PDA

View Full Version : Another Newb (Retep5)

Retep5
31st October 2011, 19:38
Hey Guys/Gals

My names Peter

Managed to join the ranks of the new learner riders. Just got my license arrive in the mail today. :P O wait it's blue again.

I have some newbie questions which some o very helpful person can hopefully answer :yes:.

My total time spent at all on a motorbike consists of about 40 minutes of learning to ride on a bike and the actual test time. So pretty much no time at all.

Done a bit of Road Cycling so balance is pretty good but motor bikes are a totally different ball game.

So now I'm looking for my first bike to get out and riding to build up some experience, time before 6 months fly bye.:scooter:

I have really only been looking at a couple of bikes and was wondering if they are reasonable bikes for a learner.

Any major pro's and cons.

Hyosung gt250r 2008 or above
Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2008 or above

Few Notes:

At the moment I'm swaying towards the Ninja since from what I've read it's easier to control and has a more upright position than the Hyosung so better sitting in traffic.

At the moment I would like to keep the same bike for 2 years till I have my full.

I will be looking at a true sports bike down the track.

My bike could end up being my commuter to work 35km.

I'm 5' 11 180.5cm 80kg

Live in a more rural area at the moment.

Cheers Again

Peter

Madness
31st October 2011, 19:48
Welcome to KB!

I'd go for the Kawasaki myself but I'm a tad biased.

Check out Bay City Motorcycles, they're both Kawasaki & Hyosung dealers. Chris from there will sort you out - He's good like that.

Retep5
1st November 2011, 14:01
Dropped into Bay City today and talked To trish which was extremely helpful. Gave me a few things to think about. :cool:

English Kiwi
1st November 2011, 14:15
Hey Guys/Gals

My names Peter

Managed to join the ranks of the new learner riders. Just got my license arrive in the mail today. :P O wait it's blue again.

I have some newbie questions which some o very helpful person can hopefully answer :yes:.

My total time spent at all on a motorbike consists of about 40 minutes of learning to ride on a bike and the actual test time. So pretty much no time at all.

Done a bit of Road Cycling so balance is pretty good but motor bikes are a totally different ball game.

So now I'm looking for my first bike to get out and riding to build up some experience, time before 6 months fly bye.:scooter:

I have really only been looking at a couple of bikes and was wondering if they are reasonable bikes for a learner.

Any major pro's and cons.

Hyosung gt250r 2008 or above
Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2008 or above

Few Notes:

At the moment I'm swaying towards the Ninja since from what I've read it's easier to control and has a more upright position than the Hyosung so better sitting in traffic.

At the moment I would like to keep the same bike for 2 years till I have my full.

I will be looking at a true sports bike down the track.

My bike could end up being my commuter to work 35km.

I'm 5' 11 180.5cm 80kg

Live in a more rural area at the moment.

Cheers Again

Peter

Hey Peter,

I certainly reccommend a Ninja 250 :) I have a 2008 model and love it :scooter:

I nicked it off the other half...he's 6ft and fitted on it nicely :) I've just taken it on Pukekohe for the last A.R.T day :) all I can say is awesome bike!!!

I'm with Madness...a little biast towards Kawasaki as I have one and not a huge fan of Hysosungs!!

Oh yeh and I commute from West Aucks to the City daily...beats sitting in traffic for sure!!

Anyway...Welcome to KB :)

nodrog
1st November 2011, 14:23
Dropped into Bay City today and talked To trish which was extremely helpful. Gave me a few things to think about. :cool:

you should come to the pub on thursday, and buy me a bourbon.

TIBLE_90
3rd November 2011, 07:03
I'd go with the ninja, had an 08 to learn on and it was great. Plus the ninja is of better quality than the Korean made hyosung.

unstuck
3rd November 2011, 07:10
Rode a mates 08 Ninja a couple of weeks back and was quite impressed with it. Good wee bike.

Retep5
3rd November 2011, 13:00
Awesome thanks for the feedback. Pretty much sold on the ninja. I'll just to have to take it for a test drive. :drool:.

Any recommended insurance company's hahaha.

My insurance company will give me full cover for just over $700 a year.

That would be for a ninja 2011 250R.

Do you think that's a good price for a under 25 with learner motorcycle license. Note takes into account no claim bonus 40% which is max for a motorbike otherwise the cover would of been around $1100.:(

Cheers
Peter