVE FOR 11PM.

DESTINATIONS WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
SHELL - MURIWHAI - KAUKAPAKAPA - WARKWORTH - SILVERDALE - EAST COAST ROAD

This is due to the current conditions on Scenic Drive being apparently very very shit and not good for learner riders. As this is a ride for learners/250's/newbies i would prefer that we enjoy our time and as such would rather avoid Scenic Drive purely because of the risk of binning it.

The ride has also been shortened as i have been advised that the previous 400km+ ride is simply too long for inexperienced riders to cope with.

Other more experienced 250 riders are more than welcome to break off and follow the previously planned route if they feel the need too. :yes: :ride:
PACE: SLOWish - MEDIUM
If you have any questions PM me or text me on 0272532246. If you txt me tell me your alias on here or i wont have a clue who you are :weird:

will stop for lunch somewhere along the way.

BAD WEATHER ALTERNATE WILL BE SUNDAY THE 24th or postponed til the next weekend.
I WILL POST AT 9PM WHETHER I INTEND TO GO AHEAD AND DO THE RIDE

HERES THE MAP OF WHERE IT STARTS, SHELL IS JUST EAST OF TITIRANGI SHOPS (http://www.wises.co.nz/map/default.asp?street=SCENIC+Drive&suburb=TITIRANGI&town=Auckland&sttype=&id=59346|2&svctype=1&zoom=3&mapwhich=0&mapsize=3&width=640&height=640&businesses=1&brad=25&color=-1&filled=0&routemethod=0&s_id=&radius=&a=0&e=2657640&n=6472360&move=true&zoomin=true)

justsomeguy
14th July 2005, 00:53
I'm in with a big bloody grin :D

And please lets have more twisties than straights - I'm useless after 130......uh.... more useless than I normally am......

justsomeguy
14th July 2005, 01:11
I'll keep it in 1st to give you a chance ;), just kidding you can ride dude - dont be so modest.

Awww.....:o thanks man.. :2thumbsup

Still need to work on my lines......hopefully someone can give me some tuition....

Antallica
14th July 2005, 07:16
Sadly I won't be gracing you with my <b>ass</b>ence.

Fuckers!

HDTboy
14th July 2005, 07:54
dunno, mebbe, got other stuffI need to spend my dough on

placidfemme
14th July 2005, 08:02
Sounds like a good idea... I'll be keen, but can only confirm it closer to the date...

placidfemme
14th July 2005, 08:21
4 zxrs man would that excite me! :D

Thats excites me too :) If we do it I'll bring along a camera (not a digital one) and get shots of us all and stuff :)

parsley
14th July 2005, 08:49
Lets just put some ideas forward in the meantime and set a date aiming for next weekend 23/24th july.
I have to be in Hamilton on Saturday evening, but I should be able to make it for part of the day.

R6_kid
14th July 2005, 11:44
shall we make it on the saturday then. John you gonna trek down from whangarei? What you mean bout lakes...

I think we could go titirangi - scencic - west to muriwhai - coatesville riverhead - silverdale - east coast road?

Not the best route but we get to include scenic, have some good pic ops at muriwhai then some fun across coatesville and down east coast rd.

As for the thing about lines, next time your out justsomeguy find keystone19, she's on the vtr250 with the givi screen, i normally tag behind her coz she takes really nice lines.

Keystone19
14th July 2005, 11:59
Yeah, but I'm not on a ZXR so I might not keep up with you guys...

:rofl: :rofl:

placidfemme
14th July 2005, 12:04
Yeah, but I'm not on a ZXR so I might not keep up with you guys...

:rofl: :rofl:

If they hold it on a Saturday, I might not be able to go (work :(), but if I can I'll ride with you Keystone19, don't mind not hooning it :) The route that they're described is a busy section and more than likely will be a few coppers waiting to full thier quotas... by the time we go past the boys will have fulled the cops nice and plenty :) heheheh

justsomeguy
14th July 2005, 12:06
shall we make it on the saturday then. John you gonna trek down from whangarei? What you mean bout lakes...

I think we could go titirangi - scencic - west to muriwhai - coatesville riverhead - silverdale - east coast road?

Not the best route but we get to include scenic, have some good pic ops at muriwhai then some fun across coatesville and down east coast rd.

As for the thing about lines, next time your out justsomeguy find keystone19, she's on the vtr250 with the givi screen, i normally tag behind her coz she takes really nice lines.

Yeah - will try to stay behind Jill - But not on scenic drive I wont:devil2:

And :Oi: the name is Scenic Drive - please respectfully refer to it with its full name Scenic Drive

.........awwww cheenic dwive - :love:you know I love you---oooohh yes I doo--- aren't you a cutesy wootsy little road --yes you are--yes you are:yes:

justsomeguy
14th July 2005, 12:09

Hey Gareth - this is the 23rd of July yeah???

Could you please update the first post with big letters and stuff.......

and could you also please add it to the calendar section.

And could we please return via scenic drive too?????? PLEEEEAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEE

placidfemme
14th July 2005, 12:09
.........awwww cheenic dwive - :love:you know I love you---oooohh yes I doo--- aren't you a cutesy wootsy little road --yes you are--yes you are:yes:

:rofl: lol you need to find a few more roads to ride on...

*never been on "cheenic dwive" before*

justsomeguy
14th July 2005, 12:23
:rofl: lol you need to find a few more roads to ride on...

*never been on "cheenic dwive" before*

Well it's the only road within half an hour of my house that I can manage to do a quick after work blat on.

I've been going there about once or twice a week for the past 5 years - Mostly in my car and for the past 5 months on my bike.

Don't smoke or drink - I find one lap of cheenic dwive cures any stress I have - especially at night - when it's pitch black - so peaceful and there's no cages:ride:

However I'm still wayyyyy faster in a car..... so I ain't that great....

crashe
14th July 2005, 13:14
i wanna organise a 250 (or less) only ride. Would be better if your on a ZXR or CBR so we can make a fucking racket. Lets just put some ideas forward in the meantime and set a date aiming for next weekend 23/24th july.

so what day is best for you and where do you wanna head. If we get a good days weather im keen for Hwy16 up to cowcop and thru onto wellsford then up to mangawhai for lunch. Or that kaiaua ride again.

Well that leaves me out then... :no: cos I got a quiet bike and its a cruiser.

So you all have fun.....

Motoracer
14th July 2005, 13:16
Oi Bruce, you should go on this. You gotta going ZXR 2 fiddy don't ya? :devil2:

Coyote
14th July 2005, 13:50
Argh, why does it always have to be in Auckland?

R6_kid
14th July 2005, 13:55
lol dont get your undies in a twist JSG its just a basic description!!!

keystone you got power in the twisties and i dont normally break 130 for most of my riding so you'll be up there for sure - you gonna come along?

would love to see bruce there but im sure he'll leave us behind.

This is gonna be my last ride before i get a new front tyre.

Oh yeh, JSG this is just a speccy to see what people want to do... nothing set for the meantime. I want as many two fiddys to come out so we'll find best day then preferred route. And if possible i want to plan it start-finish so we dont end up splitting up in all directions like on sunday.

R6_kid
14th July 2005, 13:56
Argh, why does it always have to be in Auckland?

coz im in auckland and im planning it. And its where cool people on kawasakis live :devil2:

but feel free to do a road trip up. your on school holidays man... the road is yer uh.... oyster :wait:

R6_kid
14th July 2005, 14:20
john - whats going down now?

justsomeguy
14th July 2005, 14:48
Oh yeh, JSG this is just a speccy to see what people want to do... nothing set for the meantime. I want as many two fiddys to come out so we'll find best day then preferred route. And if possible i want to plan it start-finish so we dont end up splitting up in all directions like on sunday.

I know you're just sending your signals out at the moment- no worries :niceone:

The route you've come up with is a rather good route, there is nothing majorly challenging or out of the ordinary there.

So you want to see what people want huh?? Well OK then.......

*starts waiting*

R6_kid
14th July 2005, 15:33
So you want to see what people want huh?? Well OK then.......

*starts waiting*
dont you start being a cunt too :motu:

I'll give it til monday then i'll start confirming things.

Looking like its gonna be saturday at the moment however.

Devil
14th July 2005, 16:09
Hopefully my camchain and tensioner turn up in time, otherwise there'll be plenty of rattle to go with the buzz :D

Keystone19
14th July 2005, 16:11
[QUOTE=gareth_d]

keystone you got power in the twisties and i dont normally break 130 for most of my riding so you'll be up there for sure - you gonna come along?

QUOTE]

:no:

I would come if I could, unfortunately I have a date with some very fast skis and some snow. I'll be there next time though, don't you worry about that! :yes:

aff-man
14th July 2005, 18:20
Anyone wanna lend me a 250 :devil2: :devil2:

Bloody elitists :rofl: :rofl:

XTC
14th July 2005, 18:26
Does a single cylinder 600 count as a 250 multi?? :spudwhat:

Mr Skid
14th July 2005, 18:37
Does a single cylinder 600 count as a 250 multi?? :spudwhat:You'd need to take a spark plug lead off to make it fair..

awesker
14th July 2005, 19:56
Ill come!! Sounds mint. Where would we meet?

HDTboy
14th July 2005, 20:24
Anyone wanna lend me a 250 :devil2: :devil2:

Bloody elitists :rofl: :rofl:
sweet as, just beware the bald patch in the middle of the rear tyre

parsley
14th July 2005, 22:36
I dont have any forks :( Looks like I wont be making it :(
No worries - just wheelie the whole trip! :devil2:

R6_kid
14th July 2005, 23:07
stink! was hoping keystone would be there... enjoy the snow.

as for meeting place... would meet at either BP hobsonville or Shell Westgate for the shore ppl. Then meet everyone at titirangi end of scenic drive... i think there is a gasser just back from the intersection... tristan?

pace wont be incredibly quick so you newbies should be fine. Im just hoping there arent too many cages out on the road.

John if you wanna make it a weekend thing and maybe attend a ride on the sunday (if there is one) you're welcome to stay at my place... got a bit of garage space if you dont want ur bike outside with mine and a spare bed for you and the gimp (are you one and the same)

justsomeguy
14th July 2005, 23:39
stink! was hoping keystone would be there... enjoy the snow.

as for meeting place... would meet at either BP hobsonville or Shell Westgate for the shore ppl. Then meet everyone at titirangi end of scenic drive... i think there is a gasser just back from the intersection... tristan?

Uh... better not meet at Shell Westgate......unless you have to

Cos shell westgate is pretty much near the other end of Scenic Drive

Scenic Drive starts in Titirangi and ends near don buck road thats near the Shell Westgate - so we would be going the whole way and basically coming back again.... if you guys are cool with that.... then thats cool..

How bout meeting at Shell Greenbay?? That's very close to the start of Scenic drive in Titirangi..... or the people meeting in Titirangi could meet there.....

aff-man
14th July 2005, 23:44
sweet as, just beware the bald patch in the middle of the rear tyre

I don't use that part of the tyre :devil2: :devil2:

Cept when doing wheelies :Punk:

R6_kid
14th July 2005, 23:55
Uh... better not meet at Shell Westgate......unless you have to

Cos shell westgate is pretty much near the other end of Scenic Drive

Scenic Drive starts in Titirangi and ends near don buck road thats near the Shell Westgate

if you look on a map the start and finish is about 3-4km apart. we'd meet there coz its start of the motorway - go to te atatu and across its the fastest way to titirangi from the north. :yes:

there is a gasser just back from the titirangi end though right?

justsomeguy
15th July 2005, 00:10
if you look on a map the start and finish is about 3-4km apart. we'd meet there coz its start of the motorway - go to te atatu and across its the fastest way to titirangi from the north. :yes:

Oh I see... sorry didn't know that...

there is a gasser just back from the titirangi end though right?

Yes, there is. But it's rather small... However I'm sure we'll manage to fit in there.:yes:

Cool - looks like things are shaping up now :)

How long do you wish the ride to be?? Any thoughts on where we'd be having lunch??

N4CR
15th July 2005, 00:11
Yeah there is a gasser about.... 300m away from the roundabout where the glorious scenic drive goes off to. Shell. Yellow. Westie.

Darn im keen for this.

Cheeky bastard :devil2:

placidfemme
15th July 2005, 07:58
So Aff-Man are you doing the ride?

*might not be able to make it cos I gotta work Saturdays... but if I pull five 11 hour days I should be fine...*

*will wait until it's confirmed*

FROSTY
15th July 2005, 08:07
hmm maybee if I pull 3 spark plug leads off the ol XJ Ill have me a two fiddy

Lucyloo
15th July 2005, 08:31
Well that leaves me out then... :no: cos I got a quiet bike and its a cruiser.

So you all have fun.....

Come on Crashe, I'll go if you go...we can bring up the rear!

Luce.

placidfemme
15th July 2005, 08:33
Come on Crashe, I'll go if you go...we can bring up the rear!

Luce.

Yeah! That would be kewl! Come on Crashe...

*now has to make a plan to make the ride* lol

Jeremy
15th July 2005, 09:49
Sunday is better for me as I've got work on saturday till about 10am. But otherwise I'll endevour to come.

R6_kid
15th July 2005, 10:13
yeh, c'mon crashe... would love to have you along.

OK I'll make it a late -ish start. Meet at 10 at Hobsonville BP for the North Shore riders

10.30/45 leave titirangi end of scenic.... 1/2hr at decent pace to ranui/swanson... then mill our way through urban westie land to the motorway... head up 16 to waimauku-ish area then hang a left to muriwhai going along the coast to come down over the cliffs (personal fave) then down to muriwhai for lunch.

By this time it should about 12-12.30 ish

After this take the twistie part up the hill VERY CAREFULLY coz the surface is A1 SHITE...

from here we have two options...

1./ head back down to old north road and cut across to riverhead... from there across coatesville-riverhead hiway to albany highway norht (i think) it ends up being able to go to silverdale... then link up with east coast road and head back down to the north shore and onwards to home... this bit is about 45min - 1hr

OR

2./ Old north - kaukapakapa - wellsford and possibly to mangawhai... i think this is about 1 1/2 hours + 15min to mangawhai. Then home on the highway - east coast road from silverdale... finishing up late-ish probably towards 4 or 5pm.

personally if the weather is sweet then i'd be keen on the second option. Might be able to leave the start time to 11 if need be. Im not really fussed... i might have a hangover to deal with first :Punk:

what do y'all think?

R6_kid
15th July 2005, 10:16
hmm maybee if I pull 3 spark plug leads off the ol XJ Ill have me a two fiddy

Uncle frosty is more than welcome... with all spark plugs if need be. I mean for fucks sake you've got nearly 5,000 posts. Dont you have work to do or something :devil2: how long HAVE you been here :weird:

HDTboy
15th July 2005, 10:31
I don't use that part of the tyre :devil2: :devil2:

Cept when doing wheelies :Punk:
Sweet as then, PM me and we'll sort it out

justsomeguy
15th July 2005, 10:57
OR

2./ Old north - kaukapakapa - wellsford and possibly to mangawhai... i think this is about 1 1/2 hours + 15min to mangawhai. Then home on the highway - east coast road from silverdale... finishing up late-ish probably towards 4 or 5pm.

personally if the weather is sweet then i'd be keen on the second option.

what do y'all think?

Sounds Good - I'm favouring two too, unless there's a rain storm or something....

Only been to Muriwai twice and that too over a year ago in a cage- look forward to it.

Someone please bring a camera.

And hey Crashe - Please don't say no right away - please decide later on if you want to come depending on how you feel?? It may be a bit demanding though......for as you know the roads are a lot tighter than last time.

R6_kid
15th July 2005, 15:30
speed wise crashe and any other cruiser should be sweet, its just through the corners. I'll have someone stop at each intersection where we turnoff.

Brett
16th July 2005, 20:50
Count me in!

awesker
16th July 2005, 21:05
Fark Im looking forward to this, weather better be good! :mad: Not many cibby's but thats all good!

How many people are we looking at getting all up?

Zapf
17th July 2005, 00:00
can I come on my cibbie fourhundy? :weird:

aff-man
17th July 2005, 01:11
Sweet as then, PM me and we'll sort it out

Sweet well i'll see what the non 250's are doing next weekend but if it's nothing i might just take you up on that offer..... Either that or i can buy myseld a dunna 250 for like $300 hahahahaha

Sutage
17th July 2005, 14:33
haha ill prob come on my nice sr250, currently working on making it faster, going pretty good atm:P
yeh if any westies wanna go we could meet like
new lynn warehouse carpark?
orrrrrr new lynn bakers delight and get a pizza roll always good
oh is my sr250 welcome? its not a sportsbike:(

XD~
17th July 2005, 16:55
im keen as a been ill hopefully be able to sort out some new tyres this week cause mine are a little smothe, how long do they take to change?? maby i can do it during the week.

but yea clarify time/place and ill be there

just dont leave me behind :cry:

myvice
17th July 2005, 17:53
Scenic Drives ok but if you ever want to try a REAL road head south.
I'll understand if you'r a bit nervous, fast windy roads more than 3k's long can have that effect. :devil2:

justsomeguy
17th July 2005, 18:39
Scenic Drives ok but if you ever want to try a REAL road head south.
:devil2:

What's this road called...... and Scenic Drive is not just OK - it's the best damn road in the world..... yes it is- yes it is -yes it is:yes:

No I'm not a total idiot - just a partial idiot......

myvice
17th July 2005, 18:58
I could tell you, but you wouldnt belive me...
If your ever up for 4-500ks one day let me know.
Tis hard on a 250 tho... And your bike will suffer, so will your backside!
I know a nice little link to SH22, on to Raglin, very odd loop round to Mirandar (sp?) Twistys back to Clevdon...
And yes, you can go through The Kopu's if you want a little more!
Tis a long day, and you will be in pain,
Make pain your friend!
The grin takes 5-8 days to subside.
And I'm on a 250 bandit! Easy pray for you! :devil2:

justsomeguy
17th July 2005, 19:01
I could tell you, but you wouldnt belive me...
If your ever up for 4-500ks one day let me know.
Tis hard on a 250 tho... And your bike will suffer, so will your backside!
I know a nice little link to SH22, on to Raglin, very odd loop round to Mirandar (sp?) Twistys back to Clevdon...
And yes, you can go through The Kopu's if you want a little more!
Tis a long day, and you will be in pain,
Make pain your friend!
The grin takes 5-8 days to subside.
And I'm on a 250 bandit! Easy pray for you! :devil2:

I;m in - maybe sometime in mid -late August or maybe even early September though....got too much to do till then......

Don't know about you being easy prey...... I've only been riding for just over 6 months... gonna get my restricted soon as I'm gonna hit 6 months of legal riding in a few days......

And I'm a slow to slower-medium paced rider ...

myvice
17th July 2005, 19:28
I;m in - maybe sometime in mid -late August or maybe even early September though....got too much to do till then......

Don't know about you being easy prey...... I've only been riding for just over 6 months... gonna get my restricted soon as I'm gonna hit 6 months of legal riding in a few days......

And I'm a slow to slower-medium paced rider ...
Me? slow as a wet week, ask anyone.
Slower than a herd of turtles wading through peanut butter I am!
I have to leave home yesterday to get to work tomorrow I'm so slow!
Old people in zimmer frames pass me at speed!
Anyway, speed is relative.

justsomeguy
17th July 2005, 19:36
Me? slow as a wet week, ask anyone.
Slower than a herd of turtles wading through peanut butter I am!
I have to leave home yesterday to get to work tomorrow I'm so slow!
Old people in zimmer frames pass me at speed!
Anyway, speed is relative.

heheheheh:rofl:

Turn up on Sat and we'll see how slow you really are......:ride:

myvice
17th July 2005, 19:46
What! I'd have to leave now!
Love to but have plans, sorry, you'll have to find out another time :yes:
Yay, 150 posts!

R6_kid
18th July 2005, 15:48
sweetas looks like its option two after we've done scenic drive and muriwhai. Will make start time 11 at titirangi.

Tyres take best part of an hour to do if you go to cycletreads in barry's point road. Tell them your a kiwibiker and they'll treat you pretty good too. Gimme a text if you want to know where its at dude.

Artifice
18th July 2005, 15:58
tell them your a loony and ride around in a tutu and they'll still give you good service.

Ixion
18th July 2005, 16:07
Tyres take best part of an hour to do if you go to cycletreads in barry's point road. Tell them your a kiwibiker and they'll treat you pretty good too. Gimme a text if you want to know where its at dude.

tell them your a loony and ride around in a tutu and they'll still give you good service

Well, often as not, it's the same thing isn't it :devil2:

R6_kid
18th July 2005, 22:14
you guys are :weird:

Cibby
18th July 2005, 23:47
guys this is gonna be awesome, count me in, cant wait etc etc...

oh and to the other guy with the Cibby the same collour as mine (white, red & blue) see you there mate!!!!!!! cant miss me.. haha :Punk:

R6_kid
19th July 2005, 12:25
score! good to see you found us :devil2: tis gonna be a show down between zxrs and cbrs. (with jsg out the back on the ZZR :p ) looking forward to this guys. Will edit in the details on the first post and put it up in events soon.

Just so you know you dont have to come for the whole ride and there are more than enough opportunities to drop off and go home without to much hassle of finding your way back.

justsomeguy
19th July 2005, 12:29
(with jsg out the back on the ZZR :p )

:sneaky2: .................

R6_kid
19th July 2005, 12:41
you said it yourself :Punk: lol... its not your fault your two cylinders down... and im about 30-40kg up on you but im still faster :rofl:

justsomeguy
19th July 2005, 14:01
Is nothing to do with the bike... it's the loose nut on top.

Dveus on his slower GSX250 keeps up with Gixxer 6hundies......

One of these days I gotta learn to ride.....:oi-grr:

Oh well - every group needs a tail end charlie.....:ride:

EDIT : I'm trying to get a new rear tyre as my current one is pretty much bald and has a few scary scrapes.... I really, really don't wanna miss this ride:no:

Cibby
19th July 2005, 16:56
[QUOTE=gareth_d]score! good to see you found us :devil2: tis gonna be a show down between zxrs and cbrs. (with jsg out the back on the ZZR :p ) looking forward to this guys. Will edit in the details on the first post and put it up in events soon.

Yeah and ofcourse the Cibbys are gonna kick ass.. ;o) got my brake fixed today, turns out my front break had two pins on the things that squeeze my breaks pads (excuse the technical lingo, i'm a newbie) so the boys at Cyclespot hooked me up in an hour this arvo so i am all set,

It is a total bonus knowing that i can now stop if necessary... :rofl:

Actually on that note, rode to work today for the first time, in the bad weather, and because i was favouring my back break, i locked the wheel :weird: as only a newbie can, and skidded for ages, it was awesome.. haha MINT :Punk:

John
19th July 2005, 17:00
Hope y'all have a good ride, wont be making it - make sure to keep it all controlled and dont try keep up with the guy in front if you cant, Dont want to spark another thread about newbies again... that was a nightmare.

Take care.

parsley
19th July 2005, 18:17
Can somebody post this on the calendar with the meeting times and whatnot? I've lost track of what's happening (either old age or the alcohol). :weird:

HDTboy
19th July 2005, 19:14
Hope y'all have a good ride, wont be making it - make sure to keep it all controlled and dont try keep up with the guy in front if you cant, Dont want to spark another thread about newbies again... that was a nightmare.

Take care.
Bike in bits again?

R6_kid
19th July 2005, 21:07
okay, first thread has been edited and its all in the calendar with an "im attending thingy"

heres the link to the calendar (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=attend&e=532)

NORTH SHORE PEOPLE I WILL BE AT HOBSONVILLE BP UNTIL 10.15 txt me if you want to meet there. 0272532246 I will only wait til 10.15 or until all that have text me arrive. I AM NOT GOING TO BE LATE FOR MY OWN RIDE :no:

aff-man
19th July 2005, 21:12
Bike in bits again?

Just a quick question why you lending out your bike???

it's not posessed is it?? :rofl:

HDTboy
19th July 2005, 21:23
You asked, and I'm too broke and have other stuff to do before I can afford a new rear tyre

justsomeguy
19th July 2005, 21:33
You asked, and I'm too broke and have other stuff to do before I can afford a new rear tyre

Hey I was just about to say that..........hopefully I can rectify the situation by Sat - or maybe I can't..........

HDTboy
19th July 2005, 21:41
I should be able to pass things when I fix my rear

awesker
19th July 2005, 22:30
guys this is gonna be awesome, count me in, cant wait etc etc...

oh and to the other guy with the Cibby the same collour as mine (white, red & blue) see you there mate!!!!!!! cant miss me.. haha :Punk:

Rock on man! HAH see you there :Punk: Looks like well have to show these guys what real bikes are .. those zxrs wont stand a chance :wait:

EDIT: Should we let you know we are coming?

aff-man
19th July 2005, 22:40
hmmmm never ridden a cbr250 before. What tyres you running at the moment??

N4CR
19th July 2005, 22:53
Cough... 'won't stand a chance.' Boy have you got something coming :devil2:

Hey hey guys this shouldn't be a race.... 500kms of riding, I don't think everyone should be pushing as fatigue comes into play here as well...

I (if I can afford to go :/) will most probably be just riding along and not pushing hard. Those last weeks before you can get your restricted are NOT good to get ticketed in... or any other time. Karma is a bitch so I will be careful.

Sutage, do you think you could give us an update on scenic drive before we go on it... like night before etc :D? Just incase there are some sort of obstructions or shitty road surface. Last time I was on there with Gareth there was roadworks :|

R6_kid
19th July 2005, 23:00
im gonna get off my ass and spec out how long it is soon. i know that from start of scenic to muriwhai is about 1hr, never got a time from oldnorth thru to kaukapakapa and on to wellsford. Depends how much we stop really. Last stint to muriwhai from wellsford is like 20mins and home from there is 1hr40tops (to north shore). so yeah i spose if we average 120kmh then its easily 300-400km.

As said its not a race, its just to get 250 riders out with other riders for some riding in a group riding experience. Sorry i got carried away there. :weird: but you get the point, we're just out to have fun and be seen in the community.

aff-man
20th July 2005, 08:53
Cough... 'won't stand a chance.' Boy have you got something coming :devil2:

there was roadworks :|

So then should i take up hdtboy's offer and borrow his cbr...... Then we can see. :devil2:

Dunno if i can make it as i might be putting a gixxer250 together or something but will know soonish i hope :Punk:

John
20th July 2005, 09:10
Bike in bits again?
nope, off to meet potential buyer ;)

HDTboy
20th July 2005, 10:23
It's got some dodgy bridgestones on it atm. I'm almost keen to ride it myself now that there's all this talk of rivalry. I'll have to see if i can afford a tyre

Devil
20th July 2005, 12:08
Dont think I'm going to be able to make it. Cam tensioner is getting worse, I have to take it off and put it back on before every ride.

bah.

aff-man
20th July 2005, 18:49
It's got some dodgy bridgestones on it atm. I'm almost keen to ride it myself now that there's all this talk of rivalry. I'll have to see if i can afford a tyre

BRIDGESTONES ARE NOT GOOD. Bang for buck i'd say go for sport demons but then i ran an mtr01 on the front and an mtr02 on the rear and they were f#@king brilliant. Rubber is the only thing holding you to the road and then it's usually only a patch of 2*5cm ish on each tyre. So good rubber keeps you rubber side down, learnt that the hard way :oi-grr: :oi-grr:

Anywho rivalry is all good :devil2: :devil2:

XD~
20th July 2005, 21:13
we need petrol station stop hahaha

i get about 200km off 1 tank and we are doing more than that on sat ~_~

what time do cycle treads close? maby i can get it all done after work that would be wicked

Jeremy
20th July 2005, 21:16
Crap, looks like I won't be able to come. Have fun peeps.

R6_kid
21st July 2005, 09:28
200km!!! on 91? Put in some 96 or 98 and you should get a good 250km+ out of your bike. I stretched the ZXR to 300km on 96 but only made it to 230 on 91. Theres a gasser at Kaukapakapa, wellsford and mangawhai so there will be no shortage of places to stop.

Cibby
21st July 2005, 10:34
Rock on man! HAH see you there :Punk: Looks like well have to show these guys what real bikes are .. those zxrs wont stand a chance :wait:

EDIT: Should we let you know we are coming?

mate you are so right.. hahaha honestly thou i think i'll probably be the slow one, but hay, at least i'll look good right?>????? :rofl:

Devil
21st July 2005, 11:05
BRIDGESTONES ARE NOT GOOD. Bang for buck i'd say go for sport demons but then i ran an mtr01 on the front and an mtr02 on the rear and they were f#@king brilliant. Rubber is the only thing holding you to the road and then it's usually only a patch of 2*5cm ish on each tyre. So good rubber keeps you rubber side down, learnt that the hard way :oi-grr: :oi-grr:

Anywho rivalry is all good :devil2: :devil2:
I dont want to give away my secrets here but ive found the BT45's better than the sport demons...

R6_kid
21st July 2005, 13:29
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF MEETING PLACE AND DESTINATION

WE WILL NOW MEET AT SHELL WESTGATE READY TO LEAVE FOR 11PM.

go to www.wises.co.nz and look for "HOBSONVILLE (INTERCHANGE)" Road
MASSEY WEST, AUCKLAND to see where you need to head.

This is due to the current conditions on Scenic Drive being apparently very very shit and not good for learner riders. As this is a ride for learners/250's/newbies i would prefer that we enjoy our time and as such would rather avoid Scenic Drive purely because of the risk of binning it.

The ride has also been shortened as i have been advised that the previous 400km+ ride is simply too long for inexperienced riders to cope with.

Other more experienced 250 riders are more than welcome to break off and follow the previously planned route if they feel the need too. :yes: :ride:

vifferman
21st July 2005, 14:04
As this is a ride for learners/250's/newbies
Can I come?
I used to be a newbie and I used to own a 250

back in 1977

I just know you're going to say "No". What about if I bring a lump on the back? Disconnect summat (handgrip heaters? accessory plug? headlight bulb?)
Put the zorst restrictor back in?

Huh??

Ixion
21st July 2005, 14:11
Can I come?
I used to be a newbie and I used to own a 250

back in 1977

I just know you're going to say "No". What about if I bring a lump on the back? Disconnect summat (handgrip heaters? accessory plug? headlight bulb?)
Put the zorst restrictor back in?

Huh??

Well , I'm still a learner. Have been learning for 40 years. Don't know much yet (Used to think I knew it all - then I learned a bit more and realsied I knew next to nothing) . *And* I own a 250 !.

justsomeguy
21st July 2005, 15:17
What's that?? Probs on that leeetle dwive???

I'm gonna go check it out...... see you in an hour.....:yes:

R6_kid
21st July 2005, 15:57
Ok people i scouted out the road suggested and to tell you the truth its more fun than the road to wellsford. It goes across kaipara flats to warkworth which takes you through some real nice bush and farmland. Apart from the odd truck and some shit on the road it was awesome fun. Some really tight twisties and tight ass road like you see no the rally thru the alps in europe.

Gonna be fun if the weather holds. Work beackons me so i must leave you.

Vifferman you are welcome to come if you really want too, Just be warned it is gonna be a kinda slow paced ride.

HDTboy
21st July 2005, 18:05
Vifferman you are welcome to come if you really want too, Just be warned it is gonna be a kinda slow paced ride.
yeah, look how many ZX2Rs are going

XD~
21st July 2005, 18:37
NOOOOOO

i cant come anymore while getting new tyres put on the front forks got cracked

dont ask me for details because i dont know them but im pritty sure replacement forks wont be ready for sat =\

i'm so gutted

HDTboy
21st July 2005, 18:42
John might have some spares

XTC
21st July 2005, 20:02
NOOOOOO

i cant come anymore while getting new tyres put on the front forks got cracked

dont ask me for details because i dont know them but im pritty sure replacement forks wont be ready for sat =\

i'm so gutted
Front forks cracked??? Where do you get your tyres fitted as I sure as hell don't want to take my bike there!

justsomeguy
21st July 2005, 20:40

Oh you bad boy:nono: .... talking naughty things about my sweety leetle woad......

I've just been down it and comforted it that you all are not going to be playing with it on Saturday. It has forgiven you and said that it will let you go this time:yes: especially as it doesn't want to scare any new riders...

However it has told me that unless you plan another ride down in the near future it will get very angry.

It is very sad that its big brother Mr 22 is slightly sick and damaged and has asked me to tell you all to give Mr 22 your best wishes...:ride:

EDIT : For all you dry humourless prunes this post is a bit of a pisstake......

PS : Gareth old fella...very good call on not subjecting newbies to "The Drive".... let them face it when they are a bit more relaxed on their bikes.

justsomeguy
21st July 2005, 20:58

Uh..... can somebody who's done these roads please tell me if I'll be able to return to Henderson by 3:30 pm??

It is very important that I do get to henderson by 3:30....

Thanks,
JSG

R6_kid
21st July 2005, 23:18
JSG did the ride today from my house - whenuapai - 16 - old north - kaukapakapa - warkworth road - SH1 - motorway and it took less than 2hrs total. So if you add in Muriwhai at a bout 45min -1hr on top and perhaps east coast road instead of motorway you should be back on west by 2pm-2.30 with good time to spare mate.

justsomeguy
21st July 2005, 23:22
JSG did the ride today from my house - whenuapai - 16 - old north - kaukapakapa - warkworth road - SH1 - motorway and it took less than 2hrs total. So if you add in Muriwhai at a bout 45min -1hr on top and perhaps east coast road instead of motorway you should be back on west by 2pm-2.30 with good time to spare mate.

Sheesh mate - you are coming up with roses..... :done:

Just replied to your PM...

Waylander
21st July 2005, 23:32
Hmm JSG asked the question and JSG did the ride, so why did you answere the question to JSG if he already knew? lol, I know I know you posted it so others would know I just thought it was silly.:whistle:

justsomeguy
21st July 2005, 23:35
Hmm JSG asked the question and JSG did the ride, so why did you answere the question to JSG if he already knew? lol, I know I know you posted it so others would know I just thought it was silly.:whistle:

Hehehehe there's a typo there big J...

He meant to say "JSG, I did the ride today..........."

Waylander
21st July 2005, 23:36
Hehehehe there's a typo there big J...

He meant to say "JSG, I did the ride today..........."
Figures, ohwell I got to have a bit of fun. Not so bored anymore.

Have fun on it guys (and gals) and be carefull, the roads seem to be falling appart everywhere lately.

justsomeguy
21st July 2005, 23:52
Well , I'm still a learner. Have been learning for 40 years. Don't know much yet (Used to think I knew it all - then I learned a bit more and realsied I knew next to nothing) . *And* I own a 250 !.

hey Ixion having an experienced rider there to show us newbies the lines, etc would be MOST EXCELLENT.

And your McGuyver skills too will be real handy to have.

justsomeguy
22nd July 2005, 00:00
IMPORTANT QUESTION:

Just in case -- is there anybody who will be in the area happy to provide a lift/trailer/etc to a bike in case there is a breakdown, etc.....

I'll be carrying a puncture kit and some tools, are there others out there carrying some tools and puncture repair kits??

And oh yeah guys and gals.... how are your:
1.Oil levels,
2.Chain tensions,
3.Tyre pressures,
4.Tyre tread depth and surfaces,
5.Brake fluid levels,
6.Brake pad thickness,
7.Any thing else ..... any funny noises or smells or rattles that you haven't accounted for??

R6_kid
22nd July 2005, 00:13
1.Oil levels, - just replaced -check
2.Chain tensions, - replaced a month ago - autotensioner - check
3.Tyre pressures, - right on PSI
4.Tyre tread depth and surfaces, - brand new - check
5.Brake fluid levels, - serviced - check
6.Brake pad thickness, - new - check
7.Any thing else ..... any funny noises or smells or rattles that you haven't accounted for?? - a few but they are insignificant

8. Fairings - pretty rungus but all there :devil2:
9. Neon lights - still there and bright as :Punk:
10. Loud as screaming aftermarket exhaust - OH YESSSS :ride:

awesker
22nd July 2005, 08:18
1.Oil levels, Fine just changed about 300k's ago
2.Chain tensions, Pretty good
3.Tyre pressures, Fine
4.Tyre tread depth and surfaces, Fine
5.Brake fluid levels, Fine
6.Brake pad thickness, Not to sure, feels good.. dont know how to check this.
7.Any thing else, Nope :yes:

Cibby
22nd July 2005, 11:44
IMPORTANT QUESTION:

Just in case -- is there anybody who will be in the area happy to provide a lift/trailer/etc to a bike in case there is a breakdown, etc.....

I'll be carrying a puncture kit and some tools, are there others out there carrying some tools and puncture repair kits??

1.Oil levels,
2.Chain tensions,
3.Tyre pressures,
4.Tyre tread depth and surfaces,
5.Brake fluid levels,
6.Brake pad thickness,
7.Any thing else ..... any funny noises or smells or rattles that you haven't accounted for??

Ok so...

1. No idea, assume ok
2. Dont know how ?? :whocares:
3. Ditto
4. Should be sweet, the guy at the bike shop said they were ok
5. Brake fluid.. Huh????
6. Just got them replaced on tuesday MINT
7. Sounds BEAUTIFUL.

oh dear.. i'm a shocker guys, i only got it like 4 weeks ago, just been serviced, should be all good.. Cant wait!!!!!!! Gareth, you wanna check my tires for me on saturday??? or at least teach me how.

yes i know i know.. blonde, female and a newbie, bad combination.. :weird: but hay.. all good. ;O) :rofl:

Waylander
22nd July 2005, 11:52
Ok so...

1. No idea, assume ok
2. Dont know how ?? :whocares:
3. Ditto
4. Should be sweet, the guy at the bike shop said they were ok
5. Brake fluid.. Huh????
6. Just got them replaced on tuesday MINT
7. Sounds BEAUTIFUL.

oh dear.. i'm a shocker guys, i only got it like 4 weeks ago, just been serviced, should be all good.. Cant wait!!!!!!! Gareth, you wanna check my tires for me on saturday??? or at least teach me how.

yes i know i know.. blonde, female and a newbie, bad combination.. :weird: but hay.. all good. ;O) :rofl:

Haha work this one right Gareth and ya might be able to coax her out for dinner one night.

You've got a lot to learn there CC.I would suggest you turn up at the spanner evening.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=14555

placidfemme
22nd July 2005, 15:22
hmmm..

*is lazy*

If the ride is going ahead would you care to put it in the Meeting and Events section... I've missed about 5 pages worth of posts and can't be assed reading back and finding out whats happening (not that I have time to either with my boss looking over my shoulder every 2 minutes)

Thanks

R6_kid
22nd July 2005, 15:30
Haha work this one right Gareth and ya might be able to coax her out for dinner one night.

hehehehehe :devil2: i didnt meet her on this site for a start, and unfortunately i know she is already taken she has :love: elsewhere.
But i may take her out to dinner sometime if the other guy dont mind :rofl:
I've already been commandeered to make her a 'bad girl'
that is "good girls ride bikes - bad girls thrash 'em" :ride: go CC :yes:

R6_kid
22nd July 2005, 15:33
hmmm..

*is lazy*

If the ride is going ahead would you care to put it in the Meeting and Events section... I've missed about 5 pages worth of posts and can't be assed reading back and finding out whats happening (not that I have time to either with my boss looking over my shoulder every 2 minutes)

Thanks

ahhh... the info is in the first post of this thread aswell as on this page/one back... you will also find it all in under the calendar link at the top of the page.

Cibby
22nd July 2005, 17:09

You've got a lot to learn there CC.I would suggest you turn up at the spanner evening.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=14555

your a shocker mate, Gareth has been simply lovely in looking after me and is commited to turn me from a good girl who rides bikes into a bad girl who thrashes them, is this not enough for one guy?? hahaha

and thanks for the info on teh spanner night, i happen to think that is a brilliant idea..

Cibby
22nd July 2005, 17:10
hehehehehe :devil2: i didnt meet her on this site for a start, and unfortunately i know she is already taken she has :love: elsewhere.
But i may take her out to dinner sometime if the other guy dont mind :rofl:
I've already been commandeered to make her a 'bad girl'
that is "good girls ride bikes - bad girls thrash 'em" :ride: go CC :yes:

:rofl: cheers mate.. all i can say is bring it on... :2thumbsup

Waylander
22nd July 2005, 17:11
Hehe don't mind me I'm just crazy.

aff-man
22nd July 2005, 19:24
your a shocker mate, Gareth has been simply lovely in looking after me and is commited to turn me from a good girl who rides bikes into a bad girl who thrashes them, is this not enough for one guy?? hahaha

and thanks for the info on teh spanner night, i happen to think that is a brilliant idea..

Well at least he is teaching you something right.. :devil2:

Hey guys i don't have a 250 :no: so i won't come along but if it's sunny and i'm bored i might come see you off. :yes:

Would that be P.C.?? :nono:

justsomeguy
22nd July 2005, 19:26
Well at least he is teaching you something right.. :devil2:

Hey guys i don't have a 250 :no: so i won't come along but if it's sunny and i'm bored i might come see you off. :yes:

Would that be P.C.?? :nono:

gareth is meeting me at colemans at 9:30 then after I get my tyre done we are going for a blat through scenic drive and then meeting the others.... u can come along if you like...

Sutage
22nd July 2005, 20:32
hm i may come, depends what i do tonight but i think ill come tomorrow
is anyone from like new lynn way coming i dont really know way:P

crashe
22nd July 2005, 20:42
Sutage........ pm ya addy to me...
I can swing by and lead you up to Westgate....
I will show you all the westie roads..... hehehe.

erik
22nd July 2005, 23:12
change the map to reflect the new starting location! and you've put PM instead of AM in a couple of places...

New map link (http://www.wises.co.nz/map/default.asp?street=CELLAR+CRT&suburb=MASSEY+WEST&town=Auckland&sttype=&id=46640|2&svctype=1&mapaction=0&mapwhich=0&mapsize=2&width=512&height=512&businesses=1&brad=25&color=-1&filled=0&e=2654010&n=6485458&routemethod=0&s_id=&radius=&zoom=3&move=true&zoomin=true)

unhingedlizard
22nd July 2005, 23:18
would love to come too but wont be getting pistons until end of the month

Bugger it.

(may take it for a few wee test rides before embarrising myself again though. Bugjuice may not stop next time!!:sweatdrop Placid say Hi to Sam for me ;)

justsomeguy
22nd July 2005, 23:35
hm i may come, depends what i do tonight but i think ill come tomorrow
is anyone from like new lynn way coming i dont really know way:P

It's the same petrol station we were supposed to meet at for the BRONZ course..

Gremlin
23rd July 2005, 01:11
Well, without even realising how, I managed to sign up for it, but I do want to come, just have to see if I can get there.

Know the route (by looking at the map), and if I can navigate a pile of spaghetti, and my first trip on a motorway, I'll be there.

Will check tomorrow to see if you pussies are going to still be riding, coz 3 did say rain... :whistle:

R6_kid
23rd July 2005, 19:14
was an interesting ride. Due to a few reasons it didnt quite go as planned but we all had a good day up to wellsford.

On the way back my group when back down the road towards kaukapakapa and took West Coast Road towards Warkworth. Unfortunately about 2km up the road Jay (NSR250) had problems and his bike ended off the side of the road with him not far behind it. Was unrideable, we sorted him out and last i heard he had got a lift home with a nice farmer from just across the road.

Cibby Chick improved heaps, and despite pretty much collapsing in my drive way at the end she said she had an awesome day.

Awesker proved the CBR could cut the mustard, and gotta say it looks mint with that pipe - and he's a cool dude too :Punk:

Cheers to crashe and sutage for holding up the rear, its always comforting to know that someone is there in case you do manage to cock something up

:ride: :ride: :ride:

XD~
23rd July 2005, 19:22
whens the next one my bikes gonna be fixed on tuesday!

justsomeguy
23rd July 2005, 19:26
Awesome ride Gareth, thanks for organising it......

Sorry for getting lost.... I was leading that pack and was responsible for getting left behind....

Got that thing I left to get after lunch......:niceone:

Pity about the incident... hopefully it should all be ok eh??

R6_kid
23rd July 2005, 19:27
i may not be doing pleasure riding for a week or two til i get my clutch and shock sorted out. Would be good to see how you ride man, nick was pretty quick and i think the few tips i gave him helped be a bit quicker. When my shock and steering head bearings are sorted i will be able to corner a shitload better, and when my clutch is done i will able to beat him in a straight line.

Have you and nick ever had a straight line drag?

justsomeguy
23rd July 2005, 19:29
i may not be doing pleasure riding for a week or two til i get my clutch and shock sorted out. Would be good to see how you ride man, nick was pretty quick and i think the few tips i gave him helped be a bit quicker. When my shock and steering head bearings are sorted i will be able to corner a shitload better, and when my clutch is done i will able to beat him in a straight line.

Have you and nick ever had a straight line drag?

Not really....... he rides pretty good I think we are equally fast.....

I won't mind some tips or tuition from you.... Awesker is friggin great after 2 months of riding with you

R6_kid
23rd July 2005, 19:29
Pity about the incident... hopefully it should all be ok eh??
yeah, from looking at it its gonna need fairings a clutch lever and the rear subframe bits (plastics) put back in the right place.

Not sure about the engine... it was letting me pull it back while still in gear which i dont think is supposed to happen...

R6_kid
23rd July 2005, 19:31
Not really....... he rides pretty good I think we are equally fast.....

I won't mind some tips or tuition from you.... Awesker is friggin great after 2 months of riding with you

twas aimed at XD, couldnt be bothered clicking 'quote' tho :whistle:

im happy to help out when i can, but i think you know what im gonna tell you first up :nono:

JamesHD
23rd July 2005, 19:38
Hey thanks for they great ride gareth... lotsa fun.
Hope Jay got back all good.
Me and Nick lost you, and i thnk Cibby Chick, at Orewa, but we took motorway after you.

Anything else fall off your bike at the end... hahaha.
Once again thanks.

James :ride:

XD~
23rd July 2005, 19:40
hah probally cause we always are in the wet so when it gets dry we are way better

R6_kid
23rd July 2005, 20:28
Anything else fall off your bike at the end... hahaha.
Once again thanks.
James :ride:

dude that was fuken hilarious but i would have prefered for it to be kept a secret :whistle: :whocares:

was a good day, nice to see some new faces out there.

crashe
23rd July 2005, 21:10
Yep a great ride.... I had fun... and as usual at the rear of the pack.
:ride: :ride: :ride:

Had a neat time meeting a few new people and chatting at MacDon's at Wellsford.....

Cibby chick - For only riding 3 weeks... you are doing great....
Keep going at your own pace... and keep watching the others on the lines etc.. and good luck on the wee op on the knee too.

Awesker - For only riding 2 months.... you also ride well.

Sutage - You did well mate, I will show you some other westie roads real soon.... to help you find your way around west.

A good pace back down to Auckland, and getting Justsomeguy to his test on time.... and yep he passed.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

awesker
23rd July 2005, 23:59
Yeah, Thanks Gareth for setting that ride up. Soooo much fun! I was trying to explain it to a couple of mates afterwards but people in cars just dont get it :weird:. That NSR was sooo quick! loved riding up with that, also sucked how he had a slight spill =/ lucky he was ok. It was awesome to meet all you guys!! Fully have to do that again when Gareth gets his clutch, shocks and stearing sorted :p But what can I say, Me & Cibby chick had the sweetest looking bikes there (so what if Im a bit biased :p). I took a couple of pictures, all are pretty average cause we were riding so damn much .. my back still aches!

Oh and Gareth me and Adrian havnt really had a real drag yet .. like he said when ever we try to go for a fang after work or whatever it decides to rain :oi-grr:

Pictures:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/awesker/IMG_0708.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/awesker/IMG_0707.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/awesker/IMG_0706.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/awesker/IMG_0705.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/awesker/IMG_0704.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/awesker/IMG_0701.jpg

parsley
24th July 2005, 10:43
Damn, I'm sorry I missed it. Stupid beer... :no:

unhingedlizard
24th July 2005, 14:10
sorry I missed it, stupid bike.

R6_kid
24th July 2005, 16:02
awesker you sniper... i was sure you didnt get any photos of me...

i taped my camera to the side of my bike today when i went down to glenbrook and got some footage of some sorta windy roads and 140-160kmh speed. My camera has killed itself tho and wont turn on now... was working fun coz i turned it off to stop filming.

myvice
24th July 2005, 18:23
Gutted I missed the ride as my plans where cancelled and could have been there, but as I'm borrowing a 750 at the moment it kinda ruled me out! :devil2:
Maybe next time? :yes:

Cibby
24th July 2005, 21:34
But what can I say, Me & Cibby chick had the sweetest looking bikes there (so what if Im a bit biased :p). I took a couple of pictures, all are pretty average cause we were riding so damn much .. my back still aches! :whocares:

Aww mate, same.!!!! guys you totally made my first ride out there really mint, big thanks to gareth for sorting me out on the whole counter stearing thing, :ride: and to the other guys for being so damn fast that i could hardly keep up and had to really push myself,. :devil2: as for Gareths drive way,, very comfortable.. hahaha
Jay, hope you ok mate and hope to see you out there soon

Askwer. mate.. hot bike.. totally unbiased.. haha ;o)

So... where are we all going this weekend guys??? hahha :whistle:

R6_kid
24th July 2005, 21:55
But what can I say, Me & ***Cibby chick*** had the sweetest looking bikes there (so what if Im a bit biased :p

So... where are we all going this weekend guys??? hahha :whistle:

i think you mean awesker!!! or have you developed a second personality on here?

my bike aint gonna be going on any open road riding til i get a new rear shock... however i am going to tauranga saturday to check out a ZX-7R :devil2: if anyone wants to join me..?

Waylander
24th July 2005, 22:02
i think you mean awesker!!! or have you developed a second personality on here?

my bike aint gonna be going on any open road riding til i get a new rear shock... however i am going to tauranga saturday to check out a ZX-7R :devil2: if anyone wants to join me..?
Hehe goin day after else I might join ya. Have to go see a little mate of mine (10yo) in a play. ("King and I" he plays the english chick's kid.)

R6_kid
25th July 2005, 10:37
i am yet to hear back from the owner as to a good time/day for him so it might end up being sunday. Im gonna be doing the hi-way route SH1-SH2 but may look at doing a going the long way (whitford - maraetai - kaiaua - SH2) either there or (in the oposite order obviously) on the way back... time and weather dependant.

Squiggles
30th July 2005, 18:52
gah, gutted i missed this thread completely, so missed the ride ><

i'll keep my eye out incase ya'll decide to do it again :P

Gremlin
31st July 2005, 19:09
I wondered where this thread had gone... I was busy looking in the wrong places...

Cheers to you Gareth setting up the ride. Awesome, I went home early and felt a little sore, so I can only imagine how cibby chick felt. Awesker, I saw the camera once, but hardly realised what was happening. Definitely a sniper. And delete that last photo would you. Its all about timing... :oi-grr:

And boy did I find out about the differences between zzrs and cbr and zxr. My weight probably didn't help, but when your throttle is against the end of the travel and you are accelerating hard, high revs etc. and the cbr or zxr just pulls away, I can do nothing but watch in amazement... :no:

Other than that, fantastic ride. Jaw drop goes to cibby chick. 3 weeks, and she was riding like that. Incredible.

Can't wait for the next one. :Punk: