PDA

View Full Version : Tire pressure display cap

zeRax
15th July 2005, 20:07
seems like a very cool idea, first time IVE seen them, anyone tried em?

Check it (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbike-Parts/Wheels-tyres-brakes/auction-30953521.htm)

TonyB
15th July 2005, 20:50
They do look pretty kewl. Wonder what they are actually worth?

RiderInBlack
15th July 2005, 20:59
Wish they showed your actual tyre pressure. To be able to get the hot pressures as soon as you stop without loosing any pressure due to fubbling with your tyre gauge. Now that would be handy, specially for those of us that have changing tyre pressure needs (e.g Touring one-up:ride: /two-up:ride: :ride: , day ride:Punk: , day hoon:whistle: , track blast:devil2: ).

Wellyman
15th July 2005, 21:06
That looks cool., and it comes with a anti-theft device. would be worth it

Marknz
15th July 2005, 21:11
bollox!

get yourself a michelin tyre gauge, get it calibrated, and run with that. It'll never fail you.... unless you drop it on the concret from about 2 feet than it's fooked!

Holy Roller
18th July 2005, 23:17
20 - 30 bucks for a set of 4, they recommend you replace them each year or sooner if in dirty conditions.
Would be a bit expensive if one runs different pressures in each tyre

eliot-ness
19th July 2005, 08:54
[QUOTE=zeRax]seems like a very cool idea, first time IVE seen them, anyone tried em?

Yup! Tried them. About 1962 I think. An old idea being recycled. The old ones were ok for the time. Tire pressures weren't too critical then. Modern bike tires need to be within a couple of pounds of correct pressure to be safe. You would be better off buying a good pressure gauge and checking them regularly unless the caps show exact pressure.

----------------------------------------------------
On the seventh day God made the off road bike and started work on the Garden of Eden

bugjuice
19th July 2005, 09:12
I heard they leak air and aren't very accurate at all. I read somewhere that someone had them on their car and it showed green, but actually checked them with an air line showed them less than half the pressure it should have been.. be weary, especially fitting them to bikes..

zadok
19th July 2005, 09:28
No thanx, I'll just stick to regular checking. :ride:

skidz
19th July 2005, 09:37
Yup, rather use the reliable pressure gauge.