PDA

View Full Version : broken down on the motorway

pyrocam
16th July 2005, 13:05
I was commuting as per usual yesterday up the north western and noticed a car pulled over on the side with someone standing around. I started thinking, well with soo many people here surely someone would stop and help these people out? But then I realised we live in auckland, ha silly me. anyway as I was pondering this a bit more, I noticed a bike that had passed me earlier on the side of the road.

Now it was time to actually put my money where my mouth was and so I changed into 'hurry' mode and took the next available offramp (I missed the first one cos I was thinking about it, he was just infront of it) went down to the Great North Road Offramp. did a loop-de-loop and headed back into auckland. I ended up getting off and on again at ponsnoby so pretty much my entire commute again.

I found the guy, he has a GSRX400 (I think, i dont know bikes) blue and white and found out he actually DID need help. his front brake seized on him and he had no phone etc. not much I could really do so I used my bike lights to try and help with illumination (it was 6:20pm now) and let him use my phone and gave him a smoke. chatted for a while, unfortuantly hes not on the net so I didnt bother tell him about KB.

The cops turned up and I bailed before they talked to me (no L) but I felt good, good karma coming my way if you belive in that.

yeah so thats my interesting story of the weekend.

James Deuce
16th July 2005, 13:07
Two thumbs up.

Speaking of Karma, have you heard from your Mum?

pyrocam
16th July 2005, 14:18
Two thumbs up.

Speaking of Karma, have you heard from your Mum?

aye? oh yeah. everyone in england that I know is fine. my brother was close enough to hear the bus explode and is riding the tube again. my mum says that its proberly a whole lot more hyped than it actually is. everyones just getting back to it really.

Thanks for asking

myvice
16th July 2005, 14:19
Always try to help stranded bikers, and have been helped in return!
Yes, very good karma.
Thanks again to the people who gave me a can of tyre flat fome stuff out by Kaiawa! :yes:

Jackrat
16th July 2005, 14:23
I was commuting as per usual yesterday up the north western and noticed a car pulled over on the side with someone standing around. I started thinking, well with soo many people here surely someone would stop and help these people out? But then I realised we live in auckland, ha silly me. anyway as I was pondering this a bit more, I noticed a bike that had passed me earlier on the side of the road.

Now it was time to actually put my money where my mouth was and so I changed into 'hurry' mode and took the next available offramp (I missed the first one cos I was thinking about it, he was just infront of it) went down to the Great North Road Offramp. did a loop-de-loop and headed back into auckland. I ended up getting off and on again at ponsnoby so pretty much my entire commute again.

I found the guy, he has a GSRX400 (I think, i dont know bikes) blue and white and found out he actually DID need help. his front brake seized on him and he had no phone etc. not much I could really do so I used my bike lights to try and help with illumination (it was 6:20pm now) and let him use my phone and gave him a smoke. chatted for a while, unfortuantly hes not on the net so I didnt bother tell him about KB.

The cops turned up and I bailed before they talked to me (no L) but I felt good, good karma coming my way if you belive in that.

yeah so thats my interesting story of the weekend.

Good on ya'.
I know from expereince that if you break down on the motorway in AK at lest a hundred so called bikers will go past before some OLD bugger stops to help.
Your an exception,good on ya' again :2thumbsup

Ixion
16th July 2005, 14:33
Well done. The Biker Gods will have noted this (they miss nothing), and much karma will eventually be yours.

What goes round, comes round.

A biker NEVER fails to stop to help another biker in trouble. Even if all you can do is a consoling word and a lift to the servo. Tis the Golden Rule and the Unwritten Gospel. Breaches of which are avenged by the dire wrath of the Biker Gods.

crashe
16th July 2005, 19:10
Good onya lad.... :clap:
well done.... :clap: :clap:

Zapf
16th July 2005, 23:13
:Punk: _____________

parsley
16th July 2005, 23:35
Good on ya.

Many years ago I was riding my old 125 in England. I was following a couple of other bikes and I'd completely forgotten I'd switched over to the reserve tank. When it ran dry I was in the middle of a country lane. I pushed the bike a mile or two (wel, it seemed like it) but when I got to the next garage it was closed (small garage, middle of countryside, Sunday afternoon). I started pushing again when a BMW pulled up alongside me to check if I was okay. When I explained the problem he rode off into the distance. About 20 minutes later he returned with a length of hose borrowed from a local pub, lay my bike down next to his and siphoned a generous quantity of petrol from his tank. When I offered him cash in return he refused, but made me promise to do the same in return if I ever saw another biker in trouble. :clap:

I sometimes wonder if he was the great Biker God himself...

rfc85
17th July 2005, 07:03
people helping people-good shit :Punk:

justsomeguy
17th July 2005, 09:00
:not: Camo :yes:

zeRax
17th July 2005, 10:59
Good on ya.

Many years ago I was riding my old 125 in England. I was following a couple of other bikes and I'd completely forgotten I'd switched over to the reserve tank. When it ran dry I was in the middle of a country lane. I pushed the bike a mile or two (wel, it seemed like it) but when I got to the next garage it was closed (small garage, middle of countryside, Sunday afternoon). I started pushing again when a BMW pulled up alongside me to check if I was okay. When I explained the problem he rode off into the distance. About 20 minutes later he returned with a length of hose borrowed from a local pub, lay my bike down next to his and siphoned a generous quantity of petrol from his tank. When I offered him cash in return he refused, but made me promise to do the same in return if I ever saw another biker in trouble. :clap:

I sometimes wonder if he was the great Biker God himself...

nice :D, maybe it was:), but would the biker god ride a beemer :\?

FEINT
17th July 2005, 11:09
Good to see bikers helping out other bikers. One of the great reasons of owning a bike.

Drew
17th July 2005, 11:10
Good on ya'.
I know from expereince that if you break down on the motorway in AK at lest a hundred so called bikers will go past before some OLD bugger stops to help.
Your an exception,good on ya' again :2thumbsup
I stopped when I saw this rough as looking guy on a Triumph a while ago, the dude was blown away, by a guy on a jappa stopping, I shot down to the garage to ring his mate for him, all went well.
I gotta wonder if he will start waving back, when someone on a jappa waves at him tho.

Ixion
17th July 2005, 11:19
nice :D, maybe it was:), but would the biker god ride a beemer :\?

BMW have their own Biker God, Helmut von HornyHumper.

Smorg
17th July 2005, 11:29
I helped a cage driver push his hunk of junk through traffic lights at oteha valley road dont know if that was good or bad karma though :weird: he might end up pushing me into the ditch one day but oh well....................... do to others as you would have them blah blah balh right?

pritch
17th July 2005, 15:37
but would the biker god ride a beemer

Perhaps. I once read a whinge in an Oz bike mag to the effect that Ducati owners only talk to BMW owners, and BMW owners only talk to God.

That'd make sense if He was one of their own. <g>

NC
17th July 2005, 16:42
I parked my bike and blocked off two lanes of traffic to help a old lady that had tripped over and smeared herself and her shopping over the road.

:no: I felt so sorry for her, no one else offered to help :mad:

crazylittleshit
17th July 2005, 17:14
Good to see bikers helping out other bikers. One of the great reasons of owning a bike.
ditto what goes around comes around..................
:Punk:

parsley
17th July 2005, 23:21
I felt so sorry for her, no one else offered to help :mad:
When I was 19 I flipped over the front of a car (her fault). I got taken to hospital and was poked, prodded and X-rayed until they decided I was just bruised and issued me with painkillers and crutches. By the time they discharged me it was rush hour so when I struggled onto the bus it was packed. The only person who had the decency to offer me a seat was a little old lady sitting in the "Please give up this seat" seat. All the suits just sat there with their face in their papers ignoring me.

Bastards all. :puke:

notme
18th July 2005, 09:02
..........About 20 minutes later he returned with a length of hose borrowed from a local pub, lay my bike down next to his and siphoned a generous quantity of petrol from his tank. When I offered him cash in return he refused, but made me promise to do the same in return if I ever saw another biker in trouble. :clap: ........

Have done the exact same myself, except I used to carry a length of hose under the seat.......Karma is not to be underrated! Problem is now that the CBR has approximately enough boot space to carry half a mouse's testicle....if it's a not-well endowed mouse that is. :oi-grr:

parsley
18th July 2005, 09:08
Have done the exact same myself, except I used to carry a length of hose under the seat.......Karma is not to be underrated! Problem is now that the CBR has approximately enough boot space to carry half a mouse's testicle....if it's a not-well endowed mouse that is. :oi-grr:
Things to do: Get length of hose for tank bag. :ride:

raster
18th July 2005, 09:52
I'll be getting my bike on the road after several years of storage, had to push it back home after going for warrant, not charging, battery went flat.
I would say there will be other things that will go wrong.
If you see me on the side of the road, please help, I tend to try and help who I can. :Punk:

WRT
18th July 2005, 13:21
You never know who it is you may be helping either, I once stopped for a guy broken down in Onehunga, turned out he worked at Cycle Treads. A few months later when i needed a new set of tyres, he hooked me up with a deal.

Big ups!