PDA

View Full Version : Power and Glory

Maha
26th October 2011, 17:05
Two words not to be used when talking about the Yamaha R15.
Little and Beauty on the other hand?..yes indeed.
I had the choice of three bikes to use for a couple of days while the FZ8 is having the pipe replaced.

''You can have the V-Star'' with the the main sail screen/running boards and hard panniers...ah na!
''You can have the 02' R6 shop bike, oldie but a goodie''..na!
''Well theres the 150 Yamaha loaner inside''....Whoa yeah baby!:yes:

Straight into the fast lane heading north...not the best place to be with a slight rise to contend with..95kph and dropping.
Ok choose another lane..looks like im catching a Toyata Surf...nope, another incline ahead..ok I will stick behind it.
The motorway levels out a bit and Mr Surf guy is now texting and slowing...theres my chance...indicate and overtake...see ya wanker.
110-115 khp and the go fast handle goes no further..it could maintain that speed but would not be that comfortable for any length of time.
Exit at Orewa to take in the coast rd missing the toll road..
This is where the little stunner comes into its own.
Keeping it at around 8000 RPM's and it performs damn fine to be honest.
This bike is best suited for this kind of road (or the daily commute elsewhere I guess)
I am 5'10'' and 91kgs..I felt a tad cramped at times but for the shorter/lighter rider this bike should be on the list, purely for the fun factor.
And it has that...you just need to know where to find it.

blackdog
26th October 2011, 17:11
Buy 'em up people, will keep us in buckets for the years to come.

JustNick
26th October 2011, 17:38
Sounds like a great bike, does anyone know why there isn't a 250cc version?

Maha
26th October 2011, 18:32
Buy 'em up people, will keep us in buckets for the years to come.

Ideal...!

Sounds like a great bike, does anyone know why there isn't a 250cc version?

Yamaha have the Scorpio 225cc @ $3,995.
The R15 @ $4,995.
YZF R125 @ $7,495.

The R15 comes with fully adjustable mirrors though...:blip:
You can see quite alot of yourself without trying to hard...:yes:

caspernz
26th October 2011, 19:13
Oh yippee, like a real bike, only smaller....

Mind you, half the fun of small stuff like this is you can fang the bejeesus out of it without breaking the speed limit....

Maha
27th October 2011, 10:47
Oh yippee, like a real bike, only smaller....

Mind you, half the fun of small stuff like this is you can fang the bejeesus out of it without breaking the speed limit....

...two things that I didnt get on with so well was, that my knees were to close to my hands and I had to lift my foot off the left peg to change gear (a small adjustment would fix that)..:blink:

Shadowjack
31st October 2011, 16:04
I had the opportunity to ride the R125 as a loaner while the 8fiddy was getting work done - and had a blast around town and out to the airport and so forth.

george formby
1st November 2011, 13:25
I've been playing on a learner legal trailie this weekend, I'm still grinning like a loon & the fastest I saw on the clock was 110 kmh. Wee bikes on wee roads rock.:lol:

R6_kid
1st November 2011, 20:56
If you're dealing with North Harbour Yamaha then that "02 R6" is a 99 R6... my old one to be precise :-)

Madness
1st November 2011, 21:40
So how was the factory suspension Maha?

Maha
2nd November 2011, 16:55
If you're dealing with North Harbour Yamaha then that "02 R6" is a 99 R6... my old one to be precise :-)

It has seen better days granted.

So how was the factory suspension Maha?

Fantastic, did the job wonderfully...yet another praise point for this bike...:baby: