PDA

View Full Version : AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

James Deuce
18th December 2003, 17:33
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO

Guess who's wife bought him a new bike for Christmas!! :gob:

'97 Yammaha TRX 850!!

Just has to come down from Tauranga and then I'll be out terrorrising 900SSs :)

Sometimes the people you are most likely to take for granted can surprise the hell out of you!

<sigh>

I have such a cool excuse to escape the in-laws now - can't stay long - gotta go play with my Christmas present!! Bahahaaa

Jim2

Jackrat
18th December 2003, 18:04
Oh yeah!!One very cool bike,Just love the sound of them things.
You must have been a very good boy this year,hey :banana:

James Deuce
18th December 2003, 18:08
Oh yeah!!One very cool bike,Just love the sound of them things.
You must have been a very good boy this year,hey :banana:

Lol yup - Took us 9 years and innumerable indignities to have 2 kids. Jacob is 5 weeks old now so I guess this is my reward :)

Mooch
18th December 2003, 20:55
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO

'97 Yammaha TRX 850!!
And you used to give my wife a hard time about owning a Yamaha. :)
Good stuff Jim2 , look forward to seeing / hearing it soon.

curious george
18th December 2003, 21:45
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO

'97 Yammaha TRX 850!!
Jim2

Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but can I borrow your wife for next year?? :done:

LB
19th December 2003, 05:15
TRX's are lovely bikes - we've got a couple of mates with them. They sound wicked with after market pipes! Congratulations!! (on both new arrivals)

Might see you on the hill some time.

James Deuce
19th December 2003, 07:08
George I know what you mean dude, and sorry no. I can't breast feed so she stays, OK??

Lynda - yup you will - At least you can't wind me up about my 300 year old CBR any more (yes we have met) ;)

When the bike turns up I'll get the digital camera out and sort out an Avatar

Jim2

jrandom
19th December 2003, 07:12
Jacob is 5 weeks old now so I guess this is my reward :)

oh no not another bloody Jacob... jeez. Someone could have *warned* us... I've got a seven-month-old one and at this rate I suspect that by the time he gets to school they'll have to hand out Jacob numberplates.

oh, and congratulations on getting him out in one piece dude, now the fun starts :niceone:

riffer
19th December 2003, 07:16
oh no not another bloody Jacob...
I know the feeling ... try having a Jessica, Tim or Zachary :o
Plenty of them around too...

scumdog
19th December 2003, 07:22
This sit is shite! - well anyway it is the only site where the scroll goes into slow motion and it's driving me nuts (5 mins. to scroll a page in 20mm of movement each 5 to 7 seconds) :((

merv
19th December 2003, 07:28
This sit is shite! - well anyway it is the only site where the scroll goes into slow motion and it's driving me nuts (5 mins. to scroll a page in 20mm of movement each 5 to 7 seconds) :((

You must have a curse on you - don't have the problem you mention.

750Y
19th December 2003, 07:44
congrats X2 Jim.

James Deuce
19th December 2003, 09:29
oh no not another bloody Jacob... jeez. Someone could have *warned* us... I've got a seven-month-old one and at this rate I suspect that by the time he gets to school they'll have to hand out Jacob numberplates.

oh, and congratulations on getting him out in one piece dude, now the fun starts :niceone:

Lol!! We have a long tradition of James' in my family, so we thought we'd do something slightly different and give him the original version of James. We also made a list of names and kinda applied the one that fit best after we'd seen him.

Jacob's No. 2 btw - we have a 3 year old called William as well. Never had any idea just how f__ked a person can get. I've NEVER been this tired in my life but Jacob smiled yesterday (not a wind grimace) and made it all worthwhile. :love:

Last time I expect 2.7 minutes of pleasure not to have any repercussions.

Jim2

LB
19th December 2003, 16:32
Jim2 - give me another clue.......my brain has turned to slush and I can't picture you.....

James Deuce
19th December 2003, 17:07
Jim2 - give me another clue.......my brain has turned to slush and I can't picture you.....

I was with a mate who had a Guzzi 850 that you were complimenting - bout a year ago.

SPman
19th December 2003, 17:50

Yeah, I get that sometimes - drives me batty - also, with this new version, I get long lines of garbage if I try and scroll before its finished downloading!

Jacob...James....etc.....nah
Called mine Enzo and Bruno - no problems with same names there!

LB
19th December 2003, 19:53
Jim2 - still can't picture you sorry - may well remember when we see you. Keep a look-out for me on the hill - won't be there for a couple of weeks though (Wanganui then wherever it's fine).

mangell6
19th December 2003, 19:56
Rumour has it that this pratt, Jim2, is picking his Trixxie (www.trx850.com) tomorrow morning in Lower Hutt from Motomart.

He will have that silly grin on his face for ages :blah:

:bigthumb: :bigthumb: :niceone: :niceone:

Jim - Can I have a ride please, please.

Pity I can't be with you as I will be travelling to Napier and back - enjoy it mate.

James Deuce
19th December 2003, 20:05
Rumour has it that this pratt, Jim2, is picking his Trixxie (www.trx850.com) tomorrow morning in Lower Hutt from Motomart.

He will have that silly grin on his face for ages :blah:

:bigthumb: :bigthumb: :niceone: :niceone:

Jim - Can I have a ride please, please.

Pity I can't be with you as I will be travelling to Napier and back - enjoy it mate.

C ya on Sunday then??

mangell6
19th December 2003, 20:10
J2 - I have a trade off of Saturday for Sunday.

HOWEVER I am pretty sure that I will be able to talk ourselves into seeing this wonderful machine.

Now have you made a list of the mods that can be made, huh, huh???

Mike

PS Good to see Mooch on the board finally

LB
19th December 2003, 20:17
Hi guys - if I was going to be around Sunday would meet up with you, but we're going to Morrinsville tomorrow/back Sunday - to have early Christmas with my family so we can do the Wanganui thing Christmas/Boxing day. I'm talking Hamish into taking the car to M'ville, as the forecast for Sunday is shit.

McDuck
2nd November 2007, 20:52
this must be one of the oldest threads on the site, i wouder who out of ^^^^ is still around?

jrandom
2nd November 2007, 20:57
this must be one of the oldest threads on the site, i wouder who out of ^^^^ is still around?

Welcome to thread-dredging-infraction city, your complimentary red bling from the mods will arrive in 3... 2... 1...

:(

Personally, I think that such infractions should not be automatic. Sometimes bringing up an old thread, rather than starting a new one, can be an excellent way to stimulate discussion and refresh memories about what has been said in the past.

I believe that thread-dredging infractions should only be handed out when people blindly carry on discussions that were closed months or years ago, not when they consciously resurrect a thread to add something new or to stimulate nostalgia.

jrandom
2nd November 2007, 21:03
Anyway, to answer your question, it's not such an old thread (it was created more than a year after the site was formed) and about half the folk who posted in it are still quite active on the forum and happily riding bikes in the real world.

Blackbird
2nd November 2007, 21:17
The infraction should be for you jamming up cyber space with shite, not for you dredging up an old thread. Oh and having no Friday night life in the real world:whistle:

DEATH_INC.
3rd November 2007, 06:16
How about this one?
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=2

Waylander
3rd November 2007, 07:18
oh no not another y Jacob... jeez. Someone could have *warned* us... I've got a seven-month-old one and at this rate I suspect that by the time he gets to school they'll have to hand out Jacob numberplates.

I happen to like the name Jacob. It's a very good name thank you very much.

MSTRS
3rd November 2007, 07:58
I just saw the title and thought to myself 'Jim is either in a lot of pain. Or pleasure."
Seems he was....

Trudes
3rd November 2007, 10:59
Arrrr, she's a keeper that wife of yours!!!:niceone: