PDA

View Full Version : Trials Bike For Sale :(

Trakxntrials
16th July 2005, 16:45
Hey guys, just thought I would let you know that the Newly restored Honda TLR 200, 1983 is up for grabs.

It has to move over for the more Classic types, Triumph and BSA.

Damn Terry needs a bigger workshop :whistle:

Anyway, if your interested, it is listed in Trade Me auction #31440873.

There is a lighting kit for the front and rear.

New Chains/Sproket/Tyres and other bits n pieces, as in the picture.

And there is a second incomplete bike that will go with it - for spares

So if you know anyone that would like a nice little bike - tell them about this one. :yes:

Motu
16th July 2005, 21:59
I saw that at the Orere Point trial,unbelievably perfect...it'd be a shame to use it for it's intended use.They weren't that nice even new!

Trakxntrials
16th July 2005, 22:42
Aww shucks ... your making me *blush*.
It is an awesome bike - quite a smoothe ride - shame to get it dirty really!

spiller
18th July 2005, 13:26
Hey, great looking bike.

Good to see there are others out there willing to put in the hours reqired to re-store tired bikes.

Good luck with the sale!

Badcat
18th July 2005, 13:55
Hey guys, just thought I would let you know that the Newly restored Honda TLR 200, 1983 is up for grabs.

It has to move over for the more Classic types, Triumph and BSA.

Damn Terry needs a bigger workshop :whistle:

Anyway, if your interested, it is listed in Trade Me auction #31440873.

There is a lighting kit for the front and rear.

New Chains/Sproket/Tyres and other bits n pieces, as in the picture.

And there is a second incomplete bike that will go with it - for spares

So if you know anyone that would like a nice little bike - tell them about this one. :yes:

how much do you want for it?

Trakxntrials
18th July 2005, 15:22
Well Terry has set the reserve high, just to see what interest (if any???) is out there for the bike - if it meets the $$$ that he hopes for (not necessarily the reserve), he will let it go (up on offer) - but if it doesnt reach anywhere near what he would like to get - he will keep it. He is not too worried either way. Just means we will have to sell the house and buy a multi plex garage/workshop - Haha! It is a nice bike to ride - I can ride it *cheesy grin* I am just not too used to handling the 'ummph' of it. I was going to ride it in the "Novice/clubmans" - but I'm not too experienced in the "Trials" riding style YET! And dont want to give you blokes too much to laugh at *wink, wink*

Trakxntrials
18th July 2005, 15:26
Thanks for the positive coments "Spiller". I think rebuilding and restoring bikes are one of Terry's passions (besides me of course - Haha!)
He bought a Triumph Tiger Cub a couple of months ago and is in the middle of doing that up. He also acquired a BSA last Xmas - and that is awaiting some bits from the UK. So it is all go. When these projects are finished I will post pics up for you guys to nosey at.

Chow for now :)

Badcat
18th July 2005, 15:39
Well Terry has set the reserve high, just to see what interest (if any???) is out there for the bike - if it meets the $$$ that he hopes for (not necessarily the reserve), he will let it go (up on offer) - but if it doesnt reach anywhere near what he would like to get - he will keep it. He is not too worried either way. Just means we will have to sell the house and buy a multi plex garage/workshop - Haha! It is a nice bike to ride - I can ride it *cheesy grin* I am just not too used to handling the 'ummph' of it. I was going to ride it in the "Novice/clubmans" - but I'm not too experienced in the "Trials" riding style YET! And dont want to give you blokes too much to laugh at *wink, wink*

i'm currently rebuilding a '79 xt500 from a bare frame, so i know what a huge amount of work it is:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=11291&highlight=tracker
i don't mean to be rude, but some idea of the price ballpark would be very handy. i AM interested.

ken

Trakxntrials
18th July 2005, 17:48
Hi Ken, give Terry a call tonight or ??? in the evenings when it suits you... our phone numbers are listed in the Trade Me auction - just look by my trading name. He is not home yet - must be working overtime to pay for all these restorations. But have a chat with him and I am sure he will be able to answer your questions for you and give you an indication of what he wants. (Straight from the horses mouth) so to speak!

Rincewind
26th July 2005, 20:18
What a super looking little machine, I had one just like it many years ago, I've never really got over it, it was just awsome to ride on and off stages.

I'm in the throe's of restoring my DR 600 Suzuki and could do ith some usefull name's and addresses for the thing's I don't do myself,having just left all my contact's behind in Pommy Land...

Powder coating and plating polishing etc....

Good luck with the sale, if I wasn't commited to this big beastie I'd prise me wallet open for ya....

Trakxntrials
27th July 2005, 21:00
Hi Solakid,
Welcome to the NZ - from another immigrant.
The company that I used for the engine coating and all the nuts and bolts etc and all the basic painting on this bike, is called "HPC Coatings" or High Performance Coatings. They are based in Unit 0/62 Mahia Road, Manurewa, Auckland ph: (09) 267-1007 or free phone 0800-472-832.
And if you are looking for any other contacts, I can recommend you to get a copy of "MotorCycle Marketplace" magazine. They have quite alot of companies advertising different services.
Hope this can be of help to you.
All the best with your project, hope to see a picture of yours when it is completed.

Rincewind
30th July 2005, 22:53
Hi Solakid,
Welcome to the NZ - from another immigrant.
The company that I used for the engine coating and all the nuts and bolts etc and all the basic painting on this bike, is called "HPC Coatings" or High Performance Coatings. They are based in Unit 0/62 Mahia Road, Manurewa, Auckland ph: (09) 267-1007 or free phone 0800-472-832.
And if you are looking for any other contacts, I can recommend you to get a copy of "MotorCycle Marketplace" magazine. They have quite alot of companies advertising different services.
Hope this can be of help to you.
All the best with your project, hope to see a picture of yours when it is completed.
Thank's for the info, pulled a few bits off today, may give em a call on Monday