PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Driving Courses?

R6_kid
16th July 2005, 13:21
as i am not a qualified cage driver im fucked for the stupid CBTA course. Does the normal defensive driving course count for licence progression on a bike or am i royally fucked for another 6months. If i am there are going to be some serious bombs going off at government buildings :mad:

Jeremy
16th July 2005, 13:36
Yes defensive driving courses count. And no your not totally fucked. I'm guessing your in Auckland here and it's passrite that just screwed you over. Hamilton is only an hour away, and from what I can tell the guy in Hamilton doesn't require you to have had your 1F for 2 years or even at all. That's my plan in another 7 months, head down to Hamilton or Wellington and do it there.

myvice
16th July 2005, 15:16
Why do people make simple things so hard?
Just get a FZCBGSXGPZRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR pull the plate off then out run them! Cant catch you = dont get to see your licence = dont need one.
No plate = no photo = no nasty mail
And no rego costs! Think of the money you'll save!
Lots of money = realy good lawer!
Now I'm off to solve world hunger.
We could feed them the homeless!
F.I.G.J.A.M. :yes:

R6_kid
16th July 2005, 18:35
Yes defensive driving courses count. And no your not totally fucked. I'm guessing your in Auckland here and it's passrite that just screwed you over. Hamilton is only an hour away, and from what I can tell the guy in Hamilton doesn't require you to have had your 1F for 2 years or even at all. That's my plan in another 7 months, head down to Hamilton or Wellington and do it there.

not a bad idea... and i like riding to hamilton. Yeah that CBTA bullshit where you need a car licence how the fuck does that work? i've been riding for 3years non stop... would be on full now but im lazy so it is my fault.

So if i do just any old defensive driving course that works for a car i should be sweet.. just do the final assessment on my bike?

Lee Rusty
17th July 2005, 00:12
Ring Stu on 0274963808 - he does courses all over Auck

pyrocam
17th July 2005, 08:28
what a sad

so with passrite, you cant get a reduction in restricted license time (on a bike) without having your cage Full License?

must bookmark this thread. I was intending on doing the course as soon as I could (after fri when I get my R license *gleeee*

Why do people make simple things so hard?
Just get a FZCBGSXGPZRRRRRR ********twaddle***********
feed them the homeless!
F.I.G.J.A.M. :yes:

is it just me or is myvice going hard for the post count.

Velox
17th July 2005, 23:27
Yeah - you can do the defensive driving course for your bike. But you have to do it again for your car licence (or vice versa)!!! Shocking eh?! I think it's prob ok for if you're just a car driver but it's a huge waste of time and $ for bikers because it's all stuff that you pick up just from riding - road surface, people at the side of the road, dodey cars in front, etc.... I did it though to cut my licence time down.