PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone, I'm a newbie (Kees)

Kees
11th October 2011, 11:24
Hi everyone...I am new to the sportbike scene, I recently bought a 1997 TL1000S , repainted already in gloss jet black no major modifications yet but I am looking into changing the rear shock to either a R1 or R6 , so if anyone has one of these in good condition let me know.

Cheers

BAY CITY MOTORCYCLES
11th October 2011, 11:53
Hi everyone...I am new to the sportbike scene, I recently bought a 1997 TL1000S , repainted already in gloss jet black no major modifications yet but I am looking into changing the rear shock to either a R1 or R6 , so if anyone has one of these in good condition let me know.

Cheers

Have had 4 of those and loved each one of them!
Think I have a R1 shock laying around too :yes:

Kees
11th October 2011, 11:58
Have had 4 of those and loved each one of them!
Think I have a R1 shock laying around too :yes:

Hey Hello....yeah I'm loving the torque of this thing....how much for the R1 Shock?

Cheers

Kees

BAY CITY MOTORCYCLES
11th October 2011, 12:02
Hey Hello....yeah I'm loving the torque of this thing....how much for the R1 Shock?

Cheers

Kees

Re-gear it and then get back to me re the torque! :woohoo:

Will find the shock and the give you a price mate.
Better still phone me (Chris) on 0800 200660

imdying
11th October 2011, 12:52
Get yourself on TLZone or TLPlanet, a lot of collective TL wisdom to be found there. Plus TLPlanet has vandriver to take all your money :D

Kees
11th October 2011, 13:15
Get yourself on TLZone or TLPlanet, a lot of collective TL wisdom to be found there. Plus TLPlanet has vandriver to take all your money :D

Thanks..I've joined them, but most of those guys are overseas...money , what's that lol:facepalm:

By the way...how come I don't get notification when someone has replied to my thread and my threads don't show up as new posts ????:scratch:

Maha
11th October 2011, 13:20
Thanks..I've joined them, but most of those guys are overseas...money , what's that lol:facepalm:

By the way...how come I don't get notification when someone has replied to my thread and my threads don't show up as new posts ????:scratch:

You will is someone ''quotes'' you (like I just did)...and that thing about not showing up as new posts?.beats the shit out of me also...

Hitcher
11th October 2011, 17:33
By the way...how come I don't get notification when someone has replied to my thread and my threads don't show up as new posts ????

You can set up your User Control Panel to get an email every time somebody replies to a thread you've created. What a pain in the arse that is, but hey, some people probably like spamming themselves.

Threads you've created don't show up in new posts because you've already read it -- when you created it.

And when you get a chance, please go and read the site's rules, like you were supposed to as a condition of joining. There you'll see that you're not allowed to post the same stuff in more than one site forum. Us Moderators have got better things to do of an evening that merge duplicate threads.

Thanks. And welcome to Kiwi Biker!

Kees
12th October 2011, 07:35
You can set up your User Control Panel to get an email every time somebody replies to a thread you've created. What a pain in the arse that is, but hey, some people probably like spamming themselves.

Threads you've created don't show up in new posts because you've already read it -- when you created it.

And when you get a chance, please go and read the site's rules, like you were supposed to as a condition of joining. There you'll see that you're not allowed to post the same stuff in more than one site forum. Us Moderators have got better things to do of an evening that merge duplicate threads.

Thanks. And welcome to Kiwi Biker!

Thanks for the info...I only created the same thread in different areas as I could not see them in the new posts so I thought I did something wrong....reading rules is like reading assembly instructions when you buy something, you quickly dicard them only to go hunting for them when it doesn't fit together like it should...( Men don't read instructions)