PDA

View Full Version : New-ish member... first post (sparkles1)

scorpio girl
13th November 2011, 20:58
Hi all, well I've actually been a member for a few months now but am finally feeling brave enough to post (rather than being a lurker, lol). Got my learners licence at the end of May, bought my scorpio in September, and am really enjoying learning to ride! Am even at the point where I'm starting to relax a little bit which is nice :)
Restricted is booked for 1st December, with plans for lots of riding over summer so I'm confident enough to sit my full licence at the beginning of March... right before leaving for Canada where hopefully I'll get to do lots of riding too!

unstuck
14th November 2011, 05:20
Gidday and welcome. Hope you have as much fun as possible from your riding. :niceone:

p.dath
14th November 2011, 05:37
Welcome aboard. Contributing rather than lurking is what adds value to the site! :)

Maha
14th November 2011, 05:55
Hi all, well I've actually been a member for a few months now but am finally feeling brave enough to post (rather than being a lurker, lol). Got my learners licence at the end of May, bought my scorpio in September, and am really enjoying learning to ride! Am even at the point where I'm starting to relax a little bit which is nice :)
Restricted is booked for 1st December, with plans for lots of riding over summer so I'm confident enough to sit my full licence at the beginning of March... right before leaving for Canada where hopefully I'll get to do lots of riding too!

Pity you didn't login earlier...there is a space left for the Learner ride to the cape this weekend..

http://www.kiwibiker.zyns.com/forums/showthread.php/141753-Learner-Ride-to-Cape-Reinga-(20-November)

Newbi
14th November 2011, 07:02
Welcome to the weird and wonderful world that is Kiwibiker, Maha is right you should definately come on the ride to the Cape, I am VERY new to riding and I'm going. I am slowly learning to relax more when riding, (slowly :laugh:) Shame it's such short notice now.:no:

scorpio girl
14th November 2011, 16:54
Thanks everyone for the friendly welcome :)

Maha - would have loved to come along this weekend, I did see the post about that the other day... unfortunately I have work commitments on friday and saturday, and then you'll all be going home! Sounds like it's gonna be so much fun though, and great riding experience. Would be great to meet like minded people too! If you're planning on any more learner rides up this way before March I'd definitely be keen. :yes:

Newbi - you'll be away laughing after the ride this weekend! ;)

Maha
14th November 2011, 17:00
Thanks everyone for the friendly welcome :)

Maha - would have loved to come along this weekend, I did see the post about that the other day... unfortunately I have work commitments on friday and saturday, and then you'll all be going home! Sounds like it's gonna be so much fun though, and great riding experience. Would be great to meet like minded people too! If you're planning on any more learner rides up this way before March I'd definitely be keen. :yes:

Newbi - you'll be away laughing after the ride this weekend! ;)

I have two tour rides in mind for the warmer months of next year.
One in the North and the other south of Auckland.

scorpio girl
14th November 2011, 17:38
I have two tour rides in mind for the warmer months of next year.
One in the North and the other south of Auckland.

Awesome! I'll make sure I check in regularly so I don't miss out next time :)

Mom
14th November 2011, 17:43
Welcome to KB sparkles1. Just watch out for the trolls, though feeding them can be amusing for others. Good to hear you are gaining confidence. Do make sure you watch out for new rides in Meetings and Events, as I know for sure there is a norf ride in the pipeline :yes:

Scorpios are cool little bikes :yes:

bikerdan
14th November 2011, 17:50
When i sat my restricted way back ......I went wrong way the cop following me stopped and had to wait.. I passed but he wasnt that amused...

bikerdan
14th November 2011, 17:51
When i sat my restricted way back ......I went wrong way the cop following me stopped and had to wait.. I passed but he wasnt that amused...

scorpio girl
14th November 2011, 19:09
Welcome to KB sparkles1. Just watch out for the trolls, though feeding them can be amusing for others. Good to hear you are gaining confidence. Do make sure you watch out for new rides in Meetings and Events, as I know for sure there is a norf ride in the pipeline :yes:

Scorpios are cool little bikes :yes:

Thanks Mom, will definitely do that (watch out for trolls as well as new rides I mean!). And yep I have to say I'm quite fond of my scorpio :)

Bugger... have made a mental note to try not to do that for my restricted. lol :D

newhere
2nd December 2011, 18:24

Hi there, I have seen you lurking about lol, I am in Whangarei also so feel free to send a message if your keen to go for a ride. :wings:

Hellzie
2nd December 2011, 18:38
Hi Scorpio girl! How did your restricted go?? Hope to see you on the next learner ride. I am on my restricted at the mo, can't wait to get my full on Friday the 13thof January. Woooooo! :wings:

Mom
2nd December 2011, 19:41
Hi Scorpio girl! How did your restricted go?? Hope to see you on the next learner ride. I am on my restricted at the mo, can't wait to get my full on Friday the 13thof January. Woooooo! :wings:

Friday the 13th is a very special day. One of my lovelies was born on a Friday, one on a Thursday, both on the 13th :wings: My baby was due on the 7th, I was certain she would arrive on the 13th (the others were late), but no, 1am on the 7th...

Hellzie
2nd December 2011, 19:53
Friday the 13th is a very special day. One of my lovelies was born on a Friday, one on a Thursday, both on the 13th :wings: My baby was due on the 7th, I was certain she would arrive on the 13th (the others were late), but no, 1am on the 7th...

I was so super keen to book my full ASAP I went online and it said it was all booked out for pretty much the whole of January.... And I kept checking each consequtive day, cos the stupid website doesn't tell you when there are available slots, trial and error only..... Eventually, I realized there was something fishy going on... After all, surely full licence tests couldn't be tha high in demand 2 months out.. Called over the phone and found out you can only book 1 month out... Eager beaver here has entered it into the calendar for dec 13 th to book it in. Can't wait! However not keen on saying goodbye to my hornet just yet. Still love it to pieces and feel I have lots of learning to go before jumping onto a bigger beast.

scorpio girl
2nd December 2011, 20:03
Hi there, I have seen you lurking about lol, I am in Whangarei also so feel free to send a message if your keen to go for a ride. :wings:
Hmm, being caught lurking, that's embarrassing :o lol. Would be great to meet you & go for a ride :yes: I am having fun riding around on my own but do get a bit lonely sometimes!

I passed, woo hoo! :wings: Now to do a defensive driving course so I can sit my full at the beginning of March before leaving the country... exciting that your test is so close! I am keeping my eyes peeled for the next learner ride up this way, am super keen, am not going to miss out again!!

scorpio girl
2nd December 2011, 20:10
I was so super keen to book my full ASAP I went online and it said it was all booked out for pretty much the whole of January.... And I kept checking each consequtive day, cos the stupid website doesn't tell you when there are available slots, trial and error only..... Eventually, I realized there was something fishy going on... After all, surely full licence tests couldn't be tha high in demand 2 months out.. Called over the phone and found out you can only book 1 month out... Eager beaver here has entered it into the calendar for dec 13 th to book it in. Can't wait! However not keen on saying goodbye to my hornet just yet. Still love it to pieces and feel I have lots of learning to go before jumping onto a bigger beast.

Now there's a plan, I might write a reminder in my diary for 1st Feb to remind me to book my full for 1st March :)

I think our first bike is always going to special :love: hehe

Mom
2nd December 2011, 20:33
Hmm, being caught lurking, that's embarrassing :o lol. Would be great to meet you & go for a ride :yes: I am having fun riding around on my own but do get a bit lonely sometimes!

I passed, woo hoo! :wings: Now to do a defensive driving course so I can sit my full at the beginning of March before leaving the country... exciting that your test is so close! I am keeping my eyes peeled for the next learner ride up this way, am super keen, am not going to miss out again!!

Congratulations! Just be careful of the spelling...

New here

or

as we prefer to say

N E where :love:

scorpio girl
2nd December 2011, 20:52
Congratulations! Just be careful of the spelling...

New here

or

as we prefer to say

N E where :love:

Hehe, that's clever! :)

Mom
2nd December 2011, 20:54
Hehe, that's clever! :)

I know.

My name is a bitch...

MOM

scorpio girl
4th December 2011, 17:17
I know.

My name is a bitch...

MOM

Yes, not quite so much to go on there... although I bet the trolls could come up with some acronyms for you? lol

Mom
4th December 2011, 17:22
... although I bet the trolls could come up with some acronyms for you? lol

No doubt...