PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki ER-6 - what do you think?

Bob
16th July 2005, 01:20
Just been looking at the site Kawasaki have put together to show off their new, 650cc parallel twin:

http://www.er-6n.com/

I quite like it - shame they haven't gone the 'N' and 'S' route straight off the bat, as I think I'd like a faired one.

Obviously, the key to this is going to be how good the parallel-twin engine performs in real life, but a quick look shows the stats are very similar to the v-twin used in the SV650 (and 650S). That said, a parallel twin is always likely to feel "rough" and "rev-hungry" compared to a vee.

But wondered what you think? Even before it is ridden it is causing ructions between bike journos over here with the views split between "I hate it" and I love it".

So what are your early opinions?

justsomeguy
16th July 2005, 01:54
To tell you the truth - it looks like a typical jappa screw up sorry arsed copy of the brutale......

The only decent look-a-like was the TRX850 which tried to copy the Ducati 900SS

This seems horrible like the toyota mr2 spyder trying to be a boxster......

Speaking of the TRX850 - have you ridden one have an opinion on them?? I'm sorta dreaming of thinking of considering it when I get my full......

I hope the faired version (there should be one right??) provides some saving grace.

Biff
16th July 2005, 02:09
I like it - can't stand the web site though.
I've got an increasing urge to buy a naked bike at the moment. :ride:

oldfart
16th July 2005, 07:35
To tell you the truth - it looks like a typical jappa screw up sorry arsed copy of the brutale......

I agree. The GPZ motor is a great little donk & is excellent cheao biking. Was looking forwatf to the new twin, but I just don't go for all that uuugly!! front end / instrument shit :no: :no:

zadok
16th July 2005, 09:08
I like the look of it. Having just gone from a 650 v-twin naked, I would only have one for commuting.

JohnBoy
16th July 2005, 20:30
nice.. i like it. wonder how well it goes against an SV650, will be an interesting addition to F3 racing if it makes it over here.