PDA

View Full Version : Forza 230 pro review

carver
24th October 2011, 20:40
I had the chance to take a 2011 Forza 230 Pro for a 14k trail loop today.
Being something of a novice, I wanted to see how the 230 measured up against the DRZ250

After 1/2 a hour on the Forza, I would prefer the 230 Pro over a DRZ any day.
The 230 feels a lot better balanced and made than the older chinese 230 trail bikes.
It also feels lighter than the older bikes that were imported here.
The whole package feels well put together, and the fast ace front suspension feels mint.
I really loved the way it was so hard to stall, and how slow you could go thats to the high torque motor, and low gearing.

The bike struck me as a bike for novice riders wanting to improve, that did not want the added maintenance of a high performance 4 stroke.
If it was my money, i would buy the Forza over the DRZ any day. You will find the fit and finish of the Forza is quite possibly better than that of the Suzuki.

Parts are dirt cheap too!

Check it out

overthetopadventures.co.nz

SVboy
25th October 2011, 12:04
Good wee review, and useful coming from you. However, I am missing the carver rapier wit and gutter comments. This review is just like you have grown up and that leaves me feeling a bit sad.......

nomnomnom
25th October 2011, 13:37
Awesome to read this review on here today. Been looking at these bikes over and over throughout the long weekend, and have today decided to buy one. Its on the way from Auckland now. Cant wait for it to get here!!! havent had a bike in about 6 months!!

carver
25th October 2011, 20:08
Good wee review, and useful coming from you. However, I am missing the carver rapier wit and gutter comments. This review is just like you have grown up and that leaves me feeling a bit sad.......

Hmm, just banged out a basic one, was a tad tired after all the riding!

Sable
6th December 2011, 16:37
Hmm, just banged out a basic one, was a tad tired after all the riding!
That's adorable

Scubbo
19th December 2014, 12:15
I know this is a thread dredge of epic proportions :eek: , but has anyone got long term experience with one of these and can comment on how it fared over the years

cave weta
19th December 2014, 12:29
I was the sales agent for www.nzmotorfactory.co.nz I sold dozens of them. I still own two myself. They are everything Carver says. Forget what you think you know about chinese bikes. These things are well built with great backup and dirt cheap spares.

awa355
24th December 2014, 12:04
There is a Forza 140cc for sale just up the road. Sign says 8 hrs, $1000. Looks quite tidy. Tyres look new.

cave weta
24th December 2014, 13:39
There is a Forza 140cc for sale just up the road. Sign says 8 hrs, $1000. Looks quite tidy. Tyres look new.

Yeah but you are a motorcyclist, that is a pitbike, never the two shall meet.