PDA

View Full Version : Draggin' Jeans - Chinos

Ants
31st October 2011, 10:48
Anyone got an opinion on these (http://www.whites.co.nz/products/draggin/1484.aspx), good or bad? Was thinking of using them for smart-casual work wear so I don't have to keep changing at work.
Only down side I can see is the lack of impact protection on knees etc.

If it's all bad news, alternative ideas with the same aim are welcome :)

BigAl
31st October 2011, 10:53
I've got a pair of CNells, they are much cheaper than Draggin etc... but do have knee and hip protection and are very comfortable.

The dupoint kevlar lining is around the knees, hips and bum and they do get hot because of this. Can quite easily wear them casually.

nathanwhite
31st October 2011, 10:55
I have the urban camo draggins, which have been pretty awesome (except when it rains)
I brought some knox knee armour, which velcros onto the inside of the jeans. Easy to take out too.

Maha
31st October 2011, 10:55
So long as they have triple stitching you should be right....only the best gear has triple stitching.
Not like the shit I buy.

Ants
31st October 2011, 14:31
I've got a pair of CNells, they are much cheaper than Draggin etc... but do have knee and hip protection and are very comfortable.

The dupoint kevlar lining is around the knees, hips and bum and they do get hot because of this. Can quite easily wear them casually.

Not heard of CNells - is that just the guy on TradeMe I found via Google? Looks like he sells overseas stock (as opposed to being a maker in his own right). Looks like some interesting stuff, and good prices too ...

Anyway, I've got some draggin' jeans already - but I was specifically after people's experience with the chinos. And the idea that pretty much all my riding would be in those as oppposed to "proper" armoured cordura trousers as it is (I only wear the jeans on Fridays due to work policy etc.)