PDA

View Full Version : And so it continues

98tls
30th October 2011, 20:39
Reason ive been so slack re fitting the GSXR forks is this lot,behold the 1080 TLS:woohoo:Will add that the shims and spacers are made and on there way to fit the forks so will fit them soon.Cams i have had for awhile so some mucking about with custom map and all should be good though a tad worried about the compression and our so called good pump gas.

merv
30th October 2011, 20:52
Nice looking stuff :yes:

Geeen
30th October 2011, 21:03
:crybaby: I cant have stuff this nice coz I got kids and a wife to pay for :crybaby:

98tls
30th October 2011, 21:09
:crybaby: I cant have stuff this nice coz I got kids and a wife to pay for :crybaby:

:laugh:Your better off with the wife and kids mate.Seriously.My afflication for throwing money at this old thing is nothing short of madness though at least it doesnt talk back.

Geeen
30th October 2011, 21:17
:laugh:Your better off with the wife and kids mate.Seriously.

Wanna swap? :innocent:

98tls
30th October 2011, 21:23
Wanna swap? :innocent:

Is your wife old and funny coloured?if so maybe,otherwise na i couldnt do it to ya:facepalm:

slowpoke
31st October 2011, 00:36
Seriously.My afflication for throwing money at this old thing is nothing short of madness .

Bollocks! You're havin' fun aintcha? That's what bikes are about man! Sure you won't get your money back on it but neither will the guy who goes and spends $38000 on a new Ducati...or any new bike for that matter.

Mad-V2
31st October 2011, 04:27
Reason ive been so slack re fitting the GSXR forks is this lot,behold the 1080 TLS:woohoo:Will add that the shims and spacers are made and on there way to fit the forks so will fit them soon.Cams i have had for awhile so some mucking about with custom map and all should be good though a tad worried about the compression and our so called good pump gas.

What the?! Where The?! How much for that lot? (PM) This is something I have planned for when the motor gets freshened up
Would be nice to know how much more my "garage project" is gonna cost me though.
That thing is looking nice! keep us posted on how it all goes with the 1080, I'll be waiting with great anticipation:facepalm: damn motorcycle forums!
Forks will be a much later project for me since I just had mine sorted, but I'd like to know the difference with the brakes too once you've done a few K's

Luckily I have an understanding partner who knows I need my bike to keep me sane, and a daughter who loves to clean shiny metal parts.
It's only money......

imdying
31st October 2011, 09:17
Falicon are still doing cranks from what I hear. Another couple of mm in the stroke won't hurt :whistle:

ducatilover
31st October 2011, 11:07
Officially the coolest Jap twin I have ever seen.
What kind of HP at the rubber are you hoping for?
May I please have one of them?

avgas
31st October 2011, 12:41
So the bike owes you what? $50K now? ;)

bogan
31st October 2011, 12:48
ohhh, shiny :drool: getting some head work to go with the extra 80ccs?

98tls
6th November 2011, 20:48
Shims and spacers sorted for the gixxer forks....:rolleyes:finally.Bar the lines being a tad short will be falling in love with radial calipers next weekend.:niceone:

98tls
6th November 2011, 20:55
So the bike owes you what? $50K now? ;)

Maybe,no idea,whos counting.Far better methinks to buy a new something or rather but sadly as i am an old bastard i would probably spend more time trying to work out which particular "new something or rather "was mine as they all look the same.

TLR4Lifel
6th November 2011, 21:31
1080 TLS
pfffffft small block :devil2:

This is something I have planned for when the motor gets freshened up
you can have my 1040 middle next year $1200- (jugs, pistons, pins and rings and gaskets depending on what compression you wanna run) got a few "other spare" parts depending on what you wanna do. :drinkup:

What kind of HP at the rubber are you hoping for?
1040 = 140bhp
1080 = 150bhp
???? = 170bhp give or take a horse here and there

Go the mighty frog snot green TL's :finger:

M.F. - You want some cam graph (lobe centre) specs or you good?

ducatilover
6th November 2011, 21:50
1080 = 150bhp

At the wheel? :headbang:
What does a standard one pull? I'm guessing 125ish?

98tls
8th November 2011, 06:20
pfffffft small block :devil2:

you can have my 1040 middle next year $1200- (jugs, pistons, pins and rings and gaskets depending on what compression you wanna run) got a few "other spare" parts depending on what you wanna do. :drinkup:

1040 = 140bhp
1080 = 150bhp
???? = 170bhp give or take a horse here and there

Go the mighty frog snot green TL's :finger:

M.F. - You want some cam graph (lobe centre) specs or you good?

Cheers mate but got it sussed.

TLR4Lifel
8th November 2011, 06:22
stock TLR was 135hp at the crank, so roughly 120bhp - TLS was a smidge lower (lower compression and no secondary injectors being biggest differences)

avgas
8th November 2011, 08:53
At the wheel? :headbang:
What does a standard one pull? I'm guessing 125ish?
My ol' FZ1 was about 152hp at the crank (give or take a few hp as they weren't sure if they set it up properly. Worked out 122hp at the wheels on its final dyno.
But the key thing on good ol TLS is the torque. You must be around 130-150nm by now boss :)