PDA

View Full Version : Is turning yourself in a good idea?

thehollowmen
17th July 2005, 14:03
I did something bad.
I have (had?) a temper problem, I didn't even see this much red when I had my bike kicked over. Today I went past two bike parks in town, both with cars in them. When I arrived at my destination, another bike park had a car in it. I waited ten minutes, went into Smith city and called the council. They said they couldn't get it towed because they don't have anybody employed on a Sunday.

I walked around, asked people if it was their car. Went outside and asked people for a pen and paper... about half an hour had passed by this time.

Then I lost it. I hadn't felt this mad for years, and I took my chain oil can and sprayed "Piss off" across the windscreen.

As soon as I did this, a guy got out the cellphone and started ringing the police. I'm sure he gave them my description and probably my license plate number. He came over and said that what I was doing was illegal, and I told him that all I wanted was 60 minutes to park in a safe spot and a piece of paper so I could write a note to the owner, but couldn't get it. He said that was understandable, but he'd still made the phone call, and he went and got me a pen and paper. I wiped what I could off with the pants I was trying to get in to the tailors.

I feel bad about it, I know I shouldn't have done it.

This week has been really stressful and last night I ended up being the sober driver to two very drunk people, chucking all over the place.

I know that's rationalising, and what I did was wrong and that I lost it.

I am expecting the police to knock on the door any time now, should I just ring them and tell them it was me and how to contact me?

Ixion
17th July 2005, 14:13
Forget it. If your local police have time to bother with stuff like that, you're living in a different country to me. Unless you had the bad luck for it to be the car of a local bigwig who's friends with the Chief Plod.

Oil on windscreen , no permanent damage.

Ask the police (if you do ever hear from them) why they aren't enforcing the parking law.

Personally, I'd have pulled their tyre valves."You want to park in a bike park , mate. Well, now you can get your fill of it."

Gee, what have bikers come down to, when they get the guilts over something like that.

speights_bud
17th July 2005, 15:36
Fricken cagers. They deserved it. Good job:clap:

NC
17th July 2005, 16:12
Yeah I had a massive argument with a bitch about her parking her BONGO WAGON in a MC park, apparently she was allowed to park there cause she was Maori. I told her not to pull that shit on me cause I was Maori too ( I'm not, I just tan well and have a flat nose).

I would have let some tyres down and left a note saying
"Now you have two wheels, FUCKER"

I'm not going to tell you to control your temper, cause I would have done the same thing, more than likely soemthing way worse, depending on that time of the month. Cause you know, that's what it all comes down to, "hormones" not cunts rarking us up. :whistle:

onearmedbandit
17th July 2005, 16:16
No lasting damage, no problem. I wouldn't stress yourself over it. However, maybe carrying some nails (maybe like the building ones, the type secured to a backing plate) to leave discreetly under their tyres as a 'little' reminder.

NC
17th July 2005, 16:18
No lasting damage, no problem. I wouldn't stress yourself over it. However, maybe carrying some nails (maybe like the building ones, the type secured to a backing plate) to leave discreetly under their tyres as a 'little' reminder.
Z-nails :devil2:

myvice
17th July 2005, 16:29
Good on ya, have done things I'm not too proud of to cars parked in OUR spots myself. Not proud but I still giggle about them. :devil2:
If the cops turn up can you ask them for me why thay dont turn up when you have a prowler?
Check out what our Russian counterparts do to cars, Russians hard thread.
Dont call them, thay know where to find you!

thehollowmen
17th July 2005, 16:51
Truth be told, I rang up police coms not long after I made this post, said who I was and what I'd done.

They took my details, my phone number, and then the friendly non-sworn in coms person said "that's the sort of person who parks in a handicapped zone, I hope you get away with it but don't do it again"

Usually I'm really good about controlling my temper. This last week has been really rough though, haven't been this mad for years... totally irrational and shouldn't have even driven home.

scumdog
17th July 2005, 17:07
Hell, what a waste of chain oil!! :rofl:

Seriously, I wouldn't have wiped it off, I would have left tout-siut before anybody got my number - (this is unofficial BTW)

At least you didn't hit anybody/smash the car.

**R1**
17th July 2005, 17:13
FUCK EM....:whocares: u should have wiped the oil off with gravel..

TwoSeven
17th July 2005, 17:21
Think of it this way.

Chap comes out of shop, sees you spraying stuff on his car, loses his temper from for the same reason you did, yells blue murder at you, you lose your rag even more and beat 10 shades of pale out of him - where does it go from there.

Personally, phoning up the ol' bill and having a chat is a good therapy for anger management.

thehollowmen
17th July 2005, 17:35
Think of it this way.

Chap comes out of shop, sees you spraying stuff on his car, loses his temper from for the same reason you did, yells blue murder at you, you lose your rag even more and beat 10 shades of pale out of him - where does it go from there.

Personally, phoning up the ol' bill and having a chat is a good therapy for anger management.

yeah, I know. That's why I'm gonna keep a good grip on things now. I'm appauled at my behaviour, and that's why I rang the cops and told them what I did. I take full responsability for my actions there.

As the saying goes: if I keep a good grip on reality then I can choke the hell out of it later.

I rang the council, they didn't want to do anything because it is Sunday. I know the police in town won't usually respond to things like that either. That is a waste of thier time and it is why we pay parking wardens with our rates / fines.

Once bitten, twice shy. I'm not going to do this again because I can't believe that I sank that low. Temper will be controlled better now.

MSTRS
17th July 2005, 17:52
Temper will be controlled better now.
Until you see the same prat parked as before??? My MIL always says that revenge is a dish best eaten cold. Use the time until 'next time' wisely, and dream up a suitable form of punishment for the bastard.

SixPackBack
17th July 2005, 17:58
do not beat yourself up over this one, take it as warning about your temper.....better get some control happening dude

Ixion
17th July 2005, 18:02

He means gang nail plates. Z nails are the other, bent ones. Both are good, but gang nails are ususally too short to ppenetrate a tyre. Z nails are best.

MSTRS
17th July 2005, 18:05
He means gang nail plates. Z nails are the other, bent ones. Both are good, but gang nails are ususally too short to ppenetrate a tyre. Z nails are best.
Was that you in Greenmeadows about a year ago?? Just you wait til your father gets home!

MSTRS
17th July 2005, 18:11
Until you see the same prat parked as before??? My MIL always says that revenge is a dish best eaten cold. Use the time until 'next time' wisely, and dream up a suitable form of punishment for the bastard.
Quoting myself - sheesh that's bad but you could put this on a floppy to leave under their wiper (NWS)

NC
17th July 2005, 18:15
Thanks for pointing that out to me what the difference is between a Z-nail and nail plates, hang on wait! I knew the difference. I was suggesting an alternative.

Perhaps I really should elaborate more in my posts, but to be honest, I can’t be fucked having a big spiel on about crap, I just get to the point, and I don’t need a waffle iron

Personally I use a knife to slash the tyre, you know put it just in the wall of the tyre near the rim of the wheel, less effort.

marty
17th July 2005, 18:24
here's a little trick i learnt somewhere. get a small stone, take off the valve cap, put said stone inside cap, screw back on til it quietly goes psssstttttt. tyre(s) slowly go(es) down. you're looooong gone :)

Ixion
17th July 2005, 18:27
here's a little trick i learnt somewhere. get a small stone, take off the valve cap, put said stone inside cap, screw back on til it quietly goes psssstttttt. tyre(s) slowly go(es) down. you're looooong gone :)

TWO valves. TWO stones. ONE spare. :devil2:

phaedrus
18th July 2005, 03:24
just take two wheels off and take them with you, leave a note along the lines of "you had too many wheels to use this park. I've sorted it for you.

you're welcome."

- of course i don't need to tell you that this is a bad idea(tm)

thehollowmen
18th July 2005, 07:53
Well, I found out he isn't going to the police. I wonder what the police will do considering I dobbed myself in.

The guy who eventually came over and gave me the pen and paper *was* the owner of the car but was deadpan about it and he'd been watching me for 20+ minutes from outside his work. Why he hadn't shifted it, even to free up one motorbike park, god knows.

He is "an arsehole of a worker who deserved everything he got for parking there for six and a half hours, and I warned him against parking there this morning"

And everybody at his work is laughing at him for being a jerk and finally getting payback.

I'm not gonna do this again. I'm surprised he didn't move it, or didn't go apeshit at me, or phone the police. But I am surprised at how much I lucked out. This could be very bad, I could have been done for intentional damage, even blamed for the key marks the car has (which I didn't put there) and that would have been expensive.

Handle back on temper. I'm good now. This will not happen again.
Next time I will go directally to police and / or a tow company, as per suggestion.

parsley
18th July 2005, 09:07
I would draw the line at causing damage to the cage, but oil on the windscreen seems perfectly justified. Not sure about blowing the tyres - if he comes back he wouldn't be able to move it, and would just be taking up valuable MC spaces for longer!

skidz
18th July 2005, 09:13
The easiest thing to do is park your bike in a whole car park. they don't like that much. A cop asked me once why I did that, and I told him that if he would get the car shifted out of our bike park, then I could use that. He did, and thank you Mr Cop.

Firefight
18th July 2005, 09:13
pm me your addy, I'll send you some oil to replace the stuff you used.

F/F

NordieBoy
18th July 2005, 09:25
I just park right up the arse/front of the offending car/van and sit down close by and have a pie or whatever.

vifferman
18th July 2005, 09:31
So it was you spreading z-nails on the Wellingtown m-ways? :eek:

Smorg
18th July 2005, 09:39
I agree with the park in front and have a pie! :yes: but for extreme cases i carry a bottle of brake fluid in the compartment under my seat thankfully ive only used it once or twice :whistle:

zadok
18th July 2005, 09:47
I'm not gonna do this again.
Handle back on temper. I'm good now. This will not happen again.
Next time I will go directally to police and / or a tow company, as per suggestion.
You said it all. Lesson learned here. Onya mate. :clap:

vifferman
18th July 2005, 09:53
I wish the BoiRacR that f*$%ed our Fiat on Saturday night would turn himself in!

We got back from our holiday, emptied the car, then I took the Fiat out of the gargre so the wife could drive straight in when she returned from her FoodForagingExpedition. "Hmmmmm.... should I park it over the other side of the road, or wait till she gets back and park it on the apron?" (no driveway).
A few minutes later, she returns, and a couple of minutes after that (less than 10 after I put it there), a neighbour comes to tell us that the Fiat is now in the middle of the road, having been shunted there by a guy in one of two black cars that were "racing around the streets". They both took off before she could get their licence plate numbers. :mad: Great. So we now have to pay for a new back bumper and tailgate.
Luckily, the handbrake wasn't on very hard, and it's weak anyway, so the damage was less than it could have been.
We've reported the 'hit'n'run' to the cops, and yesterday son#2 saw a car around the corner which matched the description - it also had damage consistent with the bits left on the road, and with running into a silver-painted Fiat. So hopefully the cops can follow that up before it's repaired, so we can match the bits of indicator and headlight to that car.

Ixion
18th July 2005, 10:04
The easiest thing to do is park your bike in a whole car park. they don't like that much. A cop asked me once why I did that, and I told him that if he would get the car shifted out of our bike park, then I could use that. He did, and thank you Mr Cop.

I regularly park in car park car spaces. If there's a bike park convenient I'll use that, but if not I just park in a cage spot. We pay higher rego than them anyway, so we're MORE entitled than they are.

jazbug5
18th July 2005, 10:05
Hmmm.

What a total pr*ck. I'm not sure what the damage was, here? It sounds as though you were pretty restrained to me, although if you felt so angry you were having difficulty controlling yourself, then maybe that's a separate issue?

Anyway, one of my anecdotes: I used to live on Tower Bridge Road in London. Busy, as you might imagine. It was a flat on several floors (we called it 'The Tower') and it was above a florist's. Like all the flats on that block, entrance was from the back, via an alleyway. And regularly, we would find that vans parked in there despite the signs, blocking in cars and my courier flatmate's motorbike; not to mention us. A very narrow alleyway, it was near impossible to sidle past, especially carrying a mountain bike, as I tended to be doing. Worst of all, they often chose to stop at the exact spot our door was, meaning that we were actually stuck in our house. Because it was 'private land', the police would do nothing about it. Of course, several vans that did this had a little panelwork damage as I (repeatedly) tried to knock back the unknown 'obstruction', while having a 'panic attack' brought on by being trapped.

One day, I got home after a particularly crap day at work, having had several white van drivers try to take me out, only to find our entry way blocked again. I had had enough, and pulling out my handy craft knife (I was a design student at this point) I 'customised' their tyres for them.

Then I rang the firm that owned it; "Oh, hi there... look, one of your van drivers is going to need a tow pretty soon. Why? Well, he parked in our alley where the local schoolkids go for a fag after school, and they've obviously slashed his tyres for a prank... not that he should be obstructing our driveway, either, by the way..."

Well, the woman I was speaking to responded by saying that actually, he'd be getting his cards as soon as he got back, now. I felt a bit crap at that: asked her why, if all he'd done was park in the wrong place? It turns out, he was supposed to be working on the other side of London. And where he was was right around the corner from the boss's place, where in all probability she was having it away with the boss's wife... and now they had had their suspicions confirmed...

oops!

thehollowmen
18th July 2005, 10:22
I just park right up the arse/front of the offending car/van and sit down close by and have a pie or whatever.
that wouldn't have worked. He was there for six and a half hours :nono:

Yeah, I do that usually, and take their license number so I can track them down if they hit my baby, but there wasn't anywhere to park... this set of four or five parks has yellow dashed lines all around them

thehollowmen
18th July 2005, 10:27
I wish the BoiRacR that f*$%ed our Fiat on Saturday night would turn himself in!

We got back from our holiday, emptied the car, then I took the Fiat out of the gargre so the wife could drive straight in when she returned from her FoodForagingExpedition. "Hmmmmm.... should I park it over the other side of the road, or wait till she gets back and park it on the apron?" (no driveway).
A few minutes later, she returns, and a couple of minutes after that (less than 10 after I put it there), a neighbour comes to tell us that the Fiat is now in the middle of the road, having been shunted there by a guy in one of two black cars that were "racing around the streets". They both took off before she could get their licence plate numbers. :mad: Great. So we now have to pay for a new back bumper and tailgate.
Luckily, the handbrake wasn't on very hard, and it's weak anyway, so the damage was less than it could have been.
We've reported the 'hit'n'run' to the cops, and yesterday son#2 saw a car around the corner which matched the description - it also had damage consistent with the bits left on the road, and with running into a silver-painted Fiat. So hopefully the cops can follow that up before it's repaired, so we can match the bits of indicator and headlight to that car.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Good luck and I hope the cops take them for everything they can.

vifferman
18th July 2005, 10:32
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Good luck and I hope the cops take them for everything they can.
Yeah, me too. I'm hoping the car we saw IS the one, so we don't have a big hit on our insurance or wallets. If the prick had stopped and sorted it, we would've kept the cops out of it, but if they catch him, he's got car repairs to pay for plus a ticket for careless use plus another for failing to stop after an accident. My bet is that he didn't stop because either he has no insurance, or there's something dodgy with his licence, or both.

GROOMER
18th July 2005, 10:34
Writing on their car or similar is almost Ok considering..but oil on the windscreen is not such a good idea. If they happened to be driving down the road and used their washer jets, or it rained ... they got a shit show of seeing where they're going :no:

thehollowmen
18th July 2005, 10:35
Writing on their car or similar is almost Ok considering..but oil on the windscreen is not such a good idea. If they happened to be driving down the road and used their washer jets, or it rained ... they got a shit show of seeing where they're going :no:
Yep
I'm feeling really bad about it considering the weather today

MSTRS
18th July 2005, 10:36
If they are blind enough to not see the oil/grease first, then how is it that they are allowd to drive?

GROOMER
18th July 2005, 10:38
If they are blind enough to not see the oil/grease first, then how is it that they are allowd to drive?

Well he mentioned he had wiped most of it off. still leaves residue?
And theres at least 50% of the driving population who shouldnt be allowed to drive :D

ManDownUnder
18th July 2005, 10:45
I regularly park in car park car spaces. If there's a bike park convenient I'll use that, but if not I just park in a cage spot. We pay higher rego than them anyway, so we're MORE entitled than they are.

I hadn't thought of the financial angle (but I agree totally with it...) I like looking at it from a convenience point of view. I a person wants to park there - they can! More often than not that vehicle is a car, but it still only has 1 person it in. My behicle has two wheels... but one person.

That being said, if I can find a bike park handy, I'll use it out sheer consideration for others (do unto others and all that)... but having one person in a vehicle being more "entitled" to a parking space thatn another? NOPE. It doesn't wash wih me... (coz I don't wash..)

MDU

ManDownUnder
18th July 2005, 10:47
Out of interest... I have heard wallpaper paste applied to the windscreen... followed by a layer of newspaper has the desired effect without leaving permanent damage...

thehollowmen
18th July 2005, 10:53
I hadn't thought of the financial angle (but I agree totally with it...) I like looking at it from a convenience point of view. I a person wants to park there - they can! More often than not that vehicle is a car, but it still only has 1 person it in. My behicle has two wheels... but one person.

That being said, if I can find a bike park handy, I'll use it out sheer consideration for others (do unto others and all that)... but having one person in a vehicle being more "entitled" to a parking space thatn another? NOPE. It doesn't wash wih me... (coz I don't wash..)

MDU

The bylaws here won't let motorcycles park in metered carparks, or carparks that are one car length long. We're not even allowed to squeeze in between the cars if there is a big enough gap.

In dunedin we have metered parks and have to keep the ticket on my dash. I've been ticketed when I'd purchased three of them. One for under the screen, one for on my spedo, (hoping people wouldn't nick both of those) and one in my pocket.

I got and paid tickets for all of that.
Frankly it sucks and it is another reason I'm thinking of moving away.

skidz
18th July 2005, 11:04
A bit of superglue on thier wipers would do the trick!!

phaedrus
18th July 2005, 13:21
The bylaws here won't let motorcycles park in metered carparks, or carparks that are one car length long.

I think you've been shitted to.
section 13.5 for who can park where
and 13.8 for those parking meters

in my messed up understanding, i couldn't find anything saying no motorbikes in carparks.

Dunedin parking bylaws (http://cityofdunedin.resultspage.com/search?p=R&srid=S14&lbc=dcc&w=motorcycle%20parking&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ecityofdunedin%2ecom%2fcity% 2f%3fMIvalObj%3dbylaws%5fthirteen%26MItypeObj%3dap plication%2fpdf%26ext%3d%2epdf%23page%3d5&rk=1&uid=134807262&sid=2&ts=custom&rsc=5sxMk4xpUCBvRLQX&method=and)

Ixion
18th July 2005, 13:31

in my messed up understanding, i couldn't find anything saying no motorbikes in carparks.

Dunedin parking bylaws (http://cityofdunedin.resultspage.com/search?p=R&srid=S14&lbc=dcc&w=motorcycle%20parking&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ecityofdunedin%2ecom%2fcity% 2f%3fMIvalObj%3dbylaws%5fthirteen%26MItypeObj%3dap plication%2fpdf%26ext%3d%2epdf%23page%3d5&rk=1&uid=134807262&sid=2&ts=custom&rsc=5sxMk4xpUCBvRLQX&method=and)

In fact (b)

(b) Where more than one motor cycle occupies a metered space it shall not be
necessary for the payment of more than one parking fee to be made provided that no vehicle
shall remain parked in the metered space after the time that the meter has expired.

clearly implies that motorcycles may occupy metered spaces (ie car type ones). Provided of course that they pay the appropriate fee. Caveat : I am not a Dunedinite

Motoracer
18th July 2005, 13:45
FUCK EM....:whocares: u should have wiped the oil off with gravel..

What he said!!

ManDownUnder
18th July 2005, 14:19
I did something bad.
I have (had?) a temper problem

-details gone - snip-

Then I lost it. I hadn't felt this mad for years, and I took my chain oil can and sprayed "Piss off" across the windscreen.

-details gone - snip-

I feel bad about it, I know I shouldn't have done it.

Chap - good post. My suggestion is to talk to someone and find out if you DO have an anger problem, and if so - what can be done. I'd take what happened as a warning sign, and take action to make sure it doesn't happen again - and you stay out of prison.

There are number of reasons you did what you did, but it's bloody impressive that you recognise it. Those factors don't excuse it, but they do mitigate it a bit.

Restitution in this case will make you feel good about yourself, and I'd be prepared to talk to the cops, tell them what you did and why, and offer to pay for damages.

It won't be easy, but my personal thought is that it needs to be done.

Good luck - PM me if you want to find out about next steps...
MDU

MSTRS
18th July 2005, 14:43
What the hell are all these posts about "you done good to recognise your anger problem, go get help etc' ??? WTF? You had every right to be pissed off at this arsehole & you did nothing 'bad' in expressing that anger. People are too fuken PC these days. "I say old chap, did my shadow give you a fright? Here, let's get together with those people over there, we'll all have a nice little group hug/counselling session and that way your trauma will be more able to be coped with."
Fuck off.
The only thing you did wrong was to ruin a pair of pants in volutarilty cleaning up. The arsehole you aimed it at sure didn't have to do anything, except have a good laugh at your expense. What did you teach the prat? Nothing.
Next time, ring a towie at the very least. And for fuck's sake, don't apologise. Stand there & have a laugh yourself.

ManDownUnder
18th July 2005, 14:55
What the hell are all these posts about "you done good to recognise your anger problem, go get help etc' ??? WTF? You had every right to be pissed off at this arsehole & you did nothing 'bad' in expressing that anger. People are too fuken PC these days. "I say old chap, did my shadow give you a fright? Here, let's get together with those people over there, we'll all have a nice little group hug/counselling session and that way your trauma will be more able to be coped with."
Fuck off.
The only thing you did wrong was to ruin a pair of pants in volutarilty cleaning up. The arsehole you aimed it at sure didn't have to do anything, except have a good laugh at your expense. What did you teach the prat? Nothing.
Next time, ring a towie at the very least. And for fuck's sake, don't apologise. Stand there & have a laugh yourself.

Agreed about the towie no problems there/ They parked in thge wrong place - tow them. They do need it to be poinbted out - they're abuse the system and yeah... bugger them.

Feeling bad about something you did also needs action though. I'm not suggesting turning into a tree hugger, I'm saying that if you pick up danger signs in your own behaviour then do something about it.

If you can help yourself - do it. If not, find someone that can.
MDU

MSTRS
18th July 2005, 15:16
Feeling bad about something you did also needs action though. I'm not suggesting turning into a tree hugger, I'm saying that if you pick up danger signs in your own behaviour then do something about it.

Only if there was no reason for the bad behaviour/anger, surely? Otherwise if provoked, shall we say, then give vent where it belongs in a manner which serves to teach the arsehole a lesson.

ManDownUnder
18th July 2005, 15:26
Only if there was no reason for the bad behaviour/anger, surely? Otherwise if provoked, shall we say, then give vent where it belongs in a manner which serves to teach the arsehole a lesson.

Agreed. My concern is with the "seeing red" and lashing out kind of behaviour...

If it were me (and nothing else had previously wound me up), I'd be on the phone and supervising the tow truck... complete with vindictive smile if/when the prat owning the thing showed up.

If it came on top of a bad day I'd do the same thing - on top of a REAL bad day - I'd personally walk away rather than get myself in the shit. It's not worth it (but I'll admit it feels bloody good at the time)

MDU

MSTRS
18th July 2005, 15:31
STRESS is caused by the mind over-riding the body's desire to choke the shit out of some arsehole who desperately deserves it.
Who needs that sort of stress??

v.ros`
18th July 2005, 15:33
I was wondering that maybe those guys parked there coz being SUNDAY.. i think its allwoed to park cars in the MC parking.

Everyone does that near the akl uni gym......

Ixion
18th July 2005, 15:36
Bet when there's not a bike park available the prat parks in handicapped spaces. :mad:

mstriumph
18th July 2005, 15:38
... this is madness!!
THEY erred, YOU reacted - it's over, get over it ....... pobody's nerfect :whocares:
yeah, I know. That's why I'm gonna keep a good grip on things now. I'm appauled at my behaviour, and that's why I rang the cops and told them what I did. I take full responsability for my actions there.

As the saying goes: if I keep a good grip on reality then I can choke the hell out of it later.

I rang the council, they didn't want to do anything because it is Sunday. I know the police in town won't usually respond to things like that either. That is a waste of thier time and it is why we pay parking wardens with our rates / fines.

Once bitten, twice shy. I'm not going to do this again because I can't believe that I sank that low. Temper will be controlled better now.

yungatart
18th July 2005, 15:57
Get over it man. No harm done and you made your point. Maybe the prat will think twice before he acts like a dick again ( don't hold your breath tho, those types often need more than one lesson!)

thehollowmen
18th July 2005, 18:59

I wish I had that six months ago when I got my ticket.

Another problem is those lil bits of paper to do with meters get nicked if you leave them on your bike and then you get another ticket.

You sir are a legend and I'm bookmarking that

campbellluke
19th July 2005, 16:01
Which bike only park was it? Moray place? I don't get bothered when people take up bike only parks. Usually all the parks around it are completely covered. - You can often take your car over to the octagon 8 floor parking. And have all the floors totally full. - But I guess the guy is a bit of an ass if he needs the spot for 6 hours. Probably could plan better.

I often just use regular parking meter parks anyway. Parking my bike facing the road. So cars especially Diahatsu types can share the spot with me.

I often feel a bit nervious about the pay and display on a motorbike. But I haven't had any problems like you.

scumdog
19th July 2005, 16:18
Was in Dunners yesterday, heaps of empty bike parks in the Exchange vicinity, it was a windy drizzly day through there, maybe all the bikers wimped out for the day?

Rain only went as far south as Allanton.

TonyB
19th July 2005, 17:04
It's YOU isn't it?
I know what you did last summer. . . . . well OK, not last summer, more like after the Lions test (PT)

Biff
19th July 2005, 17:08
Forget it. You didn't do right, but hey - you didn't slap anyone. Forget it - smile, snigger and relish the 1 up you got on a prat.

2_SL0
19th July 2005, 20:21
Mate that is nothing. I can better it by a loooooooooooooong way. But I aint going into that here.
But seriously dont sweat it.

thehollowmen
19th July 2005, 21:51
Was in Dunners yesterday, heaps of empty bike parks in the Exchange vicinity, it was a windy drizzly day through there, maybe all the bikers wimped out for the day?

Rain only went as far south as Allanton.

It was the ones outside smith city. The ones by the library and outside the meridian also had cars in them which sorta fueled the fire. I'd gone around the block so many times I'd seen the sign taken in from one of the shops I was supposed to visit :-/

WINJA
19th July 2005, 21:54
GOOD ON YA MATE THATS WHAT SHOULD BE DONE.

scumdog
19th July 2005, 22:12
It was the ones outside smith city. The ones by the library and outside the meridian also had cars in them which sorta fueled the fire. I'd gone around the block so many times I'd seen the sign taken in from one of the shops I was supposed to visit :-/

Get a heap of signs printed that say "I'm not a motorbike, I'm a wanker that pisses motorbikers off by parking on motorbike parks" and stick them on the windscreen of the offending vehicle, what's the dick going to say? "It wasn't me"?

WINJA
19th July 2005, 22:16
Get a heap of signs printed that say "I'm not a motorbike, I'm a wanker that pisses motorbikers off by parking on motorbike parks" and stick them on the windscreen of the offending vehicle, what's the dick going to say? "It wasn't me"?
I ONCE STUCK A STICKER THAT SAID "HILLMAN HUNTER" ALONG THE TOP OF MY
MATES PRELUDE, THEN SLICED THE STICKER WITH A RAZOR SO IT CAME OFF IN BITS , IT WAS ONE OF THOSE BIG STICKERS THAT GO ALONG THE TOP OF THE WINDSCREEN THEY WERE FROM THE $2 SHOP I GOT PLENTY LEFT SO I MIGHT USE THOSE

XP@
19th July 2005, 23:50
Once followed a taxi halfway round a corner in town.
Then he stopped, double parked right in front of the bike park i was heading for.
I avoided running in to his rear end by taking the pavement option (lucky noone there :-)
Round the pavement and in to the bike park from the other side.
Unfortunatly the drop from the pavement was a lot so i had to gas it a little.
Stopping in time was a little hard so i didn't.
The knobblies i was wearing at the time left a few small rubbery marks in his door (ooops)

Beemer
20th July 2005, 11:05
Total tosser and I think you were quite restrained in your actions. Most people who see red tend to smash something or at the very least leave permanent damage - you didn't, so I wouldn't waste my money on anger management just yet! I think I probably would have done the same!

I was in Wellington a while back in the car and wanted to go near Midland Park. About 10 parks were filled by taxis waiting for fares, so I double-parked near them and checked the meters - all empty. I asked if any of them were waiting for fares and they all said yes, so I pointed out that if they were occupying car parks, they should pay for them. They all ignored me, so I got on the phone to the council and said what was going on. I have never seen so many taxi drivers move so fast in all my life! All but one put money in the meters and one got a fare, so as soon as he moved, I had my park! Sorted! Cost me a mobile call, but the satisfaction was immense.

I'm all for letting down the tyres myself - and do it on the ones closest to the footpath, to make it extremely hard for them to notice or do much about. And they only have one spare, what a shame!

Wolf
22nd July 2005, 09:40
Some twats parked their Wanker Rotary in the Victoria St South bike park, I wound up parking in the carpark at the Art Museum and walked back up the street, another guy on a bike rolled up and rolled away to reappear on foot. We were both sitting outside adjoining cafes not far from the bike park. Over half an hour later the PFYs came out of whatever rock they'd been under and returned to their car so the other biker and I wandered over and had a few words with them about parking in bike parks. They decided that they would show their lack of fear of us by revving their engine really loud as they left.

Wolf
22nd July 2005, 09:44
Is that an "official" recommendation?

Seriously, I'd love to do that (sigh, yet another thing to make sure I have on me when I go out for a ride) and I like WINJA's idea of scoring the sticker with a razor so it has to come off in pieces - lots of tiny pieces...

Pancakes
10th August 2005, 15:05
Whats the deal with damaging someones car when they're parked where they shouldn't be? Do any of the cops here know of something you can do that carries a really light penalty, they dob you in, you get a warning and they get a ticket. Oooooh, I can't even think straight it makes me mad. The worst I find is the boy racers parked in the Pram parks smoking while I need somewhere wide enough to pull the pram next to the car to transfer a sleeping baby. Aaaaargh, do what you need to, don't hurt people and don't get caught or ride off all angry and crash 'round the corner.

Pixie
10th August 2005, 23:04
...is no-ones business but your own.

geoffm
21st August 2005, 12:19
Remember, if you are going to let doen their tyres, take the valve stems out as well for extra fun!. Supergluing the tyre caps back on adds bonus points

Bren_chch
22nd August 2005, 21:13
Yeah I had a massive argument with a bitch about her parking her BONGO WAGON in a MC park, apparently she was allowed to park there cause she was Maori. I told her not to pull that shit on me cause I was Maori too ( I'm not, I just tan well and have a flat nose).

:rofl: :rofl:

Skyryder
23rd August 2005, 21:31
Anger and motorcycle can kill.

I sometime sighn off

Stay sharp, stay cool.(a little of image but mostly don't get angry)......stay alive. Best advice I got. best advice I can give.

Skyryder Stay sharp ........stay cool= Stay alive.

inlinefour
24th August 2005, 03:04
I'd tend to get on the cellphone and get some more bikers down there. Park the bikes around the cage so that it cannot be removed. Lock steering on the bikes so that they may not be removed. Then find a close vantage point like a cafe and wait for the turkey to return. Advise him/her that they will have to wait until you have finished at the cafe. Also make it very clear that you will not allow your bikes to be touched by them. Sometimes people just need a hard lesson. Use your heads KBers, and keep the emotions in tow. :devil2:

NC
24th August 2005, 17:22
In fluro yellow, so it stands out like "stuff"

NC
24th August 2005, 17:24
It's YOU isn't it?
I know what you did last summer. . . . . well OK, not last summer, more like after the Lions test (PT)
:innocent: